Lens not detected problem on the X7 camera
4563 13 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans48cc82d8
New
India

Hello ,
          I have recently purchased a inspire 2 along with the X7 camera and the lens kit.  I often get this error saying lens not detected and then I have to remove the lens and put it again and repeat the procedure several times for the error to go . can I get a permanent solution for it ?
7ECE75D5-27AF-46B9-BF39-37232BC27B5D.jpeg
2018-5-19
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

This kind of points to a hardware related issue. Maybe the electrical contacts of the X7 and I2's gimbal mount are not lining up correctly, or dirty? Can you check the contact points on both and see if there's any misalignment or dirt?

Otherwise, this may require DJI's warranty service.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please follow the below steps to mount the X7 properly:
1. Do not touch the Lens Release Button when you attach the lens. Install the lens into the camera and the button will automatically spring back to its original position.
2. Mount the lens in place and rotates the lens several times to make sure the lens is firmly attached. Please install it gently and avoid rotating it forcibly.
3. Please note that the lens does not support hot swapping. If the lens is not attached successfully, reinstall the lens and restart the aircraft.

Please let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-5-21
Use props
fans5c27a672
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545203 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I had the same issue.

Attached the X7 and 24mm lens, the lens not being recognised. Contacts look clean and fit of lens on mount is very snug. Removed and reattached gimbal and lens several times, the Inspire 2 then updated firmware and all has been OK since.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5c27a672 Posted at 2018-5-22 21:33
I had the same issue.

Attached the X7 and 24mm lens, the lens not being recognised. Contacts look clean and fit of lens on mount is very snug. Removed and reattached gimbal and lens several times, the Inspire 2 then updated firmware and all has been OK since.

Glad to know your issue has been figured out, thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy flying.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You may refer to the post in 4# to update or refresh the firmware to have a try.
2018-5-22
Use props
drone_guru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3928980 ft
Fiji

I have the same issue after the new update of the firmware. now i can not use the X7 with any of the lens. All lens are giving me the same error message, "lens not detected..." the X5s camera works fine on the Inspire 2. Also i tested the X7 on a different Inspire with the latest firmware. That also has error message.
2018-10-15
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

drone_guru Posted at 2018-10-15 00:56
I have the same issue after the new update of the firmware. now i can not use the X7 with any of the lens. All lens are giving me the same error message, "lens not detected..." the X5s camera works fine on the Inspire 2. Also i tested the X7 on a different Inspire with the latest firmware. That also has error message.

what firmware version did you install ?
2018-10-15
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

im still having this problem, I dont get the error message but will be up in the air and cant focus or control aperture. Have to land, power down, reconnect, power up and lunch again.. quite frustrating
2018-10-15
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Skyris Posted at 2018-10-15 01:47
im still having this problem, I dont get the error message but will be up in the air and cant focus or control aperture. Have to land, power down, reconnect, power up and lunch again.. quite frustrating

I had this same problem on my first job with x7 ... luckily i had the x5 with me so we got the shot in the end. Now I always turn the lens counter clockwise after hearing the klick , not with force but till i feel the resistance of the locking mechanism .... never had the problem since. Hope this helps
2018-10-15
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-10-15 03:50
I had this same problem on my first job with x7 ... luckily i had the x5 with me so we got the shot in the end. Now I always turn the lens counter clockwise after hearing the klick , not with force but till i feel the resistance of the locking mechanism .... never had the problem since. Hope this helps

Thanks for the tip
2018-10-15
Use props
drone_guru
lvl.2
Fiji

Air craft fw 1.02.0200
20181016_152804.jpg
2018-10-15
Use props
drone_guru
lvl.2
Fiji

Sorry for the flipped image
2018-10-15
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

did you have the x7 installed while upgrading ? I always do that now since it was mandatory when the x7 came out. maybe the camera didn´t update ?

so you are on the .200 firmware that causes lots of problems for many users ... i would try to go back to .100 and then see if the camera works ....

2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules