FPS Changing issue!!
850 9 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thatirishguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74334 ft

Recently got my mavic air, love it so far.. apart from a few flaws... when shooting in 120fps it flys and records great, but once i hit stop on the record button it does not stop recording.. i get the graphic of the line going around, and can not do any other functions unless i physically land the drone, turn it off, restart the DJI GO 4 app and restart the drone.  once i go to view my footage it has corrupted files in the SD card.  Has anyone had issues with this? would it be a card issue or a drone issue? the SD card is a Verbatim Micro SDHC I Class 10 with a 3 in a "u" symbol (sorry unsure what that stands for again) 32GB.  Any suggestions would be very helpful as im in canada and have no way to physically call DJI in the states.

Also regarding 120FPS shooting it is listed on my SD card as 1080 30FPS
2018-5-19
Use props
Bruno Rook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I don't think that the problem coming of your SD. Watch again your setting video when the 120fps is activated. Try to record on the drone memory, not your SD. You can be sure after that If its your SD or not
2018-5-19
Use props
Thatirishguy
lvl.1

Bruno Rook Posted at 2018-5-19 16:37
I don't think that the problem coming of your SD. Watch again your setting video when the 120fps is activated. Try to record on the drone memory, not your SD. You can be sure after that If its your SD or not

Ok, i will try that tomorrow.  Wind picked up quite a bit since then.  I also heard that brand of SD card isn't the greatest, of course this was after i purchased it.  I've been recommended to use Sandisk Extreme.  
2018-5-19
Use props
Bruno Rook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If in your settings, it's not write "Slow SD" or something like that, your SD is good. I had this problem because I bought a U1. Now, I bought the SD 128G U3 extreme plus, no more problem.

Try this option first, we will see the rest after.
2018-5-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Thatirishguy Posted at 2018-5-19 17:17
Ok, i will try that tomorrow.  Wind picked up quite a bit since then.  I also heard that brand of SD card isn't the greatest, of course this was after i purchased it.  I've been recommended to use Sandisk Extreme.

You don't actually have to fly to record test video and stills. The camera has no idea if it is flying or you are holding and moving the drone by hand. To be safe, remove the props.
I often try camera settings from my desktop.
2018-5-20
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

All the other advice is same as I would have suggested.  Test record to internal storage while the drone is sat on a table or hand held indoors "props off if you choose".

The 120fps will show as 30fps as that's how it is re-played, so 1/4 the original speed.  A 1 minute 120fps recording will show as a 4 minute 30fps video.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-5-20 00:24
You don't actually have to fly to record test video and stills. The camera has no idea if it is flying or you are holding and moving the drone by hand. To be safe, remove the props.
I often try camera settings from my desktop.

Yes, that's a good idea.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thatirishguy Posted at 2018-5-19 17:17

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing, please try it and keep us in updated, hope everything will be fine soon.
2018-5-20
Use props
Thatirishguy
lvl.1

***Update***
So I purchased a Sandisk micro SD Card Extreme... and as of a few flight tests running different video formats there is NO issues... so it was totally a card issue from the old one.. makes me mad as i no longer have the receipt for it to return.. thankfully it was only $25 on sale... thanks for everyone's help!!!
2018-5-26
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Thatirishguy Posted at 2018-5-26 14:16
***Update***
So I purchased a Sandisk micro SD Card Extreme... and as of a few flight tests running different video formats there is NO issues... so it was totally a card issue from the old one.. makes me mad as i no longer have the receipt for it to return.. thankfully it was only $25 on sale... thanks for everyone's help!!!

Apparently that is the reason it was only $25 and on sale.  Makes for a good dust insert and that is about all.  
2018-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules