Footage trembles badly
1007 19 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Landman03
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft

Hi, I have had a Mavic Pro for a few weeks, flown it 8 times maybe, buy there is a bad tremble in flight footage:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... te/view?usp=sharing

I have checked the GImbal is seated, recalibrated it three times, it's not windy and I have the latest Firmware.

Does anyone else have an issue with it? I have not dropped or crashed the drone, this problem was noticable on the first flight but seems to have got much worse, it even does it on the ground..
Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

2018-5-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Looks like some sort of interfernce, is this from the sd card
2018-5-19
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

Yes, from the sd card. You can see it on the monitor when filming as well. it happens wherever I have flown it though, no pylons nearby.
2018-5-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Landman03 Posted at 2018-5-19 08:53
Yes, from the sd card. You can see it on the monitor when filming as well. it happens wherever I have flown it though, no pylons nearby.

Not sure if that consitutes Jello but looks similar. Are you on the 0300 firmware alot of issues with that, safest firmware for the Pro is 0100 for now
2018-5-19
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

Thank you, I guess that could be worth a try. Sorry to be a pain but how would I roll it back to 0100?
2018-5-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Landman03 Posted at 2018-5-19 09:00
Thank you, I guess that could be worth a try. Sorry to be a pain but how would I roll it back to 0100?

download Dji Assistant 2 and plug your Pro into the pc, it will pick up your drone and then go to the firmware page, it will show you 3 different type of firmware, your current and 2 below showing downgrade, choose 0100 and start, after that let it cool down once completed and then do an imu calibration, then a gimble calibration, go to an open field and a compass recal, try it after that.

Might not really help but wort a try.
2018-5-19
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

I'll try that thank you
2018-5-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Landman03 Posted at 2018-5-19 09:08
I'll try that thank you

Let us know how it goes
2018-5-19
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

Will do, updating now..
2018-5-19
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I would try swapping out your props as well.  It may not help but worth a shot.
2018-5-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is essentially normal on the mavic pro - they all have this jittery video problem in flight to some degree, though yours is particularly bad. Usually it;s just a blip here and there that gets worse in high winds or pushing it in sport mode. I think it's just the bad gimbal design coupled with vibration that causes it. I've been through 4 mavic pros and they all had this problem (took me that many units back and forth to bestbuy to figure out this is normal).

I have found balancing and tracking the props helps a good bit. The stock props are kind of mediocre and often track poorly out of the box. You can kind of raise a low blade/lower a high blade with careful use of a heat gun on the blade root.

Ive done that on my current mavic pro and it improved the situation somewhat; it's still unusable for high quality footage, but it's perfect for a fun flying FPV machine where the occasional jolt doesn't matter...
Fingers crossed that this goes away in whatever the next rev of the mavic pro is.....
2018-5-19
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

Thank you.
2018-5-19
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

Sadly the rollback of firmware made little difference, I swapped the blades and it seems much better so maybe one was out of kilter..
2018-5-20
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

vibration issues with rolling shutter...
After watching this video  
I did the following, I took a ND filter I dont need, broke the glass part (only took the ring) and put it on the gimbal.
When the ring is installed, I don't have those vibrations anymore...
This really looks like a question of vibrations damping and "balance"
2018-5-20
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

Brilliant thank you.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, so sorry to reply you late. May I confirm that have you solved the issue or not? If there is any further problem, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-5-20
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1

I have solved it I think, much, much improved footage now. I changed the props, rolled back the firmware (which didn't make any difference,) went back to latest firmare and calibrated the camera, compass, gimble etc and all seems good now.
2018-5-21
Use props
amaviccalledmau
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165709 ft

Thank you for your video Matioupi. I had the jello video and after putting the DJI clip on ND filter, the video was silky smooth.
2018-5-25
Use props
Landman03
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-20 23:49
Hi, so sorry to reply you late. May I confirm that have you solved the issue or not? If there is any further problem, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

So it was improved for one or two flights and now has become MUCH worse. I have spoken to the supplier as the Mavic is unusable, even the still shots come out bendy meaning I cannot use it for surveying. Can you fix it please? I bought it in April
2018-6-25
Use props
Appalachian Aerials
lvl.3
United States

luciens Posted at 2018-5-19 10:10
This is essentially normal on the mavic pro - they all have this jittery video problem in flight to some degree, though yours is particularly bad. Usually it;s just a blip here and there that gets worse in high winds or pushing it in sport mode. I think it's just the bad gimbal design coupled with vibration that causes it. I've been through 4 mavic pros and they all had this problem (took me that many units back and forth to bestbuy to figure out this is normal).

I have found balancing and tracking the props helps a good bit. The stock props are kind of mediocre and often track poorly out of the box. You can kind of raise a low blade/lower a high blade with careful use of a heat gun on the blade root.

Is some small level of a drunken horizon and drift also normal? I'm on my second drone and I still get a little tilt when turning fast.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules