Firmware will not upgrade
1594 18 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuestB2
lvl.1

Australia

I have not flown my P4 for awhile so I checked the firmware and it need upgrading.
I downloaded the latest Assistant 1.2.4, and statred the process.
The download reaches 100% then fails.
Have rebooted the computer, drone and software a number of times only to get the same result. I have tried different cables also.

The P4 is in perfect condition, I had a P1 for a few years before I bought the P4 so I could fly alright.
I can fly without the upgrade but I think I would prefer to get this sorted.

2018-5-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

When it reaches 100% then wait for a minute or two, there may just be a delay in Assistant confirming completion.

With all connected and powered up you can also check 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4, that should list all builds. And update for aircraft could be initiated there if required provided the display device has a good wifi internet connection for downloading files.

With latest update you also need to make sure RC is at V1.9.3 as well, otherwise there will be poor communication between RC and aircraft.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, what's the current aircraft and controller firmware version? Please launch DJI GO 4, enter General Settings, click About to read the version number.
2018-5-19
Use props
QuestB2
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-19 02:57
Hey there, what's the current aircraft and controller firmware version? Please launch DJI GO 4, enter General Settings, click About to read the version number.

HI Susan,
App 4.2.14
Remote controller 1.6.0
PFSD App  01.00.1.09
BFSD         01.00.01.07
Aircraft V01.02.0602
Thanks Richard
2018-5-19
Use props
QuestB2
lvl.1

Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-19 01:51
When it reaches 100% then wait for a minute or two, there may just be a delay in Assistant confirming completion.

With all connected and powered up you can also check 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4, that should list all builds. And update for aircraft could be initiated there if required provided the display device has a good wifi internet connection for downloading files.

Thanks for your input Captain, within a few seconds of the firmware update reaching 100% a message appears showing the process has failed and asks if I want to down load a log file.
2018-5-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Is your remote powered off? - from your initial post at #1 it sound like it fails in the end of the download and newer start the upgrade part?
Try after power off the controller, removed SD in aircraft and after a reset to factory settings in Assistant2.

If still failing, download the log and post it to Susan or other Admin.

2018-5-20
Use props
QuestB2
lvl.1

Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-20 02:52
Is your remote powered off? - from your initial post at #1 it sound like it fails in the end of the download and newer start the upgrade part?
Try after power off the controller, removed SD in aircraft and after a reset to factory settings in Assistant2.

The controller was not powered on whilst using assistant other than when I tried to check through Go4, trying through Go4 caused go 4 to hang whilst checking aircraft for firmware update.
I am using windows ten, but I assume so are many others.
I tried removing sd card but unsuccessful.
Will try restoring factory settings but I have been reluctant as I can still use the drone, so I am concerned factory settings may upset upgraded controller interaction.
2018-5-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

QuestB2 Posted at 2018-5-20 03:47
The controller was not powered on whilst using assistant other than when I tried to check through Go4, trying through Go4 caused go 4 to hang whilst checking aircraft for firmware update.
I am using windows ten, but I assume so are many others.
I tried removing sd card but unsuccessful.

Yes the reset to factory will reset all custom settings on the aircraft including the camera settings but even if it still fails to upgrade i believe you would still be able to correct your settings again if you have that possibility now.
Can you confirm that the download complete and that it is during the transfer or upgrade it fails?
2018-5-20
Use props
QuestB2
lvl.1

Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-20 03:53
Yes the reset to factory will reset all custom settings on the aircraft including the camera settings but even if it still fails to upgrade i believe you would still be able to correct your settings again if you have that possibility now.
Can you confirm that the download complete and that it is during the transfer or upgrade it fails?

It is during the upgrade it fails after the download.
2018-5-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

QuestB2 Posted at 2018-5-20 04:20
It is during the upgrade it fails after the download.

Strange but i am not surprised at all.
another thing to try could be a previous version of Assistant2 like ex v.1.2.3, the older versions might be found at phantomhelp.com if you don't have them already.

Best luck.
2018-5-20
Use props
QuestB2
lvl.1

Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-20 04:32
another thing to try could be a previous version of Assistant2 like ex v.1.2.3, the older versions might be found at phantomhelp.com if you don't have them already.

I started with a previous version and did not get the option to upgrade. Once assistant was upgraded it all looked good until the firmware up grade fail.
I just tried to send the log file to DJI via assistant but the software will not accept my mobile number so I can not send that either. Ah the joys of modern technology.
2018-5-20
Use props
phantomtambo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103593 ft
Spain

The same thing happens to me, I've tried different devices and nothing does not update me
2018-5-20
Use props
phantomtambo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103593 ft
Spain

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-20 04:32

I already got it, I installed an update of assitent previous 1.2.3 and I have updated it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HEL
2018-5-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

QuestB2 Posted at 2018-5-20 04:47
I started with a previous version and did not get the option to upgrade. Once assistant was upgraded it all looked good until the firmware up grade fail.
I just tried to send the log file to DJI via assistant but the software will not accept my mobile number so I can not send that either. Ah the joys of modern technology.

"but the software will not accept my mobile number so I can not send that either"
Been there tried that too ... in an attempt to upload some flight logs +45, 0045 with and without spaces nothing was working i even tried several of DJI's own numbers listed on the support pages and it just keep complaining that there was an error in the phone number.
Never figured that out and ended exporting to local drive hoping they can retrieve it if needed at a later point, just love their engineering skills ...
2018-5-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

phantomtambo Posted at 2018-5-20 10:46
I already got it, I installed an update of assitent previous 1.2.3 and I have updated it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HEL

Glad to hear that it worked for you, hopefully also QuestB2 find a way trough at last.
What version worked for you? it might could be the light for OP too.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuestB2 Posted at 2018-5-19 17:56
HI Susan,
App 4.2.14
Remote controller 1.6.0

Richard, sorry for the late response. Please kindly export the upgrade log for analysis, we'd like to look into the exact status, thanks so much!

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

phantomtambo Posted at 2018-5-20 10:46

Nice to see your issue has been figured out. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-5-24
Use props
QuestB2
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Guys, I took your suggestion KedDk and downgraded to 1.2.3. and it worked fine. Susan I just tried to upload the log file but the program hung. Thanks for all your help.
2018-6-7
Use props
rahaman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10154 ft
India

Hiii SUSAN ....
i am facing some major issue with my both Pantom 4 and Pro. recently i have installed the latest firmware as it was asking for the installation but now i am not able to connect with any Third party application like litchi , ultimate.  It is continuously showing "Disconnected "  and not acquiring Satellite and not showing Current Location of the Drone.
And now i am not able to Downgrade the Current Firmware even with Assistant 2.

Please help...  
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules