Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
wont start up .
939 8 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhigh69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

Im having some issues with my phantom 3 standard . i REPLACEED FOUR motors. before I did it worked but the motors 2 of them were going out. This all happened due to another crash . elevation rose on a mission Litchi. But any how after the motor installation I fired the bird up and it went on for about 1 second, it made a short buz like it wanted to follow through with the initial start up but no luck battery just turned off.

I wanted to ask is thier any way to test any of the electronic components? One of the capasitors , was half off too., I hot glued it back on as welll. I did a bit  of testing with a mulimeter to see of any deviations to the motors. but all were the same. I'm thining i could have heated the solder to hot during the motor insallation. But I made sure i didnt hit any of the six chips abobe the connections of the motors.
Any Ideas?
Please help me.
Iv looked on line for trouble shooting and I havn't not found anything of the componets of this dronel. I have been reading a lot of electronic component functions. pretty deep stuff.
Thanks, flyhigh 69
2018-5-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The first paragraph makes me think you need to calibrate the IMU at the very least, and you might need a new flight controller.

The second paragraph makes me think you also might need a new centerboard.

Double check your motor ignition cables and confirm they are soldered to the ESCs in the right sequence.  

Good luck

2018-5-19
Use props
Texas-Mark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

One of the capasitors , was half off too., I hot glued it back on as welll.

Hot glued the capacitor? Sorry, but I seriously doubt it is going to maintain electical contact, especially if the motors start, and there is any vibation.
2018-5-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-5-19 17:25
Hot glued the capacitor? Sorry, but I seriously doubt it is going to maintain electical contact, especially if the motors start, and there is any vibation.

Mark is right,why it´s not soldered? hot glue is an insulator too. What color are on the rear LEDs ?
Do you have a multi meter device with transistor tester ? They mostly can test the capacity of the capacitors as well.
2018-5-20
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-5-20 01:19
Mark is right,why it´s not soldered? hot glue is an insulator too. What color are on the rear LEDs ?
Do you have a multi meter device with transistor tester ? They mostly can test the capacity of the capacitors as well.

thanks I have another board. I am going to switch capacitors. Or I can see if I can find out which mosfet is bad on the first board i had changed. Does anyone know how to trouble shoot the mosfetts

It does not want to stay on. it lights up buzzes for a half second, camera does its thing on start up then it shuts down. I did take the capcitor off completly and put it back on. and no luck. but you mentioned a mulitmetter. yes i have a multimeter but it doesnt have a spot for capacitors. ?

2018-5-20
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Capacitors are not so fragile as MOSFETS and can tested as resistors too. IF the capacitors resists electrical stream after few parts of a second then it´s ok. But if the capacitor conduct these mA in continue then it´s broken. But you can´t measure the capacity of that capacitor. Testing a MOFET is not so easy. If your hands are not grounded then you can destroy it in a part of a second,because you are charged statically.
You can test it as a transistor but digitally.
2018-5-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-5-20 17:18
thanks I have another board. I am going to switch capacitors. Or I can see if I can find out which mosfet is bad on the first board i had changed. Does anyone know how to trouble shoot the mosfetts

It does not want to stay on. it lights up buzzes for a half second, camera does its thing on start up then it shuts down. I did take the capcitor off completly and put it back on. and no luck. but you mentioned a mulitmetter. yes i have a multimeter but it doesnt have a spot for capacitors. ?

Have you considered that your soldering may be the problem. The wires from the motors have an insulating varnish on them and it MUST be scraped off before attempting to solder to the wire.
2018-5-20
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-20 22:58
Have you considered that your soldering may be the problem. The wires from the motors have an insulating varnish on them and it MUST be scraped off before attempting to solder to the wire.

Wow, I didn't know that! I'll have to redo them, and see if it fixes the problem. I hate to buy another board.
2018-5-21
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-5-20 22:48
Capacitors are not so fragile as MOSFETS and can tested as resistors too. IF the capacitors resists electrical stream after few parts of a second then it´s ok. But if the capacitor conduct these mA in continue then it´s broken. But you can´t measure the capacity of that capacitor. Testing a MOFET is not so easy. If your hands are not grounded then you can destroy it in a part of a second,because you are charged statically.
You can test it as a transistor but digitally.

thanks for the info.
Getting of the subject, I had read up on airports fly restrictions and state parks. but not jails. I had a incident last week with my mavic! sheriffs came and warned me. Didnt know about flying to close to jails. It freaked me out a bit.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules