Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Max. times you can load a battery pack air
1547 16 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi,
My accu (battery) pacs will not load for the 100% anymore after round about 60 times to be loaded.
Is anyone experianced about this matter?
What is the normal lifetime from a Air batterypack?  
And... when should I renew them ?

Thanks in advance.
driverseat03
2018-5-18
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

It depends on how many power left in the battery before charge. If you always used close to 0% it will die faster. If you charge immediately after fly when the battery still hot it also die faster.

Remain around 20% power per fly and charge after battery cool down will increase battery life.
2018-5-18
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Thnks. for your reply. That's exact how I handle. After 60 flights, flight time is now increasing and after 100% loading time is now 77%
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

driverseat Posted at 2018-5-18 07:38
Thnks. for your reply. That's exact how I handle. After 60 flights, flight time is now increasing and after 100% loading time is now 77%

Hi, GDL is correct. Please keep close attention to the notification from the DJI GO4 app, if there is an issue, there will be an error message in the DJI GO4 app to let you know that, then please renew the battery.
2018-5-18
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

D, thnks for your reply.
driverseat03
2018-5-19
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Hong Kong

How many cycle DJI expected for MA battery under normal usage?
2018-5-19
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Yes thnks that's more what I want to know.
Under normal conditions of use what should/can I expect as a normal lifetime circle for one battery?
Can you load it 80, 90, 100 times ?? before you have to replace it.
That's more what I want to hear (from DJI maybe??).   
2018-5-19
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Hong Kong

You should change battery if it can't maintain the flight time you want. Or power drop too quickly which may cause dangerous.
2018-5-19
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I also want to know the battery cycle expectd by DJI as reference.
2018-5-19
Use props
Manufree
New

Hong Kong

It is recommended 200 cycles or six month, please refer the warranty policy ,thanks .
2018-5-28
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

When the battery are to hot, the charger won't start up to load the battery.
2018-5-28
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

That's a good tip. Thanks for that. Might it happen then I go for a look for this possible reason.
2018-5-28
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Manufree Posted at 2018-5-28 04:12
It is recommended 200 cycles or six month, please refer the warranty policy ,thanks .

Hi, I keep it in mind. Today I made a mistake. I thought all battery's are full. Butt after about 10 min. I've lost almost my bird. He didn't fly home because the battery didn't made it.

At home, after re-(full) load the max. percentage of capacity was 46%. So I have replaced this one for a new one.

I saw my bird lying in the field about 300 mtrs away (thkns G.d). And.....NOTHING broken. I'm a happy pilot again.
2018-5-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think some battery failures maybe caused by the drones themselves sometimes.

I know drones suck a lot of amperage out of the batteries, sometimes too much heat and amperage and that maybe causing failures.

Dji should And needs to implement a throttling system and an in app toggle for it (default on?).  So basically if it sees drone is tearing up too much current from the battery it should start throttling back limiting motor speeds same thing with thermals.. battery/current sensors/ESCs start cooking they need to be limited.  

Think about it like GPU Boost on modern graphics cards in PC.. if it sees that thermals and power is good and not sagging or rocketing up in tempatures..  it runs itself up to it’s designed limits (and sometimes beyond limits a bit), but if it sees thermals are rocketing up too far it starts scaling back or sees the voltage is dropping too rapidly with amount not current being used it starts scaling back.  It tries to keep itself in a state of equilibrium best it can using these thermal and current sensors while still delivering the most performance possible.  

I’m ranting on and on.. but hopefully you get my idea and dji implements this..  this could save a lot of premature failures specially with the onset of summer in the northern hemisphere..
2018-5-28
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Hello driverseat, and the leds on you battery where all on? The max fly time I can make with fuly charged new battery are about 17 min. than they are almost empty.
2018-5-28
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

When was the last time you deep cycled the battery? Pay closer attention to battery cell voltages than the percent left .
2018-5-28
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Thanks for your reply. Last time was Sunday 20th May. I do this every month up to 6 weeks. And as soon as I have used them I'll put them away without charging.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules