Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can not set RTH point to controller anymore in 4.2.16 (IOS)
1928 53 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanonMax
First Officer
Flight distance : 4730180 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 4-14 19:14
Please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2, and save the flight data to local, upload to Dropbox and provide me with the link.
For the log of the syncing, please connect the mobile device to iTunes, and export the log.
Appreciate it.

Here you can see both VPS and Altitude... the more you fly the more the difference becomes...

Thanks...

(Canon)Max
4-16 23:22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

CanonMax Posted at 4-16 23:22
[view_image]

Here you can see both VPS and Altitude... the more you fly the more the difference becomes...

Hi CanonMax, H means the relative altitude to the takeoff point, and VPS means the absolute height to the ground. Can you confirm if there is a change of the terrain after takeoff?
Besides, if you had also tried the latest firmware, but the altitude is acting abnormally, you can share the data and flight record for further confirmation.
By checking the screenshot here may not be able to know the exact issue clearly. Thank you for your assistance.
4-18 18:37
Use props
CanonMax
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Frank... heb je mijn post gelezen omtrent verschil in hoogte (barometer) en VPS (sonar alt) Post #33
Did you read mij post, Frank and do you also notice a difference? I'm flying close to Tilburg...
4-19 02:47
Use props
Frank70
lvl.4
Flight distance : 215899 ft
Netherlands

CanonMax Posted at 4-19 02:47
Frank... heb je mijn post gelezen omtrent verschil in hoogte (barometer) en VPS (sonar alt) Post #33
Did you read mij post, Frank and do you also notice a difference? I'm flying close to Tilburg...

Hi CanonMax, just read your message.
I checked my logfiles and see similar deviations in height between the VPS and IMU. Typically around 2m / 6ft difference.
4-28 09:32
Use props
CanonMax
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Frank70 Posted at 4-28 09:32
Hi CanonMax, just read your message.
I checked my logfiles and see similar deviations in height between the VPS and IMU. Typically around 2m / 6ft difference.

Thanks for your answer and confirmation about these deviations... I checked a RTH and noticed that my drone went higher up than the 30m I have put in the DJI GO 4 app...
Especially when using Waypoints 2.0 I am a bit concerned...
At the moment I am abroad but will test again when I get back.

Take care - fly safe!

(Canon)Max
4-29 08:51
Use props
fans09823051
lvl.1
Flight distance : 923192 ft
Australia

Sorry to bring up an old post but has anybody figured a way to solve this home point issue yet?
I have only recently purchased the m2p (upgraded for the Phantom 3) and not being able to change the home point to the RC is putting a real dampener on my new drone!!
I have contacted DJI via Facebook and they seemed to have no idea what was going on, asked for screenshots of the issue and have now
5-29 02:22
Use props
zappy54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 250646 ft
United Kingdom

fans09823051 Posted at 5-29 02:22
Sorry to bring up an old post but has anybody figured a way to solve this home point issue yet?
I have only recently purchased the m2p (upgraded for the Phantom 3) and not being able to change the home point to the RC is putting a real dampener on my new drone!!
I have contacted DJI via Facebook and they seemed to have no idea what was going on, asked for screenshots of the issue and have now

still a iOS problem at the moment but works on android
5-29 02:43
Use props
fans09823051
lvl.1
Australia

I honestly can’t believe that this has been going on for so long and DJI/Apple haven’t fixed it yet!!
5-29 20:22
Use props
bwind
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24380 ft
United States

fans09823051 Posted at 5-29 20:22
I honestly can’t believe that this has been going on for so long and DJI/Apple haven’t fixed it yet!!

Agreed! This delay of the fix is ridiculous! Lost my drone because of it!
7-8 03:41
Use props
Ellen73
lvl.1
Spain

Well, I have the same problem that I cannot set the RTH-point to the RC location. Tried with Iphone X and iPhone 7 Plus. I understand that this is still not fixed? Or is there anything I can do to sort this out? Wanted to use the drone riding on the bike and would need to have this option work....
Thanks in advance.
7-14 03:36
Use props
Drone34
Second Officer
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

Ellen73 Posted at 7-14 03:36
Well, I have the same problem that I cannot set the RTH-point to the RC location. Tried with Iphone X and iPhone 7 Plus. I understand that this is still not fixed? Or is there anything I can do to sort this out? Wanted to use the drone riding on the bike and would need to have this option work....
Thanks in advance.

I have been having the same issue with an iPhone 8+ but just updated GO4 to version 4.3.20 and will try to test again today.
7-21 09:16
Use props
Drone34
Second Officer
United States

Drone34 Posted at 7-21 09:16
I have been having the same issue with an iPhone 8+ but just updated GO4 to version 4.3.20 and will try to test again today.

Well, mixed results.  It worked the first time, failed the second (even tried resetting the home point to the AC, which worked and then tried again to set to RC and it didn't work), then tried again after a brief disconnect and reconnect and it worked, and then tried again and it did not work.  All the time had between 12 and 14 sats showing.  So not sure what is happening.  All with iPhone 8+ with IOS 12.3.2 and DJI GO4 4.3.20.  Each time I moved to the same spot about 100 ft away from launch, hover and confirmation of RTH to AC hover point.
7-21 17:04
Use props
fans09823051
lvl.1
Australia

After a long drawn out conversation (no I’m not going to say argument) DJI admitted it’s a known issue solely with IOS devices. They informed me if I wanted to be able to utilize this feature of my drone I would need to buy an Android device!
I did mention to them nicely that my Mavic 2 Pro is advertised as being made for iOS devices.
They said to me that they have forwarded my concerns onto the development department but for my own health and well-being I have decided not to hold my breathe!!
7-31 20:46
Use props
Drone34
Second Officer
United States

fans09823051 Posted at 7-31 20:46
After a long drawn out conversation (no I’m not going to say argument) DJI admitted it’s a known issue solely with IOS devices. They informed me if I wanted to be able to utilize this feature of my drone I would need to buy an Android device!
I did mention to them nicely that my Mavic 2 Pro is advertised as being made for iOS devices.
They said to me that they have forwarded my concerns onto the development department but for my own health and well-being I have decided not to hold my breathe!!

That is disappointing.  I too am an Apple user facing this problem.  There are multiple threads on this topic which has been going on for almost 2 years.  I would urge DJI to push its engineers/software folks to actually fix this.
8-1 03:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules