Home point
339 6 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerball
lvl.1

Australia

At a location where no gps..or phone reception..on phone....home point recorded but unable 2 c map on app...should b ok ??? Any advice cheers...
2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

having no phone reception won't be a problem.  i use a device that has no service on it to fly.  and others who use a phone with service tend put it into airplane mode.
However, the craft should get GPS signal.

Did it give you the Ready to Go (GPS) notification in the app?
2018-5-18
Use props
jerball
lvl.1

Australia

Yes....also said home point recorded...but no map of home point...
2018-5-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

The maps are a different issue that hopefully soon will be solved. As long as you have sufficient satellites (min. 11, better more), your home point will be correctly recorded.
2018-5-19
Use props
jerball
lvl.1

Australia

Gr8...tks mt8...
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Actually, it is not recommended to fly the drone when there is no GPS, I recommend you to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference to fly the drone. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-5-19
Use props
Neliusspies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

I am flying in an area where there is no cellphone/wifi reception and "touch wood" till now did not experience any problems with flights, just making sure that I have sufficient satellite coverage during the flight. I did however start to cache the maps and that seems to help.
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules