Gimble question.
549 4 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

How much damage can you do to your gimble if you keep forgeting to put on the cover?  When not flying.

2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

That really depends on how you transport it without the cover on it.  I believe that in my case i won't do a lot of damage.  It has it's own space and won't get pushed around or anything.  
My question is how much damage am i doing by leaving the cover on when i turn it on??  i get 'Gimble Overload' messages a lot while i'm going through the final stages of preparing for take off.  Then it's "SHOOT!!  I forgot again!!!"  "get the damn checklist out.  stop being cocky"
but i talk to myself like that a lot.
2018-5-18
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

I keep putting the guard on my pocket. Then when putting the drone away I forget to put it on again.
2018-5-18
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The cover has nothing to do with the gimble and removing it before take off to prevent light reflections.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Datadogie Posted at 2018-5-18 09:45
I keep putting the guard on my pocket. Then when putting the drone away I forget to put it on again.

The gimbal cover will protect the gimbal camera when you transporting the drone. If your drone is stable standing on a table, it won't be damaged without the gimbal cover, please don't worry. Actually, if there is an issue, there will be an error message in DJI GO4 app to let you know that, please keep close attention to the notification from the DJI GO4 app, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules