Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic air firmware 0400 IS Careless!
3157 28 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Liavah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10456 ft
Israel

Liavah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3187

Israel

I fighting my MA for 3 months now, everything was fine with the 0200 and 0300 and then 0400 came. The most careless firmware DJI can released. Its cannot hover in place, it's drifts in random directions, no wind full gps lock, IMU calibrated. Lag in the video feed.

DJI, this is very unprofessional and careless release on a very new drone product.

I demand DJI to release new firmware ASAP!

Thanks.

2018-5-19
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft

Had 3 batteries worth of flying today using the latest app (iOS) and MA firmware.... absolutely PERFECT! No loss of FCC, no unstable video, no loss of signal over a reasonable distance (furthest away was 620m), no undemanded movements.... just a wonderful hour of flying & filming! I love this little drone!
2018-5-19
Use props
Jim_Ball
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49754 ft
Australia

I have also found:
(1) The Mavic Air with firmware 0400 fies with less stability. Even with no wind at all, it does not hover as stably as it was with previous versions of firmware. The panorama photos were not taken properly.

(2) When I flied the MA on the same route as I did before, with the new firmware I got weak signal message when the MA was 600m away from me. But with the previous firmware, it had no problem at all when the MA was 1700m away from me (and flying over a steel bridge)! Both in FCC mode (2.4GHz).
2018-5-19
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

The weirdest problem is that just several MA seems stable, others have issues. Hope for quick fix. My MA grounded due to issues happened, let engineers time for investigation and properly fix. Read the announcement section, the MA release so many firmware that means it still doesn't stable. Should get the MP Platinum
2018-5-19
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I doubt that they will find anything because their test MA work well with the firmware they released.
2018-5-19
Use props
orion71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439485 ft

It's like mine. 8 flights on the new firmware without any problems.
2018-5-19
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

>I demand DJI to release new firmware ASAP!
2018-5-20
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

>I demand DJI to release new firmware ASAP!

No, no, DJI release it slowly, we don't want more bugs!
2018-5-20
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

same problem as you...
2018-5-20
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Have not had any problems with .0400 many, many flights.
2018-5-20
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

I've flown my Air about 5-6 hours on 0400 without any of those problems. Have you posted your flight logs or done anything else to troubleshoot this issue?
2018-5-20
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft

No problems whatsoever
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Liavah, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please make sure you have updated the firmware to the latest one successfully, I still recommend you to try to refresh the firmware again, then try the flight in different locations. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help. Thank you in advance!
2018-5-20
Use props
Ovi 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351545 ft
United States

I have the same problem the drone is very unstable after the latest firmware. I did everything .Reload the firmware on the Mavic and remote. Calibrate the Mavic and the remote and the drone will still drift to the right without me touching the remote.  I'm really scared to fly this until dji comes with a fix.
2018-5-20
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Same here. I loved it with fw 0300 but now, after 0400  it's like i'm back to my old Spark...
Very unstable, choppy video feed transmission and weak signal messages even after 80-90m up into the air.
2018-5-21
Use props
HoosierT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93219 ft
United States

I haven't seen much change in behavior after going to 0400. The only issue I have had is one of my batteries suddenly dropped from 67% to 0% and I had to land it. It was quite scary but it hasn't happened since that one occurrence.
2018-5-21
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft

I had to return my MA after several errors. It was ok prior firmware update. It is allready known that not all MA had issues after the last firware update, so it is useless to post that your MA it's OK. Be aware that the next firmware update could affect your drone too so let the one with issues to post so that DJI team can assist with the issues.
2018-5-21
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

The only issue I had so far with upgrading to 0400 is one of the batteries was at less than 50% and so when I used DJi Assistant on my mac to upgrade the firmware it failed on that last battery, so I had to charge it and then actually use the Dji App to update the FW on that last battery because Assistant kept saying the update was failing and for a moment I thought my battery was bricked... other than that, no issues
2018-5-21
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft

Besides that when it comes to software bugs, it is necessary to have exactly the same conditions to replicate them, which means that your MAs are not necessarily ok but only that you have not been exactly in the same conditions. For instance it seems that the mottor error appears only  when you push both sticks in certain directions etc.
2018-5-21
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

I am not facing any problem with the latest firmware. Many flights without any issue. First check out your IMU situation. Make a periodical IMU recalibration through Assistant2. Finally  if the problem persists, make a firmware downgrade and then upgrade it again through Assistant2. Normally the issues appeared after a non completely successful upgrade. It happens!
2018-7-27
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

just the same here, occassionally  (five-six times of ten) drifts in random directions. Before 0400 hadn't any problem. Pls. fix DJI
2018-7-27
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just did a 10300ft range test without issues on 400 and 4.2.21
2018-7-27
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I encountered 2 times already with complete MA disconnect from RC all of sudden at near distanc es about 50 -70 m away and about 50-60 m high. Both times however the Failsafe RTH was triggered, MA returns and descends upt o 0.5 and hovers. Since the battery is still almost full, the only way i found to land it to the ground is to reboot RC and gain control over MA again. But other way it is more or less OK ( video feed doiwnlink is almost good after latest CS upgrade of DJI GO4 to 4.2.21
2018-7-27
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

It doesn't matter how many of you post problems with the new firmware, it just takes one person to post in here that theirs works fine to negate your experience where they can then blame pilot error or say you're not doing something right. .

Never understood why people do that....
2018-7-27
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
United States

Usually i don't have problems with the new firmware. Few times it have started to drift by itself, but it went normal after restarting the drone and app.
2018-7-27
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Well, sorry, but you are joining a very fast growing club with firmware problems here. 6 weeks, still waiting for replacement.......
2018-7-27
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Monk32 Posted at 2018-7-27 06:31
I am not facing any problem with the latest firmware. Many flights without any issue. First check out your IMU situation. Make a periodical IMU recalibration through Assistant2. Finally  if the problem persists, make a firmware downgrade and then upgrade it again through Assistant2. Normally the issues appeared after a non completely successful upgrade. It happens!

You cannot downgrade the MA firmware once you go to .400.  That is what many do not like and are forced to stay on the latest .400 version.  Some do and some do not have issues but is clear that the some that do have the issues is from the firmware.  
2018-7-27
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-5-19 15:42
Had 3 batteries worth of flying today using the latest app (iOS) and MA firmware.... absolutely PERFECT! No loss of FCC, no unstable video, no loss of signal over a reasonable distance (furthest away was 620m), no undemanded movements.... just a wonderful hour of flying & filming! I love this little drone!

Same here and only had it for less than a week. Been out this morning and no issues at all apart from almost killing it, due to my own daft fault.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules