Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Tello App is asking for "Contacts" permissions
Home / TELLO /
1249 7 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a1exus
lvl.1

United States

Why is it Tello app (Android) is asking for my "Contacts" persmission???

Please advise.
2018-5-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, thank you for your feedback. We will pick it up to the relevant engineer to cancel this permission. If you do not want Tello app to access the "Contacts", please reject it. And it would not affect your flight.
2018-5-21
Use props
a1exus
lvl.1

United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-21 18:47
Hey, thank you for your feedback. We will pick it up to the relevant engineer to cancel this permission. If you do not want Tello app to access the "Contacts", please reject it. And it would not affect your flight.

same goes for "Phone" permission as well.
2018-5-22
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

a1exus Posted at 2018-5-22 06:59
same goes for "Phone" permission as well.

Hey, please reject it if you don't need. And it would not affect your flight.
2018-5-23
Use props
a1exus
lvl.1

United States

"reject" doesn't answer my initial question why is it there at the first place, rejecting only works once... if I to re-launch app, I have to "reject" that again, it makes no sense to "reject" what shouldn't have been there at the first place...
2018-5-24
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

a1exus Posted at 2018-5-24 12:53
"reject" doesn't answer my initial question why is it there at the first place, rejecting only works once... if I to re-launch app, I have to "reject" that again, it makes no sense to "reject" what shouldn't have been there at the first place...

Hey, thank you for your feedback. We will pick it up to the relevant engineer to cancel this permission. If you do not want, please reject it at the time being.
2018-5-27
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-27 02:50
Hey, thank you for your feedback. We will pick it up to the relevant engineer to cancel this permission. If you do not want, please reject it at the time being.

When will you get fixed all those crazy permissions the app ask for?
Just the other day the app has updated but still i request for several permissions that makes no sense.
2018-7-14
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for your time reaching us back again. Sorry to read on that. May I confirm if the " contacts" permission is still visible?
If yes, would be so kind to provide some screenshots showing the required permission and APP version so that we can look into it.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused you and look forward to your reply.  
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules