Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO MOBILE 2 NO 4K ANDROID
9111 32 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bertie Beema
lvl.1
Australia

Hi guys, i'm probably repeating a previous thread. Recently bought an OM2, using a Huawei P10. Just discovered the app does not record in 4k when in motion time laps nor other special tricks. Highly frustrating, DJI does not  mention limitations on the box or adverts. I tried returning to the store, only to receive a big fat NO. Does DJI plan on sorting this out in the NEAR future?

Cheers
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bertie, please tell me the version of your app and provide me the firmware of osmo 2. Please enter the camera setting and provide a screenshot of resolution. And I will help you forward this situation for further check.  
2018-5-19
Use props
Bertie Beema
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-19 02:05
Bertie, please tell me the version of your app and provide me the firmware of osmo 2. Please enter the camera setting and provide a screenshot of resolution. And I will help you forward this situation for further check.

Hi Elektra, here the images.
2018-5-19
Use props
Bertie Beema
lvl.1
Australia

2018-5-19
Use props
Bertie Beema
lvl.1
Australia

2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Just to verify, you can shoot 4k video, right? Please note that time laps can only be 720p 30ftps.
2018-5-21
Use props
Bertie Beema
lvl.1
Australia

Yes definitely 4k capable. Oh is that right? Does that include motion time lapse etc?
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bertie Beema Posted at 2018-5-21 00:20
Yes definitely 4k capable. Oh is that right? Does that include motion time lapse etc?

The resolution of Timelapse in Android device is 720P by default, if you would like higher resolution, iOS mobile device would be the choice.
2018-5-21
Use props
Bertie Beema
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you :-)
2018-5-21
Use props
ecf08!
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-21 00:18
Just to verify, you can shoot 4k video, right? Please note that time laps can only be 720p 30ftps.

I dont have 4K recording option only up to 1080P. I am using LG V20. Can somebody help me?
2018-7-12
Use props
Robert_123
lvl.1
Austria

I have the sam problem! I'm soo disappointed about the fact that I can't do motion laps more than 720p. Today I got my new Osmo Mobile 2, last week my new Huawei P10 Plus, and after trying and trying to get a motion lap done in 1080p I read this post ..... - VERY VERY disappointing to have a modern mobile device which also shoots in RAW 4K and then you have a gimbal which only can do 720p videos ....

I can't find such information within your website and within your documents ... - Is there a way to send it back and get the money back - it's not useable for me to get a video with 720p ... sorry!!
2018-9-15
Use props
asimo20
lvl.1
Turkey

Do android devices has still only 720p with timelapse or hyperlapses?
I have s9 plus and planing to buy a gimbal ,but this timelapse and hyperlapse resolutions on android devices is just keep me buying a dji osmo 2
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

asimo20 Posted at 11-14 03:56
Do android devices has still only 720p with timelapse or hyperlapses?
I have s9 plus and planing to buy a gimbal ,but this timelapse and hyperlapse resolutions on android devices is just keep me buying a dji osmo 2

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will confirm your query to our engineers to provide further information. Please hit "Reply" on my comments for me to be notified in regards to this thread. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-14
Use props
asimo20
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 16:24
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will confirm your query to our engineers to provide further information. Please hit "Reply" on my comments for me to be notified in regards to this thread. Thank you for the support.

ok ,im waiting .By the way I have a samsung s9plus phone
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

asimo20 Posted at 11-15 04:03
ok ,im waiting .By the way I have a samsung s9plus phone

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was able to check your query by our team and found out that the resolution in regards to this would still depend on your mobile device. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-15
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 13:04
Hi, thanks for your reply. I was able to check your query by our team and found out that the resolution in regards to this would still depend on your mobile device. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony, Does Pixel 3 XL get support fully as iOs devices? Slowmotion, 4K 60fps, 1080P 120 fps...
2018-11-16
Use props
asimo20
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 13:04
Hi, thanks for your reply. I was able to check your query by our team and found out that the resolution in regards to this would still depend on your mobile device. Thank you for the support.

My device is capable of 4k 60P and  it's  exynos  chipset.So it is capable of 4k.But I'm curios about dji go app's limitations in android os.Thats why I asked in here . In which resolutions  timelapse or hyperlapses will be  in my device .
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Optimus_Prime Posted at 11-16 00:31
Hi Tony, Does Pixel 3 XL get support fully as iOs devices? Slowmotion, 4K 60fps, 1080P 120 fps...

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We're sorry to inform you that the Pixel 3 XL is not yet compatible. Our application may still work on different devices, however, we cannot guarantee the performance of the app if it will work all the time. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-18
Use props
Gons
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-18 10:07
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We're sorry to inform you that the Pixel 3 XL is not yet compatible. Our application may still work on different devices, however, we cannot guarantee the performance of the app if it will work all the time. Thank you for understanding.

Is it planned any upgrade on Android to allow to record at 4K? Thanks
2018-11-18
Use props
Sven3d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25968 ft
Germany

This is really sad, I like the Osmo Mobile 2, but the software on android is really well .... embarrassing?

I do not understand this somehow, the Osmo Mobile 2 is now available for some time, but the app under Android is cruel, I have no Iphone and will certainly not buy one, actually I thought the DJI gets it out, but i still can not record 4K (neither with the LG G6  or Huawei View 10 nor with my new LG g7 Thinkq).

Cinematic Zooming? ... that's a mess .....
(Ok that's always so with Smartphones, but ....)

Will that change? What about new features, motion timeplase and such are great, but where can I enter such a pathing for a normal recording?

So, for example, put the gimbal somewhere on a tripod on a meadow and enter a path like in the Motion Timelapse, but just with a normal recording. 4k / 60FPS - why is not there?

Many Thanks
2018-11-18
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

May be some manufacturers limited to access camera api but as Filmic Pro's confirmation, at least the Pixel 2/2XL are fully accessible so they can use all powers of its camera. I hope at least DJI may also implement full camera api to their app too?
2018-11-19
Use props
Stefan Kozovski
New

End of January 2019. DJI Osmo 2 still not supporting 4k on LG v30 (phone made for video content), I suppose the same goes with v40, g6, g7, ect. Pretty funny. I saw a comment of a dude - "I switched to iPhone 8+ to get more resolution" hahaha. I rather switch dji   giant corporation, not being able to support top flagships ... embarrassing. Is there any official statement, like - we don't care about android users, switch to another brand :d
2019-1-28
Use props
Touhid Rahman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096 ft
Bangladesh

@DJI Please update the Android app for OM2 and enable Higher resolution for Timelapse, Motion Timelapse.  Thank You
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_nzBa1lTkwGRx
New
United Kingdom

@ DJI As above. Just got an Xperia Z3 and an OM2 and don't even have the option in the app to change the resolution.
2019-2-15
Use props
Random Username
New
Netherlands

Both my Galaxy S7 and Note 9 aren't able to change the resolution in the settings, just 720P, I hope this will be fixed soon.
2019-2-18
Use props
Random Username
New
Netherlands

Both my Galaxy S7 and Note 9 aren't able to change the resolution in the settings, just 720P, I hope this will be fixed soon.
2019-2-18
Use props
E_Holiday

Canada

The Android app needs an update for different frame rates as the iOS app has. Other 3rd party Android camera apps already have selectable frame rates.
2019-2-21
Use props
djiuser_ghP5PRxVXhFy
New

Colombia

Sven3d Posted at 2018-11-18 15:13
This is really sad, I like the Osmo Mobile 2, but the software on android is really well .... embarrassing?

I do not understand this somehow, the Osmo Mobile 2 is now available for some time, but the app under Android is cruel, I have no Iphone and will certainly not buy one, actually I thought the DJI gets it out, but i still can not record 4K (neither with the LG G6  or Huawei View 10 nor with my new LG g7 Thinkq).

hola. compre el. osmo mobil 2 para mejorar mis videos grabados con el celular lg g7 pero la sorpresa es q el osmo no deja grabar en 4k aun cuando es una resolucion nativa del celular. como hago para activar esta resolucion en el osmo. con mi celular lg g7? gracias
2019-5-11
Use props
djiuser_ghP5PRxVXhFy
New

Colombia

Sven3d Posted at 2018-11-18 15:13

hola.amigo tengo igual que tu el osmo mobile 2 y el celular lg g7 y no puedo grabar en 4k con el osmo... alguna ayuda que. me. pueda dar.. Muchas gracias
2019-5-11
Use props
djiuser_ghP5PRxVXhFy
New

Colombia

Stefan Kozovski Posted at 1-28 07:19
End of January 2019. DJI Osmo 2 still not supporting 4k on LG v30 (phone made for video content), I suppose the same goes with v40, g6, g7, ect. Pretty funny.  I saw a comment of a dude - "I switched to iPhone 8+ to get more resolution" hahaha. I rather switch dji   giant corporation, not being able to support top flagships ... embarrassing. Is there any official statement, like - we don't care about android users, switch to another brand :d

hola. amigo.. muy trizte tengo el lg g7 y el. osmo mobil 2 no me deja grabar en 4k..alguna solución ?. gracias
2019-5-11
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I solved my issues and bought an eBay iPhone 6S.  Did not activate it, but just use it as my video device.  All works fine.  It is also a backup to use for my two drones, so worth the money to try.
2019-5-12
Use props
djiuser_ap0ylHh2UTuj
New

Peru

Hi, I just got an OM2.
I have a LG G6 with 4k recording option, but its app only allows me to record in 1080p.
Can someone solve my problem?
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_ljjB38zAc1NM
New
United States

Using the LGV40 and I cant record in 4k with the Osmo Mobile 2, am I missing an update?
2019-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules