Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight Records - Syncing and Deleting
3700 7 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gibss
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, still learning the ropes of my new P4P.  Is it a good idea to "clear" local flight records?  And what would be the purpose of "syncing" flight records?  I download my pics and videos from the drone onto my desktop computer for editing.  I use an ipad mini 4 for my drone.  Would it eventually run out of space if you saved everything you shot/filmed?
2018-5-18
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

When you sync flight records you save them in the DJI 'Cloud' - and your mileage (in meters) is added to your Avatar in this forum.
Some people prefer not to share their flights with DJI. The advantage though is: If you loose your device and you log in from another device you can retrieve all previous flight records.

The flight records do not take up much space. After 300 flights that folder has on my device 630MB.
What takes up space is if you always record your flights locally. That is the Video caching which you can activate in the app.
These files go to the folder DJI_Record. Not be confused with the folder FlightRecord which contains the .txt files which are your flight records.
2018-5-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Always a good idea to sync.  You can delete from app and still have them in the cloud.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sync the flight records regularly, the experience level and the flight distance will be displayed under your avatar. If the unfortunate happens, DJI will contact you to get the flight records for analysis.
2018-5-20
Use props
SWAT 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3471 ft
United States

I always sync flight records, what does clear local flight records do?
2022-10-5
Use props
SWAT 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3471 ft
United States

I also have a Mavic two pro but it’s not listed on my account is that because I did not buy it directly from DJI?
2022-10-5
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SWAT 1 Posted at 10-5 11:46
I also have a Mavic two pro but it’s not listed on my account is that because I did not buy it directly from DJI?

If it had already been activated, it won't show for you.
But that doesn't matter.
2022-10-5
Use props
rogiervdheide
Second Officer
Liechtenstein

SWAT 1 Posted at 2022-10-5 11:43
I always sync flight records, what does clear local flight records do?

the ones on the drone, you cannot clear. Clearing the ones in the app, well, clears them.
1-30 11:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules