12Next >
7509 57 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ovi 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 351545 ft
United States

After updating the Mavic air to the latest Firmware the drone will drift to the right without me touching the remote. How can I fix this?
(I think the remote is the problem when I try to calibrate without touching the sticks will just go to the left without me doing anything)

2018-5-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

you can roll back using Dji assistant app on pc or mac see if that helps. if not otherwise calibrate the IMUs and/or calibrate your remote's sticks..
2018-5-18
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-18 19:48
you can roll back using Dji assistant app on pc or mac see if that helps. if not otherwise calibrate the IMUs and/or calibrate your remote's sticks..

I don’t think  you can roll back the firmware
2018-5-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-18 19:59

first do a refresh using the dji assistant 2 on pc/mac.

if that fails: try calibrating your IMU on a level surface just make sure it is actually level not just visually level..

if that fails:  then try calibrating the control sticks...  

if all that fails...swap props around so each diagonal  corner has props swapped with each other.  see if maybe balance issue with the props...

if nothing helps here than i suggest exchanging in store/online if in the grace period to do so or getting your drone repaired if not
2018-5-18
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-18 20:17
first do a refresh using the dji assistant 2 on pc/mac.

if that fails: try calibrating your IMU on a level surface just make sure it is actually level not just visually level..

The only thing I didn't do is this "calibrating the control sticks."
2018-5-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-18 20:21
The only thing I didn't do is this "calibrating the control sticks."

try that... only thing left to check off..  

is it constantly moving one direction every time?  if so then probably calibration will work..  that should zero it back out
2018-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-18 19:59

Can't speak for Mavic Air, but I was able to recently rollback firmware on Mavic Pro.

If nothing else works, you might see if Assistant 2 will show you firmware revisions and allow you to select previous revision.
2018-5-18
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-18 20:27
Can't speak for Mavic Air, but I was able to recently rollback firmware on Mavic Pro.

If nothing else works, you might see if Assistant 2 will show you firmware revisions and allow you to select previous revision.

I will try that thank you
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-18 20:29
I will try that thank you

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please try it and let us know the update, thanks!
2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

the Mavic Air will not allow a rollback from .400

I just attempted it using the Assistant, on a Mac as well as a Windows PC.  The previous firmware versions  no longer show up as an option to downgrade.

So today, I did the following:

Factory reset Mavic Air
Refresh .400 firmware on Mavic Air
Refresh .100 firmware on RC Controller
Remove DJI Go 4 app and all cached data from phone
Reinstall DJI Go 4 app 4.2.16 on phone

Calibrate aircraft using the Assitant app
Calibrate Controller sticks

it is currently 3:40am, so i've still got about 3 more hours before I can go out and test to see if this helped at all.  I really hope so!!
*UPDATE*

I went out this morning to see how the above procedure would fair.

It did better, but there are still issues.  here is my day:

Upon takeoff, the MA rose to 3.9 ft and did stay stable this time.  there wasn't any yawing or drifting.  This is a marked improvement.
The Air was also responsive as i thought it should be.
Those are the good things.  However, here is a list of the bad:  at 300ft away (91m) the camera view began to skip.  I paused and jumped around until the aircraft was under 250 ft (76m)  at this point the video smoothed back out.  This is a terrible development becausei base my video shots on what I see on the screen.  I don't have DJI Goggles to do FPV.  So i can't really steer it without seeing the view from the camera.  This is putting a damper on the footage that I am getting.
I'm now also suffering a significant amount of controller disconnects.  I flew around my neighborhood, and while the MA was only 400 ft away, (122m) it suffered disconnects.  This is the same area that i ran my very first flights, and had no problems.  Since I live here, i have launched from this exact spot many times, and only once did i experience "strong aircraft interference".  and that was 1600 ft (500m) in the opposite direction of where i was flying.

I lost connection to the controller 3 times in my short flight, and RTH did not engage.  I was able to gain connection again and was then able to initiate RTH.  RTH did execute properly although it did not get the precise landing quite right.  It landed approximately 3 ft (1m) from it's take off spot.  I launched from my near the edge of my driveway. I know for a fact there is no rebar in the concrete.

I'm going out to the park today where i took a lot of footage before, so see what it does out there.  I'll update this again when i return.
2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As promised, here is my update.  When i got to the park to launch, the Air requested calibration.

after calibration, the air went up and was as steady as it used to be.

I did not get the same disconnects that I noted in the previous post, but i did get the "Strong Aircraft Interference" notice once i went past 600 ft. I don't know what would have caused that because i was over a lake.

I'm still looking everyday for a firmware update to fix the problems, but at least i can fly again.  as long as i stay close and low.
2018-5-19
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Today I calibreated the remote with the same results. The Mavic air will just drift to the right. Before this firmware update I had no issues like this.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-19 20:22
Today I calibreated the remote with the same results. The Mavic air will just drift to the right. Before this firmware update I had no issues like this.

Have you also tried calibrating the IMU and compass? Besides, ensure that the propellers are not damaged. If the issue persists, please help to export the flight data and system log from the drone, upload to Dropbox and paste the link here, I will forward the case to the engineers to check.
2018-5-21
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

I will have more time this week to test this. I calibrated the IMU and the Compass. I checked the propelers and I dont see any damage. I will test the drone again and i will upload the data. Thank you
2018-5-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Could you please upload a typical flightrecord of a flight when you experienced these problems to this site and share the link with us?: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-5-25
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-18 19:48
you can roll back using Dji assistant app on pc or mac see if that helps. if not otherwise calibrate the IMUs and/or calibrate your remote's sticks..

the .400 firmware will not allow you to rollback.  
many people have said that you can, but in my experience, you can't go backward from it.  I've tried several times
2018-5-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-25 14:03
the .400 firmware will not allow you to rollback.  
many people have said that you can, but in my experience, you can't go backward from it.  I've tried several times

I’m getting confused with Mavic Air and Mavic Pro.  Ya the Mavic Air you probably cannot roll back without jailbreaking and disabling anti roll back feature perminately unless dji allows it.  Which they should. As long as they properly handle signing updates they can safely allow roll backs.

The Mavic Pro I believe you can roll back on models certain models without jailbreaking and some models require jailbreaking.  Mine was supposed to be capable of rolling back without jailbreaking but mine needed to be unjailed first.   

If you find the software to jailbreak it, don’t have to keep using it, it should retain its unlocked status and you can roll back within dji assistant 2 app.    That’s my experience with the Mavic Pro post unlocking.  

2018-5-25
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-25 14:11
I’m getting confused with Mavic Air and Mavic Pro.  Ya the Mavic Air you probably cannot roll back without jailbreaking and disabling anti roll back feature perminately unless dji allows it.  Which they should. As long as they properly handle signing updates they can safely allow roll backs.

The Mavic Pro I believe you can roll back on models certain models without jailbreaking and some models require jailbreaking.  Mine was supposed to be capable of rolling back without jailbreaking but mine needed to be unjailed first.   

it looks like the normal behaviour is to allow rollback.  I think this update was different.  There were warnings that clearly said that this one will not allow rollback.  When i opened the assitant before update, i saw the other 2 firmware options that allowed rollback.  but once i updated, those are gone.  At this point, we are just waiting for DJI to update the broken firmware.  

I've been lucky enough to get mine back to a working state with the current firmware, so even though i'm coming in here EVERYDAY looking for an update, I'm also still able to fly.
2018-5-25
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-25 14:34
it looks like the normal behaviour is to allow rollback.  I think this update was different.  There were warnings that clearly said that this one will not allow rollback.  When i opened the assitant before update, i saw the other 2 firmware options that allowed rollback.  but once i updated, those are gone.  At this point, we are just waiting for DJI to update the broken firmware.  

I've been lucky enough to get mine back to a working state with the current firmware, so even though i'm coming in here EVERYDAY looking for an update, I'm also still able to fly.

I'm able to fly to but im scared the drone will go crazy on me
2018-5-25
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-25 16:47
I'm able to fly to but im scared the drone will go crazy on me

valid concern.
2018-5-25
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-25 12:51
Could you please upload a typical flightrecord of a flight when you experienced these problems to this site and share the link with us?: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/S55AOYDWNGZ0NOXN8DME/
2018-5-27
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-21 20:32
Have you also tried calibrating the IMU and compass? Besides, ensure that the propellers are not damaged. If the issue persists, please help to export the flight data and system log from the drone, upload to Dropbox and paste the link here, I will forward the case to the engineers to check.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cevmz ... XOtKjC1Fc8Pcca?dl=0
2018-5-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-27 17:54
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/S55AOYDWNGZ0NOXN8DME/

Thank you for posting the flightrecord. It seems that you did not have a stable satellite link at take off time , which is supported by the fact that no home point was recorded. As a result your aircraft cannot stabilise it's position. You should wait for a minimum of 11 satellites (better more) before taking off in order to have a stable link.
2018-5-27
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-27 22:16
Thank you for posting the flightrecord. It seems that you did not have a stable satellite link at take off time , which is supported by the fact that no home point was recorded. As a result your aircraft cannot stabilise it's position. You should wait for a minimum of 11 satellites (better more) before taking off in order to have a stable link.

I'm flying the drone In my back yard . I had no issue before with the previous firmware
2018-5-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-27 22:36
I'm flying the drone In my back yard . I had no issue before with the previous firmware

I suggest you test it again but with sufficient satellites linked before take off. Nothing suggests so far that your problem is linked to the firmware update.
2018-5-28
Use props
fans505d6b08
lvl.1
Austria

Hello i updatet my Mavic Air also to .400 and now i get GPS Problems, i turns on & off cannot get it stable I flashed to .400 again & have calibrated the sensor...didnt get better....
2018-5-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-28 04:04
I suggest you test it again but with sufficient satellites linked before take off. Nothing suggests so far that your problem is linked to the firmware update.

Perfect advice mate  
2018-5-28
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-28 04:04

I tried today again after reset all the settings, refresh the firmware and with 15 satellites with the same results. Can you explain to me how a 100% functional drone tested in the same enviroment after the firmware updates start drifting ? The only thing that changed was the firmware. How come multiple people have the same issue ?
2018-5-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-28 13:39
I tried today again after reset all the settings, refresh the firmware and with 15 satellites with the same results. Can you explain to me how a 100% functional drone tested in the same enviroment after the firmware updates start drifting ? The only thing that changed was the firmware. How come multiple people have the same issue ?

Would you mind posting the flightrecord of your today's test? I and others only want to help, it is not my intention to play anything down. If there is a problem, we need to find the precise cause!
And how much has it drifted today at which altitude? Any detail will help to track down the cause.
And once again, nobody here is trying to prove you doing something wrong. Some clearly have a problem like yours, many others don't. So let's join our efforts to track the root cause down.
2018-5-28
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-28 13:47
Would you mind posting the flightrecord of your today's test? I and others only want to help, it is not my intention to play anything down. If there is a problem, we need to find the precise cause!
And how much has it drifted today at which altitude? Any detail will help to track down the cause.
And once again, nobody here is trying to prove you doing something wrong. Some clearly have a problem like yours, many others don't. So let's join our efforts to track the root cause down.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RXTBNQ2WM8N1MFMN75AF/

I don't know what to do at this point out of the blue will just turn without me touching the remote.
2018-5-28
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-28 13:47
Would you mind posting the flightrecord of your today's test? I and others only want to help, it is not my intention to play anything down. If there is a problem, we need to find the precise cause!
And once again, nobody here is trying to prove you doing something wrong. Some clearly have a problem like yours, many others don't. So let's join our efforts to track the root cause down.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8GAU59IF3R3J3Y26POQY/
2018-5-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-28 14:14
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8GAU59IF3R3J3Y26POQY/

Thank you again for posting your flight records, which look better than the initial one. I would suggest you accept the kind offer of DJI Thor in post 13# here above and make your blackbox data available to them for analysis.
2018-5-29
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-29 08:45
Thank you again for posting your flight records, which look better than the initial one. I would suggest you accept the kind offer of DJI Thor in post 13# here above and make your blackbox data available to them for analysis.

Where can I find that data ?  Iphone or drone ?
2018-5-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-29 16:46
Where can I find that data ?  Iphone or drone ?

You can export the blackbox data with DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
Choose the option "Save to local" and then upload it to e.g. Dropbox and make the link available to DJI Thor.
2018-5-29
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-29 21:50
You can export the blackbox data with DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
Choose the option "Save to local" and then upload it to e.g. Dropbox and make the link available to DJI Thor.

Awesome Thank you
2018-5-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

You are very welcome!
2018-5-29
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It is strange that some people are experiencing these issue with the latest DJI Go 4 and others are not. I flew both my Air and Spark (both updated) in fairly strong winds today and both worked faultlessly.
2018-5-29
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

I'm trying to download the data and this is what I get. I try re-install the program 3 times with the same issue

2018-5-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-5-29 23:14
I'm trying to download the data and this is what I get. I try re-install the program 3 times with the same issue

[view_image]

As I had written in my earlier post, use the "Save To Local" function.
2018-5-30
Use props
Ovi 1
Second Officer
United States

The save to local function is grayed out I can’t click on it
2018-5-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now