Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go app links on my tablet but not on my Pixel 2
706 3 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdwardHillsboro
lvl.1
United States

I can connect to the DJI Spark RC via the app on my Android tablet.

However, I cannot link my Pixel 2 and the Spark RC. Specifically, I *can* connect to the Spark RC's WiFi SSID just fine but when I go in to the app, select Spark, my only option is Enter Device. If I try to use Connect ... Aircraft Combo, the final option is greyed out - even though I am already connected to the WiFi SSID of the Spark RC.

I've deleted the Storage Memory of the app on the phone and re-entered everything. No change. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app, no change.

I've searched online but do not see anything saying the Pixel 2 has a problem with Spark connections.

I'd really like to be able to connect via my Android phone, rather than the tablet.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Thank you.

2018-5-19
Use props
EdwardHillsboro
lvl.1
United States

I decided to return the  Spark to Amazon. I live in an "authorization" zone, which I already knew, but intended to do local flying indoors. However, its not simply to get an authorization certificate when you have only a non-cell service tablet. The latter can connect only to the Spark RC - and can't then download the override authorization certificate in the DJI Go app as I have no Internet connection when connected to the Spark. IF the DJI Go app worked on my Pixel 2, then I could have connected to the RC via WiFi and downloaded the authorization certificate via cellular. But I can't. Am giving up on DJI.
2018-5-20
Use props
marshyrob
New

United Kingdom

Sounds like the RC and Spark are not connected.  You need to do the following:

Turn on the remote if the light in the top left hand corner is red and stays red it means its not connected to the spark
If this is the case power on the spark and press and hold the battery button for 3 seconds and it should beep once, LED's on the spark should flash red slowly
On the controller press all these buttons at the same time and hold.  PAUSE FUNCTION and CUSTOMISE (this is located at the top right behind the camera button)
Should beep and the red led on the controller will go green which means its connected (you now will not see the Sparks WIFI SSID anymore but you will see the RC's WIFI SSID)
I put my phone into Airplane mode and then turn on just WIFI on the phone to then connect to the RC WIFI.  Password is on the back of the RC.

If my instructions done make sense then use these: [url= https://www.heliguy.com/blog/con ... -remote-controller/]Syncing the Remote and Spark[/url]

Good Luck

I have a Pixel XL and this is what i needed to do....works like a charm but you need to put it in Airplane mode for this to work properly ive found
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please restart the drone and the mobile device to try it again? Please make sure the firmware on the aircraft, remote controller and the DJI GO4 app are the latest one. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules