Can not set RTH point to controller anymore in 4.2.16 (IOS)
12Next >
7862 56 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank70
lvl.3
Flight distance : 215899 ft
Netherlands

Just updated to 4.2.16 and when flying today and walking along I wanted to set the homepoint to the controller location.

This worked fine before in 4.2.14, but now it gives a warning message 'Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. It's location cannot be acquired.'
I've given all access to hardware and device info to the app.
Also the map is showing the excact location and orientation of myself (and the aircraft). I was in an open field.

At home I replicated the problem to get a snapshot and the excact wording of the message. See picture below.
IMG_3306.jpg

Anyone else having this problem as well, or has a way to resolve?

2018-5-19
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

Just had a flight with it, combination spark otg cable ipad mini 4, no problems.
2018-5-19
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-19 09:49
Just had a flight with it, combination spark otg cable ipad mini 4, no problems.

Sorry: iPad mini 4 with GPS.
Is your GPS on the ios-device working fine on that location ?
2018-5-19
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hey,

I have just tried it in the garden for you and indeed if I use RTH option for the remote device, it hangs after the second time and could not get it back. But I had also a "low battery warning".
I got the same message like you.

After changing the battery, it sometimes stuck on this remote device RTH option.
The Aircraft RTH option, however, did continued to work.

There is indeed something strange with the remote device RTH option going on.
Perhaps it is better to use the AC RTH option for the time being.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Frank, may I know which iOS device are you using? Since it requires the mobile device GPS for setting the Homepoint, please check if the location service has enabled for the DJI GO 4 app. If it is possible, you can also try to reinstall the latest app, note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

2018-5-19
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-19 10:23
Hallo,

IIk heb het nog even in de tuin voor je geprobeerd en inderdaad als ik update optie voor de remote kies, loopt het na de tweede keer vast en kon niet meer terug, ik had toen wel een “low battery Waring”.

Hi Subuser,
Thanks for your suggestion. I’m not sure how to set the RTH position differently than in the settings in the DJI go app.
2018-5-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you upgraded to 4,2,16 did you set any of the options in the privacy statement when DJI Go 4 was first run ?

2018-5-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

In your screenshot, you’ve cut off the part at the bottom showing the map.  Can you see the blue dot showing your location on the map?

Also, go into your iOS settings, find the DJI Go 4 app and check it’s settings to be sure you’ve allowed location services for it. This is what mine looks like:
2018-5-19
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Netherlands

Frank70 Posted at 2018-5-19 22:02
Hi Subuser,
Thanks for your suggestion. I’m not sure how to set the RTH position differently than in the settings in the DJI go app.

I got the same settings like KlooGee.

There are two RTH buttons : one with an arrow (AC RTH) and one with a person (RC RTH).

The default is the AC RTH, if you do nothing, you should get a message that the RTH is updated when starting the flight.
If not, do manually the update (AC RTH).

2018-5-20
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hi to all that responded.

@DJI Thor: I'm using an iphone 7. Latest IOS version. Two days before it worked fine, after the update not anymore. I checked that access to the location is given to the DJI go app when active. I didn't try to delete the app and reinstall yet. Will do so tomorrow and give you an update. (didn't have time today).

@Aardvark: I did give all rights to the application when first starting it. After that I still did get a message that I should give rights to access the hardware when I pressed the flight log synchronize button after flying. Even after granting the rights again it still didn't work.

@Kloogee: I have the same setting there (give access to the location when active). The location of the RC/phone is given clearly and correctly on the map, as well as the orientation. The map rotates when I change orientation as well as updates the RC/phone location when walking.

@Subuser: I understand now what you mean and the abbreviations you were using. The problem is when I use RC RTH.
2018-5-20
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-19 19:22
Frank, may I know which iOS device are you using? Since it requires the mobile device GPS for setting the Homepoint, please check if the location service has enabled for the DJI GO 4 app. If it is possible, you can also try to reinstall the latest app, note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

Dear DJI Thor,

As indicated in a previous post, access to the location service is enabled.

I've tried the following:
- Rebooting the phone -> no go
- Deleting the app and reinstalling -> no go
- Setting the access to the location as 'always', but also that didn't work.
- Trying a different IOS device (Ipad Pro 10.5) with 4.2.16 -> same problem
- Going into CE mode -> no go
- Using an old android phone with 4.2.14 -> works. Can set RTH location to RC.
- Wanted to try to update the android to 4.2.16, but it didn't show as an update was available.

So it seems to me 4.2.16 broke the RTH location to the remote, as it worked before.

Strangly others don't seem to have this problem on their IOS device with 4.2.16, but both my IOS devices give this problem.

Any other ideas how to resolve? I'm at a loss.

Regards,
Frank
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Frank70 Posted at 2018-5-21 07:46
Dear DJI Thor,

I will forward your case to the engineers to check. Thank you for bringing us the attention.
2018-5-22
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

It may sound crazy but another day it happened to me.

It was all right, EXCEPT, that I had forgotten my iphone 7 in airplane mode.

2018-5-22
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

TZero Posted at 2018-5-22 22:22
It may sound crazy but another day it happened to me.

It was all right, EXCEPT, that I had forgotten my iphone 7 in airplane mode.

Hi TZero,

Thanks for the idea, but that was not the issue in my case.
I’m 100% sure because I tried several thing like switching on/off wifi and airplane mode to see if the problem would go away.
2018-5-23
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-22 21:24
I will forward your case to the engineers to check. Thank you for bringing us the attention.

@DJI Thor

I've been digging further into this problem further, with using different apps that report the horizontal and vertical accuracy of the iPhone coordinates.

The horizontal accuracy is minimal 6m, typical 8m, but when I switch on the DJI app and the RC it goes to 12-16m. Vertical accuracy if about 3m.

I've been successful in setting the RTH location to the RC/phone once in several days with multiple attempts.

In another attempt I've used an iphone SE. This shows an accuracy of 5m horizontal and 3m vertical. Also this doesn't seem to be sufficient since the DJI Go app since it still gives the message 'Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. It's location cannot be acquired.'

Further questions:
- How much accuracy (in m) does the DJI go app need to not display the GPS location weak from the phone?
- Any update on the check with the engineers?
2018-6-2
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I felt you. When i used mp and p4p flew area of houses (WIFI JAM). It was fine and no problem i used app 4.2.12 or older. I had not used it for 2 to 3 month so i decided to use both drones for play fun but almost lost drone when pop up no gps.  Luckily i walked over there and made it reconnect. i stood correct place and satellite 19. I dont know why app 4.2.16 become so weak if area of houses (wifi) unlike last time fine.

p4p version 01.04.0602
mp version 01.04.0000
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Frank70 Posted at 2018-6-2 10:55
@DJI Thor

I've been digging further into this problem further, with using different apps that report the horizontal and vertical accuracy of the iPhone coordinates.

Sorry for the delay, thank you so much for your continuing feedback. I haven't heard back from the engineers. However, since you mentioned that you are able to set the Homepoint these days, it needed to be confirmed if it is the app's issue, as for your questions, I will also add on the confirmation list. Thank you for your patience.
2018-6-4
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-4 04:14
Sorry for the delay, thank you so much for your continuing feedback. I haven't heard back from the engineers. However, since you mentioned that you are able to set the Homepoint these days, it needed to be confirmed if it is the app's issue, as for your questions, I will also add on the confirmation list. Thank you for your patience.

@DJI Thor

I'm sorry my post may have confused you. I've been able to set the RTH position to the RC only a very limited amount of times. 1 out of 100 tries may succeed.
Especially when switch between applications (when I check the phone GPS accuracy with another app), I sometimes am able to set the RTH postion to the RC. This seems to coincide with not showing a green overlay on the map in my location.
Let me show what I mean with some screenshots:
1) 'Normal' greenish tint over my map. When this is shown I've not been able to set the RTH to the RC (weak GPS signal message).
IMG_3342.PNG

2) Greenish tint gone. This happens very sporadically when I switch to the DJI 4 app. In this mode I've been able to the RTH position to the RC succesfully when clicking the button, and the RTH location is set correctly. A subsequent click of the button does give the error message again (weak GPS signal).
IMG_3344.PNG

3) Sometimes clicking the RTH button doesn't do anything, but keeps appearing as being continuously pressed (which it is not). In this mode I've been able to set the RTH postion to the RC once. It somehow recovered from this mode and got the RTH dialog confirmation.
IMG_3341.PNG

4) What I don't understand is why there is such a large warning zone of some sort in the Netherlands. I'm not able to hide this zone. (via 'sun' icon set all to disable). This green zone doesn't correspond to any NFZ I know.

IMG_3347.PNG

5) And sometimes when switching the application I get only one zone (point 4 above), or multiple zones. These other zones DO correspond to NFZ's around airports or helicopter ports.
IMG_3348.PNG

Remember I don't change anything in terms of options between all screenshots above. I just move the DJI app to the background, and bring it forward again.
My GPS accuracy of the phone was reported 6m.

This both happens on an iphone 7 as well as on an iphone SE.

Seems the irratic behaviour of showing the NFZ's is related to the RTH issue, and to my location. Anyway the DJI 4 Go is behaving erratically when switching between apps.

Hope this helps the engineers to find the rootcause and fix this issue.

Regards,
Frank

2018-6-4
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

I also suffer from it. Half of the Netherlands is covered with 3 layers of green at my location.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Frank70 Posted at 2018-6-4 10:37
@DJI Thor

I'm sorry my post may have confused you. I've been able to set the RTH position to the RC only a very limited amount of times. 1 out of 100 tries may succeed.

Frank, thank you very much for your detailed info. And at the same time, I received the feedback from the engineers, they confirmed that is an issue, they will fix it in the next app update.
As for the warning zone you mentioned on point 4, you have set the warning zone as "Ignore" but it still displays there, and it is confirmed that was a Warning Zone instead of Enhanced Warning Zone, right? Is it convenient to provide me with the settings about the Warning Space Setting? I would like to forward it to the engineers.
As for point 5, please allow me to ensure that I didn't understand it falsely. Did it mean that you got one warning zone first, then if switched the app, sometimes it will show multiple zones on the app but sometime it stays one warning zone, is that right?
2018-6-5
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-5 19:07
Frank, thank you very much for your detailed info. And at the same time, I received the feedback from the engineers, they confirmed that is an issue, they will fix it in the next app update.
As for the warning zone you mentioned on point 4, you have set the warning zone as "Ignore" but it still displays there, and it is confirmed that was a Warning Zone instead of Enhanced Warning Zone, right? Is it convenient to provide me with the settings about the Warning Space Setting? I would like to forward it to the engineers.
As for point 5, please allow me to ensure that I didn't understand it falsely. Did it mean that you got one warning zone first, then if switched the app, sometimes it will show multiple zones on the app but sometime it stays one warning zone, is that right?

@DJI Thor

Frank, thank you very much for your detailed info. And at the same time,  I received the feedback from the engineers, they confirmed that is an  issue, they will fix it in the next app update.
Thanks for that. Good to hear. Looking forward to it.

As for the warning zone you mentioned on point 4, you have set the  warning zone as "Ignore" but it still displays there, and it is  confirmed that was a Warning Zone instead of Enhanced Warning Zone,  right? Is it convenient to provide me with the settings about the  Warning Space Setting? I would like to forward it to the engineers.

It seems to be an Enhanced Warning zone, as per Geo overview website from DJI.

There are no means in the DJI Go app to make it not visible, so it is very difficult to be able to see the map below this green tint (especially in sunlight).
Furthermore it doesn't correspond to any NFZ or warning zone in the Netherlands, so I'm curious why it is showing up.

As for point 5, please allow me to ensure that I didn't understand it  falsely. Did it mean that you got one warning zone first, then if  switched the app, sometimes it will show multiple zones on the app but  sometime it stays one warning zone, is that right?
You understand correct. Sequence: press home button to show IOS menu and move DJI go app to background, then click on DJI Go app icon to bring app to foreground again.
I noticed you have to be connected to the aircraft to trigger this behaviour. At first it is briefly showing the areas in point 5, then display changes to showing as in 4 (single area). But after subsequent switches, it shows as in point 5, and not goes back to 4. Looks  like it dynamically updates the zones displayed based on drone flight distance capability, which then sometimes doesn't work.

As indicated: There are no means in the DJI Go app to  make it not visible, so it is very difficult to be able to see the map  below this green tint (especially in sunlight).
Reason why I mentioned it before, that I saw a relation to the issue of not being able to set the RTH location. But not able to hide a enhanced warning zone it is an issue in itself, especially when they are so huge, hiding the map underneath.

Hope this info helps.

Regards,
Frank

2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Frank, thank you for the details. It is true that Enhanced Warning Zone can't be invisible. The geo map is set up according to the files that ICAO published. As for point 5, I am confirming with the engineers. If there is an update, I will get back to you. Thanks for your attention.
2018-6-6
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

It may be a better idea to have the green layers appear when the maximum height is set above 120 meters.
It is nonsense and superfluous to show the green layers at low altitudes.
2018-6-8
Use props
Angelo75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43766 ft
Italy

Hello to all.
I'm unfortunately also having this problem.
For some time every time I try to set a new RHT comes out a message that tells me: obile device GPS signal week. It's location can not be acquired.
I use an Iphone 6.
At the beginning, however, I never had problems and he did it without any problem, now he does not do it anymore and he gives me that message.
What can I do?
Did any of you speak with assistance and know if it's a Mavic Air problem or not?
Thanks to everyone for the help.
2018-6-17
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

I have seen issues when you do not have enough satellites, how many were showing on the app?
2018-9-6
Use props
Frank70
lvl.3
Netherlands

Merced69 Posted at 2018-9-6 04:56
I have seen issues when you do not have enough satellites, how many were showing on the app?

In my cases I don't exactly remember the precise number.
I've seen instances where it immediately worked in the first try (just after switch on) and a few seconds later it stops working. Also during and at the end of the flight I've tried multiple times, wide open field, no trees no nothing, satellites must have been in the 14+ range as is usualy the case.

Doubt it has anything to do with the satellites displayed since it is related to the IOS device and not the MA. But in case of a bug (which this is) you never know.
2018-9-6
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Anybody tried again if home point can be set to RC location in newest app & firmware?
2019-1-28
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

this has been going on for ages, many people have complained about it, I for one
2019-1-28
Use props
Aaron Rupp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71575 ft
United States

Frank70 Posted at 2018-5-21 07:46
Dear DJI Thor,

Mine does the same thing after trying 3 different Iphone models. It's the DJI GO 4 app. It won't update to mobile device home-point if the accuracy of certain phones are reporting more than 15ft inaccuracy. DJI GO 4 app won't allow to update, even though your gps signal on the phone may be spot on, if the phone doesn't report within a certain perimeters that was set by DJI in the programming of the GO 4  app, then it won't let you use your dynamic home-point. Doesn't work in Active track either when you go beyond the 180ft limit of aircraft take off point.  DJI Company sucks because I've reported this very issue several times. DJI is retarded. All they have to do is allow the drone to update mobile home point gps location even when the newer Iphones are reporting a inaccuracy of 5 meters or more, although its not actually true. Download a gps accuracy app and see if your phone can come within 12ft of reported gps accuracy. My friend has the Iphone X and it doesn't do it with his, I had the Iphone 6s, the 8plus and now I have the XS MAX and every phone I have had this issue, even with different drones. Only way to fix, is to have another map app open and toggle back and forth between the Go4 app and the google map, Maps or Here Maps and let it refresh your position. Then home point will be updated. But it will only do it for a minute or so, then you have to toggle back and forth again and keep refreshing your maps app to your position. It fucking sucks. Especially if you want your drone to follow you while your riding a bike or moving and cannot continually keep toggling back and forth between the apps so that your damn drone can keep following you in active track after you go beyond 180ft from last updated position. Fucking DJI
2019-3-31
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-22 21:24

Hey DJI Thor....

maybe you can also forward the following to the engineers:

1. the altitude is not accurate (anymore) so planning a flight with waypoints can be very dangerous... also the RTH height is not correct and changes during a flight... the altitude seems to change all by itself

2. the sync process of the flightrecords is terrible... if you re-install DJI GO or DJI GO I miss quite a few flights...

3. DJI GO and DJI GO 4, watching a flight you made always starts in STANDARD map view... In the earlier versions of DJI GO and DJI GO 4 once you selected HYBRID it was memorised as the preferable map-view...

Great products, owning DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO and MAVIC 2 PRO (and more DJI products)...

Take care,

CanonMax
2019-4-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 4-6 12:19
Hey DJI Thor....

maybe you can also forward the following to the engineers:

I am sorry for the late reply, CanonMax. For the altitude issue, may I confirm if you had calibrated the IMU? Please try to calibrate the IMU and check again.  
Regarding the flight records issue, just to verify, you had synced the records before reinstalling the app and the syncing succeeded, right? Is the issue reproducible? If it is convenient, please kindly provide me with a video of this case. You can back up the flight record files first before reinstalling in case any missing.
For the third case, I had forwarded the case to the engineers before, will keep checking with them.
2019-4-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 4-8 19:15
I am sorry for the late reply, CanonMax. For the altitude issue, may I confirm if you had calibrated the IMU? Please try to calibrate the IMU and check again.  
Regarding the flight records issue, just to verify, you had synced the records before reinstalling the app and the syncing succeeded, right? Is the issue reproducible? If it is convenient, please kindly provide me with a video of this case. You can back up the flight record files first before reinstalling in case any missing.
For the third case, I had forwarded the case to the engineers before, will keep checking with them.

Dear DJI Thor...

thank you for taking the time to answer me... Concerning the altitude issue I can guarantee you that I did the following:"

1. I reinstalled the latest firmware (v. 01.00.0300 (2019-01-24) for both AIRCRAFT and CONTROLLER using the latest version of DJI Assistent 2 for Mavic
2. After that I checked all my batteries as well
3. Then I calibrated the IMU, calibrated the GIMBAL and then, at the place where I was going to fly I also calibrated the COMPASS...

I also noticed the difference in Airdata UAV of which I attach a small picture where you can see that the altitude for the BAROMETER and the SONAR are NOT corresponding...

Interesting... but also dangerous when making autonomous (WayPoint v 2.0) flights and -in case I need that- a RTH flight. I hope you agree...

concerning the flight-record issue... of course all my flights show up with this CLOUD-sign... but everytime I sync I get the message that the process FAILED... even when the flights ARE synced.
The problem is/came up, when I deleted the DJI GO 4 app on one of my Apple-products and the wanted to sync after re-installing the app...

Some time ago this was fixed for me by one of your engineers... at that time I was not even able to log in using my usual login name and password... but now again... it seems a problem.

Hope to hear from you...

Regards,

CanonMax
mavs88@home.nl
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thanks for getting back, appreciate your details.
For the altitude issue, could you please help to export the flight data from the drone via DJI Assistant 2 and provide me with the data? We'd love to check more about the case.
For the syncing issue, if it is convenient, please also help to export the log on the DJI GO 4 app(DJI GO(4)\FlightRecords). Thank you so much.
2019-4-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CanonMax,
For the altitude issue, I'm not surprised to see the two different altitudes show different values.  They are being measured completely different and will very likely be different a lot of the time in very normal circumstances.  

The "Baro. Alt." column in your screenshot is as measured by the barometer and measures the height above (or below) your initial launching position.  So all heights measured in this column will be relative to that one spot and won't have any relation to the actual terrain or objects underneath it.

The "Sonar Alt." column in your screenshot is using the downward VPS system to gauge the distance below the aircraft at that point in time.  So as the earth undulates and changes heights underneath the aircraft, this column will reflect that value.  This value doesn't have any relation at all compared to the launching point.

As an example, if you are launch from the top of a 10m tall hill and go straight up 3 meters, both "should" show an altitude of 3 meters.  However, if you fly straight forward (not up or down at all), the "Baro Alt" will still show a value of 3 meters, however, the "Sonar Alt" will show gradually increase as the hill drops away underneath it the further away the drone gets from its launch point.  Once it is out over the flat ground, the "Baro Alt" will still show 3m, but the "Sonar Alt" will show a value of 13m.

I also have an issue with synchronizing my Flight Records to the cloud fails.  I get this on my iOS devices as well as my Smart Controller.
2019-4-10
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 4-10 19:27
CanonMax,
For the altitude issue, I'm not surprised to see the two different altitudes show different values.  They are being measured completely different and will very likely be different a lot of the time in very normal circumstances.  

Hi KlooGee…

I am very aware of the fact that the two systems (barometer altitude - Sonar Altitude) work in a different way... What does surprise me is that flying on a FLAT field the barometer height/altitude changes whilst the Sonar Altitude stays the same... resulting in a NEGATIVE altitude-reading when I reach 10.0 meters and lower...
I am not sure which system is used ( @ DJ THOR) to calculate the altitude in Waypoints 2.0 (this of which cannot be the Sonar Altitude in my opinion)… with readings like they are at the moment it could be dangerous even.
I also noticed that (I did check this) the RTH altitude is HIGHER than the 30 meters I put in the DJI GO 4 app... it can even be WAY higher, as the altitude reading keeps changing...
I checked older flights of my Mavic 2 Pro and my Mavic Air and I noticed the same problems...

Thank you for answering me, hopefully DJI will be able to make this Barometer readout more stable in any future update... both firmware as well as software... or... in a Mavic 3 Pro or even a Phantom 5

I deleted the DJI GO 4 app on my phone to see what happens when I re-synchronised, this made me lose quite a few flights... I do not like that of course hahah

Take Care!

(Canon)Max
2019-4-13
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 4-10 18:58
Thanks for getting back, appreciate your details.
For the altitude issue, could you please help to export the flight data from the drone via DJI Assistant 2 and provide me with the data? We'd love to check more about the case.
For the syncing issue, if it is convenient, please also help to export the log on the DJI GO 4 app(DJI GO(4)\FlightRecords). Thank you so much.

I would love to provide you with more details... please instruct me how to get them at your end...

Thank you,

(Canon)Max
2019-4-13
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CanonMax Posted at 4-13 00:32
Hi KlooGee…

I am very aware of the fact that the two systems (barometer altitude - Sonar Altitude) work in a different way... What does surprise me is that flying on a FLAT field the barometer height/altitude changes whilst the Sonar Altitude stays the same... resulting in a NEGATIVE altitude-reading when I reach 10.0 meters and lower...

I've not noticed the altitude behavior you describe, but then again I haven't specifically looked for it.  I'll have to keep an eye out for it looking forward.

I just tried the Flight Record sync on both my iPhone DJI Smart Controller and it completed successfully this time on both devices.  Have you tried again to see if its working for you now?
2019-4-13
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 4-13 05:52
I've not noticed the altitude behavior you describe, but then again I haven't specifically looked for it.  I'll have to keep an eye out for it looking forward.

I just tried the Flight Record sync on both my iPhone DJI Smart Controller and it completed successfully this time on both devices.  Have you tried again to see if its working for you now?

They do (and die) sync but after synchronising I still get this error message....
2019-4-13
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 4-13 05:52

I just tried the Flight Record sync on both my iPhone DJI Smart Controller and it completed successfully this time on both devices.  Have you tried again to see if its working for you now?

They do (and did) sync but after synchronising I still get this error message...
2019-4-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 4-13 00:34
I would love to provide you with more details... please instruct me how to get them at your end...

Thank you,

Please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2, and save the flight data to local, upload to Dropbox and provide me with the link.
For the log of the syncing, please connect the mobile device to iTunes, and export the log.
Appreciate it.
2019-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules