Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iOS DJI Go 4 V4.2.16
1251 10 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

This one just landed here (U.K), what's interesting is when first run, an option  as to which information you share with DJI :-)

Looks like privacy has now arrived on DJI Go 4

Edit:- or perhaps not :-! Looks like some, if not all, need to be selected for 'normal' operation.
2018-5-18
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Wonder if it is part of the new EU  General Data Protection Regulation thing that's to take effect May 25?  I've been getting emails about signing in having owned some EU software (I'm in USA) or they need to delete or block from sending anything to me.

General Data Protection Regulation
2018-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-5-18 14:15
Wonder if it is part of the new EU  General Data Protection Regulation thing that's to take effect May 25?  I've been getting emails about signing in having owned some EU software (I'm in USA) or they need to delete or block from sending anything to me.

General Data Protection Regulation

That seems the most likely explanation
2018-5-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

I used this new version of the app today and had the same privacy questions.
I just wonder what will happen to some users who rave about their privacy and say no to use of gps and location questions. Does this mean they no longer have a working gps?
It does not bother me and DJI can have all my info as much as they want.
One change I did like is now you have the option to force land if the drone thinks your landing pad is not suitable. You can just land regardless.
2018-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-18 22:40
I just wonder what will happen to some users who rave about their privacy and say no to use of gps and location questions. Does this mean they no longer have a working gps?

I can answer part of that, I believe you are correct, with location and GPS disallowed the map was greyed out. It would likely follow that positioning modes and those reliant on GPS would not function if DJI were not allowed access to GLONASS/GPS.

I think to have full functionality of aircraft that you need to agree to them all.
2018-5-19
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-18 22:40

I don’t see any mention or description of this change in the release notes.
2018-5-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

JockC Posted at 2018-5-19 05:16
I don’t see any mention or description of this change in the release notes.

The release notes don't always list all the changes.
2018-5-19
Use props
JockC
First Officer

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-19 20:17
The release notes don't always list all the changes.

With most products they do but DJI’s release notes invariably only list what they want you to know. Release notes should provide a list of all changes irrespective of whether they are positive or negative.
2018-5-20
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

JockC Posted at 2018-5-20 04:32
With most products they do but DJI’s release notes invariably only list what they want you to know. Release notes should provide a list of all changes irrespective of whether they are positive or negative.

Here are the release notes:

2018-5-20
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

Here is what they are asking. I wouldn't allow me to decline Approx. Location.
I could have declined the other parts but it will "cause the related features not function as intended"

Sounds to me like I can decline but then I can't fly ;-)
(The order of the screenshots got reverted upon upload. View from bottom to top)
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
2018-5-20
Use props
JockC
First Officer

We are all aware of what the release notes said. It's what they don't say that I was complaining about. Release notes should include ALL changes that affect an owner; not just the changes that DJI believes will appeal to owners.
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules