gimbal vibrations
1082 17 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

got a warning " abnormal gimbal vibration" when initiated take off, the drone tipped to one side fell off platform about 8 inces off the ground, I restarted it and gor the warning again, then warning about calibrating compass as well as IMU,  done that calibration on both were successful , but still getting the warning abnormql gimbal vibration.
2018-5-18
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Did a little research and found this.
'The gimbal cable might have a little damage to it. It doesn't take much of a shock to cause damage to it.
Also this might help. Gimbal Vibration

Hope you can get your problem resolved.
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-18 07:38
'The gimbal cable might have a little damage to it. It doesn't take much of a shock to cause damage to it.

thanks B1,  it cannot be that bad because once in a while the warning goes back out and I get the green light but then it comes back, will definitely look into it further, thanks for the input.
2018-5-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PJ have you recently changed your props! Check all props are fitted correctly or replace and see if it makes a difference.
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

RE: gimbal vibrations resolved!

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-18 08:22
PJ have you recently changed your props! Check all props are fitted correctly or replace and see if it makes a difference.

got the problem resolved. thank you,  will post what I done in order to fix the problem.
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Resolved,  the gimbal itself went off the track. when i went to put the gimbal protector, it would not go on, after looking at it closely i noticed it was off it's track,  pushed the 2 front gimbal adjusters ahead and up, slid the track back in and voila!  Am i ever some happy i got it fixed, works good now, no warnings and everything is ready to show my MP to my wife's family this Sunday, thank you all for your help and inputs.
2018-5-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

in windy conditions my gimbal viberates and has a jello effect.. happens mostly if im flying into the wind camera facing it.. but also happened on clam days sitting stationary.   i checked my mount/brackets and rubber band things..  all looks good as new apart from some fine dirty/dust up in there which doesn't feel like its worked it way into the gimbal system yet...  

the way i resolved my gimbal from freaking out too much on calm days is i added a lens filter to it.. UV, CPL or ND filters.. just a few grams added to the camera and do a recalibration of the gimbal on my super level workbench and its solid...  not sure why maybe the way DJI sets it up at the factory it is way too picky about thresholds for camera unit weight and mine was slightly lighter than expected *shrugs*  ???
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-18 12:44
in windy conditions my gimbal viberates and has a jello effect.. happens mostly if im flying into the wind camera facing it.. but also happened on clam days sitting stationary.   i checked my mount/brackets and rubber band things..  all looks good as new apart from some fine dirty/dust up in there which doesn't feel like its worked it way into the gimbal system yet...  

the way i resolved my gimbal from freaking out too much on calm days is i added a lens filter to it.. UV, CPL or ND filters.. just a few grams added to the camera and do a recalibration of the gimbal on my super level workbench and its solid...  not sure why maybe the way DJI sets it up at the factory it is way too picky about thresholds for camera unit weight and mine was slightly lighter than expected *shrugs*  ???

I had an nd filter on it but like I said the problem has been fixed, the gimbal centre track was off so I returned it to it's proper mounting. thanks for your input
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-18 07:38

problem resolved B1, thanks pal
2018-5-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-18 15:50
I had an nd filter on it but like I said the problem has been fixed, the gimbal centre track was off so I returned it to it's proper mounting. thanks for your input

ya mine is solid in its correct mounting location..  just i found for me, adding a couple grams to the camera usit via a lens filter fixed my jello wobby effect and helps massively with when the wind causes vibration errors or glitches.  

mine not being off the tracks/brackets and having a good rubber banding system and free moving mounts and gimbal, short of replacing camera unit i figured likely just a factory or firmware calibration related issue with the weight or something.  so seems to fixed mine.  so anyone having similar issue should check mounts and brackets and recalibrate with a filter on it.  
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-18 16:02
ya mine is solid in its correct mounting location..  just i found for me, adding a couple grams to the camera usit via a lens filter fixed my jello wobby effect and helps massively with when the wind causes vibration errors or glitches.  

mine not being off the tracks/brackets and having a good rubber banding system and free moving mounts and gimbal, short of replacing camera unit i figured likely just a factory or firmware calibration related issue with the weight or something.  so seems to fixed mine.  so anyone having similar issue should check mounts and brackets and recalibrate with a filter on it.

I'm just very happy that I did not have to send it away, I waited a long time to get videos of the beaches near our cottage, went out tonight and the videos were flawless, thanks again for your concern and info.
2018-5-18
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-18 12:37
Resolved,  the gimbal itself went off the track. when i went to put the gimbal protector, it would not go on, after looking at it closely i noticed it was off it's track,  pushed the 2 front gimbal adjusters ahead and up, slid the track back in and voila!  Am i ever some happy i got it fixed, works good now, no warnings and everything is ready to show my MP to my wife's family this Sunday, thank you all for your help and inputs.

Glad to see the problem is fixed.
I will add your findings to my list of Mavic fixes.
Never know when I might run in to the same problem.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-18 12:37
Resolved,  the gimbal itself went off the track. when i went to put the gimbal protector, it would not go on, after looking at it closely i noticed it was off it's track,  pushed the 2 front gimbal adjusters ahead and up, slid the track back in and voila!  Am i ever some happy i got it fixed, works good now, no warnings and everything is ready to show my MP to my wife's family this Sunday, thank you all for your help and inputs.

Thank you for your update, glad to know that everything is fine, hope you have a nice weekend.
2018-5-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-18 16:29
I'm just very happy that I did not have to send it away, I waited a long time to get videos of the beaches near our cottage, went out tonight and the videos were flawless, thanks again for your concern and info.

Good News, glad it is okay Jack
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-18 17:00
Glad to see the problem is fixed.
I will add your findings to my list of Mavic fixes.
Never know when I might run in to the same problem.

actually you put me on the right track, I looked at the link that you gave me and the one lad showed exactly what had happen to me, the image # was 7, I fixed it before seeing it but  that was the problem, now how it got out of there is beyond me. Thanks B1.
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-18 19:08
Thank you for your update, glad to know that everything is fine, hope you have a nice weekend.

thank you Diane and likewise
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Suren Posted at 2018-5-18 21:58
Good News, glad it is okay Jack

thanks Suren,
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-18 08:22

yes after that I immediately changed the props for new ones.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules