Best phone for Osmo Mobile 2
12Next >
17548 48 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans03b1734b
New

Egypt

Am looking to upgrade my phone, but osmo support is a crucial part of my upgrade criteria, I was thinking of iphone X , but I head there is a alote of problem with the OIS hardware aspect, with no hope of a near fix, budget is not an issue? So what do everyone think ?
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

For the problem of OIS issues, we would recommend users move slower and walk more stably. Or you can consider the Android devices from the recommended list.
osmo2 app.png
2018-5-19
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

I’m using the iPhone 8+ and couldn’t be happier.
2018-5-19
Use props
windstar3
lvl.3
Germany

Is there a release date when it will be available/compatible with Huawei P20 Pro?
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

windstar3 Posted at 2018-5-20 01:09
Is there a release date when it will be available/compatible with Huawei P20 Pro?

We will keep testing more mobile devices but do not have the estimated date, please pay attention to our website. Thank you.
2018-5-21
Use props
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-19 19:16

Dont you get that "jitter", "shaking" effect in the video? Not in the edges but in the full video?
2018-7-13
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>

SpeedyGonzales Posted at 2018-7-13 13:04
Dont you get that "jitter", "shaking" effect in the video? Not in the edges but in the full video?

I filmed this on my iPhone 8+ with the OM2.  Ive not had the jitter  effect.

2018-7-14
Use props
SpeedyGonzales
lvl.1

Norway

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-7-14 10:45
I filmed this on my iPhone 8+ with the OM2.  Ive not had the jitter  effect.

https://youtu.be/u0AGOD0NBXs

Cool bus

But i guess the reason you dont get that jitter-thing, is because you are moving very little, and very slow. If you had been walking you might have had it..
2018-7-14
Use props
fans695a35cb
lvl.1
Norway

Does the Huawei pro 20 have OIS/stabilizer that could be turned off, that is not mechanical like the iPhone ?
2018-7-14
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>

SpeedyGonzales Posted at 2018-7-14 12:43
Cool bus

But i guess the reason you dont get that jitter-thing, is because you are moving very little, and very slow. If you had been walking you might have had it..

I filmed it at normal walking speed at 60fps. Then when I made the video I made my timeline 24fps for that slow motion effect.

My regular footage did not have any jitters.
2018-7-14
Use props
audiodrive
lvl.2
Canada

great video!
2018-7-15
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

I filmed this on my iPhone 8+ with the OM2.  Ive not had the jitter  effect.

I like the video too. Why not combine with video from your drone? I always have both my MA and OM2 if I gonna shout som videos.  Not a master, like you, yet but I'm learning.

Here my home made YouTube Intro to my new channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCANLCD6Fn21XTwyfdjtSrwQ?view_as=subscriber)made by Davinci Resolve

I have a One Plus (5) and they don't have the best camera.
2018-7-15
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>

audiodrive Posted at 2018-7-15 04:44
great video!

Thanks.   
2018-7-15
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>

stormense8 Posted at 2018-7-15 05:14
I like the video too. Why not combine with video from your drone? I always have both my MA and OM2 if I gonna shout som videos.  Not a master, like you, yet but I'm learning.

Here my home made YouTube Intro to my new channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/ ... ?view_as=subscriber)made by Davinci Resolve

I had my drone on me and I was going to fly it but I was pressed for time and there was a lot of dirt around the bus so if I got low I was afraid I would kick up a ton of dust.
2018-7-15
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>

stormense8 Posted at 2018-7-15 05:14

Here my home made YouTube Intro to my new channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/ ... ?view_as=subscriber)made by Davinci Resolve

Nice video.   
2018-7-15
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-7-15 12:28
Nice video.

Don't buy Osmo Mobile if you have an LG G6 (or many any other Android phones for that matter).

Go App doesn't support 4K on my device, even though it's listed as fully compatible.

DJI seem disinterested in Android.

It doesn't even offer 1080p @ 60fps...

I'm now forced to use the native camera app and can't use other features such as active track.

I can't even use the shutter button to start video recording because the stock camera has both video and photo buttons on the same screen.

Native camera apps need to have separate video/photo modes for the osmo button to work.

As the LG G6 camera app doesn't have this, the shutter button on Osmo only takes still photos.

** Edit: I've discovered on the LG G6 I can go into "Manual Video" mode in the native camera app which then only has one shutter button.  This means the shutter button on the Osmo should work....   Not much consolation as I'm still without all the tracking modes.....

2018-7-15
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>

Oz Moose Posted at 2018-7-15 13:00
Don't buy Osmo Mobile if you have an LG G6 (or many any other Android phones for that matter).

Go App doesn't support 4K on my device, even though it's listed as fully compatible.

You are correct that DJI has not put in the time to get the OM2 working with Android. I was able to trade my LG v30 in for my iPhone 8+ so I lucked out I guess.

It would be nice if DJI made it fully functional on both devices.
2018-7-15
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

Oz Moose Posted at 2018-7-15 13:00

Go App doesn't support 4K on my device, even though it's listed as fully compatible.

Works on One Plus 5 and Nexus 6P. Huge trouble with Nexus 6P is the buttons on phone. The mounting push the volym button. Want a LG G7 (good bright screen) but I think its the same thing there. And if Osmo don't support LG phones...
2018-7-16
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

stormense8 Posted at 2018-7-16 22:58
Works on One Plus 5 and Nexus 6P. Huge trouble with Nexus 6P is the buttons on phone. The mounting push the volym button. Want a LG G7 (good bright screen) but I think its the same thing there. And if Osmo don't support LG phones...

I returned the Osmo Mobile.

I feel it's obvious that DJI aren't really interested in Android customers.

I bought the gimbal to use with my 4k capable phone but the DJI Go app wouldn't go above 1080p/30.

I would have accepted 1080p/60.
2018-7-20
Use props
Gary Paul
lvl.1

SpeedyGonzales Posted at 2018-7-14 12:43
Cool bus

I've been wrestling with the jitter problem for a while now. I too am using the Oslo Mobile (original) with my iPhone 8+ and it is definitely better when filming at 60fps.

I'm relatively new to iPhone filmography and have read/watched a number of articles saying to film at 24fp for a more cinematic look, but the footage is practically useless. 30 fps the jitter effect is reduced a bit, but at 60 fps it is much better.
2018-8-12
Use props
helmy
lvl.1

nice one !!
2018-8-13
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks   
2018-8-15
Use props
DI_gur
New

Algeria

I was happy of the results using my iPhone 8+, I guess it's awonderful choice .
Amost filmed it at  60fps while walking . then slow effect  24fps, without any jitters all the way
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox!!!!

2018-8-15
Use props
EricDimitri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37566 ft
Uruguay

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-19 02:12
For the problem of OIS issues, we would recommend users move slower and walk more stably. Or you can consider the Android devices from the recommended list.

Hi! Is the SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 ACTIVE fully compatible? If not, which are the draw backs? What features do not work?

thanks!
2018-9-28
Use props
Tobtoh
lvl.1
Australia

I'm using the iphone X and I don't recommend it at all if your plan to film and move faster than a very slow walking pace.

Anything faster than a very slow walking pace causes the whole OIS jitter issue and the footage is pretty much unusable. It's not a standard footage goes cleanly out of focus and then back in, it's a weird warped jitter and loss of focus - it's really ugly footage that can't be fixed in post.
2018-10-2
Use props
charbel1011
lvl.3

Tobtoh Posted at 2018-10-2 16:50
I'm using the iphone X and I don't recommend it at all if your plan to film and move faster than a very slow walking pace.

Anything faster than a very slow walking pace causes the whole OIS jitter issue and the footage is pretty much unusable. It's not a standard footage goes cleanly out of focus and then back in, it's a weird warped jitter and loss of focus - it's really ugly footage that can't be fixed in post.

I wonder when they gonna address the issue. I heard that apple and dji are working on something out. i am really interested of buying one but after i heard about all these issues ill forget it for now.
2018-10-3
Use props
fwong
New
Hong Kong

There is no EXIF information after download the photos from the DJI go apps to iphoneX photos. Is it normal?
2018-10-3
Use props
arkkitekktura
New
Canada

I am trying to use my Samsung S8+. it works well in Landscape mode, but in portrait mode, the phone is too long, also you get the gimbal in the frame. I could post this in another thread but I cannot start one. No idea why. So, at this point, until I can figure out the issue, I say S8+ is not recommended if you want to do videos in Portrait mode.
2018-10-3
Use props
Osmonian
New

Philippines

Anyone here using a Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra?
2018-10-3
Use props
jpowell2142
lvl.1

thats a cool little video, wheres the bus at?
2018-10-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

charbel1011 Posted at 2018-10-3 08:18
I wonder when they gonna address the issue. I heard that apple and dji are working on something out. i am really interested of buying one but after i heard about all these issues ill forget it for now.

It's a tough one to resolve.  When stabilization is turned off on the iPhone, there is still movement in the camera lens.  The lenses actually seem to 'float' in their enclosure.  Any movement with the phone and the lens will still move.  Over on MavicPilot.com there are some links to videos showing close-ups of the lens movement.
2018-10-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

This bus will never rust... it's very well protected by multiple layers of high quality colors. ;)
2019-2-4
Use props
fans99df92a0
New

United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-19 19:16

How’d you balance it? I also have the 8+ and I have the arm extended as far out as possible and the phone still sags to the left. Please help. Lol
2019-3-6
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans99df92a0 Posted at 3-6 19:47
How’d you balance it? I also have the 8+ and I have the arm extended as far out as possible and the phone still sags to the left. Please help. Lol

First you can't have the case on it and here is what mine looks like before powering it on. Once powered on it balances itself out.

2019-3-6
Use props
Frank11ert
lvl.2
Netherlands

I see that the Samsung S8 is on the support list, however when I place my S8 in the holder I see the gimball in the right corner when recording. How can I fix this? As a workaround I placed my S8 a bit to the left (this solved the issue), however the phone is now less stable and the gimball have to work harder to keep everything stable. Please advise.
2019-3-7
Use props
Cartoon HD
New

India

A number of phones are good as long as you know how to use it along with Osmo Mobile 2. For instance, I use my Mate 20 Pro as it sticks really well with the holder. All I have to do is to use the included device case and it fits well. As long as you have a phone that fits well with the dimensions of Osmo Mobile 2, you are good to go. Feel free to check out Cartoon HD and Cartoon HD APK. I also use my LG G6+ (old device, I know) as it has a great 120 degree wide-angled camera. Feel free to write to me!
Regards,
CartoonHD.
2019-4-17
Use props
jadumuysmart
New

India

Good

hello hi hi
2019-4-22
Use props
jadumuysmart
New

India

good to check
2019-4-22
Use props
Moein Danesh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28094 ft

Thailand

I tested S9+ , totally unusable.  I move to Google Pixel same issues, I tested on s8, many functions not working the gimble never turn. I tested s10+ which is not listed randomly move another direction l.ock the phone and can't control it. there is no option to check and change fps or some other option for the quality ( for photo and video ). When connect to mic make stupid noise. Support keep saying because of the phones. seems like they made this for iPhone only, there is no developing progress and improvement. just trash talk from support.
2019-5-15
Use props
ZymphonyX
lvl.2
Malaysia

Moein Danesh Posted at 5-15 21:13
I tested S9+ , totally unusable.  I move to Google Pixel same issues, I tested on s8, many functions not working the gimble never turn. I tested s10+ which is not listed randomly move another direction l.ock the phone and can't control it. there is no option to check and change fps or some other option for the quality ( for photo and video ). When connect to mic make stupid noise. Support keep saying because of the phones. seems like they made this for iPhone only, there is no developing progress and improvement. just trash talk from support.

True that. Tried on P30 lots of camera features unavailable due to lack of Camera2 API. Then i have a spare Oneplus 5T which is in their "list of supported devices" it doesn't works well too with missing features and support isn't replying

It's only made for iPhones it seems
2019-5-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules