Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
image transmission signal weak P3P
11661 9 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duncan UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello.

I've had a P3P for a couple of years. I didn't fly it for more than 5 minutes for the first year, beacuse I was afraid I might damage it. In it's second year of ownership I'm taking it out more and more and really enjoying playing. Just recently I have started suffering with a weak signal and can't connect to my drone in a remote are. I'm using my samsung galaxy s8+. At home the controller connects but more slowely than is used to and I'm getting a 'image transmission signal weak' error message all the time. I've tried using my s2 tablet and I get identical issues.

I would be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction and tell me where I can send it for repair if it's thought that is necessary?

Many thanks in advance,

Duncan
2018-5-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I will guess you haven't done any mods?

...and you haven't done any FW updates since the last time it was working perfectly...?  
2018-5-19
Use props
Duncan UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-5-19 07:05
I will guess you haven't done any mods?

...and you haven't done any FW updates since the last time it was working perfectly...?

no mods or updates
2018-5-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Only thing I can come up with is oxidation on your RF connections which can dilute your connection and hurt your distance - and I'm speaking from experience.  So that would either be the antenna connections in the controller or the antenna connections on the AC.  Or both.  I would research how to get in there and clean them up.  I would do the controller first and then test it.  

Here's what I use - I love this stuff:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/DeoxIT- ... stClass!20833!US!-1

I hope it solves your problem.

Good luck
2018-5-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Are you flying in an urban area with lots of interference?  Also change your antenna positions.
2018-5-19
Use props
Alan Z.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

I just ran into this same problem this past Wednesday. I have been using my P3P since 2016 without an issue. I flew a job last month and it flew great. No issues. Wednesday I go to take a job photo and I take it from the case and set it up. Have solid signals from RC, HD and had 17 sat locks but a getting poor transmission error and high interference warnings and I have no video image from camera on iPad air2 that I have been using since I got my phantom.  I hadn’t upgraded my firmware or app for over a year, since I have read all the horror stories from some of th newer updates. My thought was if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Well after no luck trying to get image back, I decided to update the bird, but still no image. I can fly , and control camera and gimbal but no photos or video. When I take photos it shows a black image. I have never crashed it either.  I tried changing the usb, to lightning bolt cable from controller to iPad and that didn’t work either. . I don’t think it is oxidation, since it never had issues before . I also checked to make sure cables were all secure in their sockets. Any ideas what could be causing this? I would like to get it back u ad running. In the mean time I purchased another drone P4P+ so I can continue to work,
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please follow the tutorial videos below to refresh the firmware for the drone and the remote controller, please make sure all the firmware are the latest one, then try to connect the drone with the remote controller and try the flight again. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

2018-5-21
Use props
Alan Z.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

Thanks for your reply. I think it maybe a bad camera ribbon cable.
2018-5-22
Use props
photojunky
lvl.4
United States

I ran into an issue a couple of weeks ago where I was losing signal and had trouble connecting. I did the latest updates to the controller, battery and Phantom 3A and that seemed to do the trick. Good luck.
2018-5-22
Use props
djiuser_BmwarrDz5BGg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16004 ft

United States

How come I'm having a red image transmission, but the image looks ok? It's phantom 3. I just bought it used a few days ago. I'm still figuring everything out. I'm pretty sure the 1st time I tried it out. It didn't have that message. Should I restart my phone, or is it something simple? Thanks
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules