2389 8 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knightmt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1113077 ft
Canada

Hey all,

On quite an important shoot this weekend out of the country and am having problems with a "Lens Disconnected" error that is not allowing me to auto-focus (or focus at all) the lens on the X5S.

I have tried everything. Slave/Master remote resets, calibration of IMU, gimbal, camera, nothing is working.

I upgraded to V01.02.0100 3 days ago and I'm suspicious it's the culprit. Is anyone having this problem and has a solution? Is there an easy way to downgrade firmware? DroneZBreak isn't doing the trick for the downgrade and on my DJI Assitant 2 it's not giving me the option to downgrade anymore.

DJI support was no help, just wants me to send the Inspire 2 in for diagnostics.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you try to reboot your drone when you get the error message? Please clean the connector of your lens and mount it again. I would recommend you flash the firmware of your drone with DJI Assistant. Please keep us updated, if the problem remains.
2018-5-19
Use props
knightmt
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-19 01:47
Did you try to reboot your drone when you get the error message? Please clean the connector of your lens and mount it again. I would recommend you flash the firmware of your drone with DJI Assistant. Please keep us updated, if the problem remains.

Yes rebooted the drone and still was there. I've probably cleaned the lens connections and gimbal connections a dozen times. Flashed the firmware last night in Assistant and still get the error.
2018-5-19
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think that you can downgrade. Have you tried another lens? How about the Lens Calibration in your Settings? If you can, put another  Lens on and do the  focus calibration. I rember that my Lens was way out of focus after the last update and I could not get it to focus with the focus knob on my Cendence. I put the Camera into Auotfocus and tapped the focus square on the screen and it came into focus and everything works fine after that. Good Luck.
2018-5-19
Use props
knightmt
lvl.1
Canada

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-5-19 04:17
I don't think that you can downgrade. Have you tried another lens? How about the Lens Calibration in your Settings? If you can, put another  Lens on and do the  focus calibration. I rember that my Lens was way out of focus after the last update and I could not get it to focus with the focus knob on my Cendence. I put the Camera into Auotfocus and tapped the focus square on the screen and it came into focus and everything works fine after that. Good Luck.

Unfortunately, no such luck. Tried 2 different lenses and the lens won't even calibrate. Nothing when I switch between AF/MF and tapping the screen to get auto focus is the main problem.
2018-5-19
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

knightmt Posted at 2018-5-19 14:07
Unfortunately, no such luck. Tried 2 different lenses and the lens won't even calibrate. Nothing when I switch between AF/MF and tapping the screen to get auto focus is the main problem.

Bummer! I wish I had an answer for you. You have tried everything possible. I feel for you. Can you send the camera itself in for evaluation? That would be much easier than sending the Inspire back.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

knightmt Posted at 2018-5-19 14:07

Please try to put the lens in place and rotates the lens several times. Please install it gently and avoid rotating it forcibly. If it fails again, please keep us updated.
2018-5-21
Use props
grantbout
New
United States

My colleague and I are also having the same problem with Inspire 2 X7.... it started with only our 24mm... we did exactly the steps listed above, gently but surely putting the lens on correctly with multiple turns. We have reset the drone but still have the issue. We were limited to using our 35mm and 16 mm... We switched to the 16mm and it worked for 2 flights then during the same day it then no longer recognized the 16.. so we are out on the 16 and 24... We have cleaned the contacts but will do so again... had no issues till this latest firmware update... please advise ?
2019-3-31
Use props
fans397d3f3c
New

Italy

Hi, I've the same problem, my inspire 1 v 2.0 is equipped by x5 Raw and sometimes tell me that dji lens is disconnected. I've tried to turn off the drone and restart, this operation  sometimes solve the problem, other times no. The camera work, I'm able to take photos and videos, but in some videos the focus is terrible, in other times it seems ok. I've used X5raw with osmo and in this case I've not the same problem, only sometimes seems that the changing of focus is very slow.

For me is a great problem because I work with this product and I need to have a rapid solution.

Thank you very much.

If you want to write me in private, this is my email:

58air58@gmail.com
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules