Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Device Security
893 6 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sSunsets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... Wondering these days if flying my toy is just a data trap for another world govt. My ZTE Android seems to be collecting data for a govt. and other folks... I might be done with this.

2018-5-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

we know they are collecting data and mining user info and location and stuff... whether or not gov is involved..probably because based in china, and government in china loves to get there grubby little mitts on any data they can.. and they aren't shy about it either.  

i dont blame Dji for collecting data in a new clever way...everyone is doing that.    just i would hope that nothing personal in the data like photos and videos.  and i hope they arent providing chinese govt with external user data like anyone outside of china flying..
2018-5-19
Use props
sSunsets
lvl.4
United States

Hmm...  If all businesses are under Chinese Govt. Then they may collect users data on the behalf of Chinese govt. Thx..
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

sSunsets Posted at 2018-5-20 16:03
Hmm...  If all businesses are under Chinese Govt. Then they may collect users data on the behalf of Chinese govt. Thx..

that's how it usually is.. unfortunately.. every gov does it to some extent but the chinese gov is way more extreme about it.  
2018-5-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-19 18:17
we know they are collecting data and mining user info and location and stuff... whether or not gov is involved..probably because based in china, and government in china loves to get there grubby little mitts on any data they can.. and they aren't shy about it either.  

i dont blame Dji for collecting data in a new clever way...everyone is doing that.    just i would hope that nothing personal in the data like photos and videos.  and i hope they arent providing chinese govt with external user data like anyone outside of china flying..

Nothing personal, about that:
You upload a flight record, some pictures you have taken during this flight, they are in the data ,too.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for raising the information. I will forward this information to our engineers so that we will be able to check what is really happening.
2018-5-23
Use props
sSunsets
lvl.4
United States

Tkx. Stephen for your response.
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules