DJI Tello Camera Sensor Error
Home / TELLO /
30846 19 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skiesnan
lvl.1

Indonesia

My tello suddenly shows camera sensor error... When turned on n connect pictures still could be seen on my phone, after took off pictures freeze n camera sensor error showed up, how can I solved this problem?, is there anybody have this issues, I've restarted so many times the problem still exist, I want to bring my tello for my trip next week :-(,  btw the newest update causes the sensor  too sensitive even a gentle touch on an object the propeller turned off, I prefer the old firmware.

2018-5-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, sorry to read on that. Sorry that the old firmware version is not available. However, you can make IMU calibration. If it persists, please kindly contact the right support support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance.  *****Calibrate IMU****
1)  Please remove prop guards and propellers.  
2)  Connect Tello to your phone via WiFi and start Tello APP.  
3)  Go to settings > more > calibrate IMU.  
4)   Make sure Tello is sitting on flat surface for all 6 positions while calibrating.
2018-5-19
Use props
Skiesnan
lvl.1

Indonesia

IMU calibration didn't have any effect, just brought the unit to the local service center, and must wait 14 days, just bought this for holiday selfie and now can't use it
2018-5-21
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Sorry to read on that Skiesnan. Hope you can enjoy your holiday.
2018-5-22
Use props
djiuser_mDoSyE1cKT5Y
New

India

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-19 22:40
Hey, sorry to read on that. Sorry that the old firmware version is not available. However, you can make IMU calibration. If it persists, please kindly contact the right support support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance.  *****Calibrate IMU****
1)  Please remove prop guards and propellers.  
2)  Connect Tello to your phone via WiFi and start Tello APP.  

Hello, I am getting camera sensor error on my dji tello app. How can i sort this error??
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_mDoSyE1cKT5Y
New

India

Camera sensor error
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_4DZIcUpua4Up
New

El Salvador

I am not sure if this problem is similar but when I was flying the app showed an error and the drone was not  responding
2018-5-23
Use props
Skiesnan
lvl.1

Indonesia

I think it's similar, at the beginning when I was landing it , it showed camera sensor error but still have pictures, but after I restarted it, it's back to normal again, after the flight I charged the battery and kept it for about a week, n the problem occured when I turned it on and become permanent, even after restarting it so many times still the same, the same problem was when flying without pictures the drone became unstable, after I pressed the shutter button the tello couldn't be controlled again, One thing I noticed when trying to reach the drone above me, only one IR sensor light was turned on, is it supposed to be on both of them, hoped these isn't a hardware problem, and these information could help ryze detect and fix this problem.
2018-5-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_mDoSyE1cKT5Y Posted at 2018-5-23 01:48
Hello, I am getting camera sensor error on my dji tello app. How can i sort this error??

Hey, please reboot the drone, uninstall and reinstall the latest app, upgrade to the latest firmware version. Meanwhile, you can make IMU calibration. If it persists, please kindly contact the right support support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance.
2018-5-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Skiesnan@yahoo. Posted at 2018-5-23 16:36
I think it's similar, at the beginning when I was landing it , it showed camera sensor error but still have pictures, but after I restarted it, it's back to normal again, after the flight I charged the battery and kept it for about a week, n the problem occured when I turned it on and become permanent, even after restarting it so many times still the same, the same problem was when flying without pictures the drone became unstable, after I pressed the shutter button the tello couldn't be controlled again, One thing I noticed when trying to reach the drone above me, only one IR sensor light was turned on, is it supposed to be on both of them, hoped these isn't a hardware problem, and these information could help ryze detect and fix this problem.

Hey, sorry to read on that. Please don't worry since only one IR sensor light would be turned on.
Per Camera sensor error,
1) Reboot the drone several times
2) Uninstall and reinstall APP ( please store important info first)
3) Make sure that both the APP and the firmware version has been upgraded to the latest.
4)   Conduct IMU Calibration.
If it persists, please kindly contact the right support support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance.  
2018-5-23
Use props
Jorge Sepulveda
New

Chile

I have the same problem, and the solution is only extract the bottom cover(4 screws) and gently press the camera connectors
2018-8-23
Use props
fansa177eaa0
New

Netherlands

Just bought a new Tello last week and it stille shows 'Camera sensor error'. Tried to reset many times, did al the things I could find on the forum and internet... calibrate and so on... The drone doesn't accept updates en still black screen from the camera. How will I fix this?
2018-9-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fansa177eaa0 Posted at 2018-9-28 09:49
Just bought a new Tello last week and it stille shows 'Camera sensor error'. Tried to reset many times, did al the things I could find on the forum and internet... calibrate and so on... The drone doesn't accept updates en still black screen from the camera. How will I fix this?

Sorry for your unpleasant experience. If it persists after you reset and calibrate IMU, we regret it needs repair service and you can contact right support below:

Email: support@ryzerobotics.com
Online support: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support
2018-9-28
Use props
fansa177eaa0
New

Netherlands

RYZE Posted at 2018-9-28 17:15
Sorry for your unpleasant experience. If it persists after you reset and calibrate IMU, we regret it needs repair service and you can contact right support below:

Email:

Brand new and needs repair??? Think we have to change it for a working Tello... Not amused is an understatement.
2018-9-30
Use props
javistrete22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9216 ft
Spain

I join the question
2018-10-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fansa177eaa0 Posted at 2018-9-30 10:01
Brand new and needs repair??? Think we have to change it for a working Tello... Not amused is an understatement.

Pretty sorry for the inconvenience this situation has caused you. In regard to camera sensor error, please do feel to contact us. We are very happy to help.  
2018-10-1
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I hope this is sorted out.
2018-10-8
Use props
Carlos Vargas
New

Mexico

Camera sensor error
2018-11-23
Use props
Mohammad5
New

Malaysia

I've lost mine.. Slide to take off, sensor error on my screen, it took off higher than it supposed to be.. And I'm sad
2019-3-23
Use props
Benjamin Strain
New

Australia

I've been grounded from getting the camera sensor. I've contacted support and am running the latest app, firmware, etc. This became particularly difficult as while attempting to update the firmware after app un/re/installing, the drone powered down interrupting the process. Consequently Tello won't stay powered on long enough, even with a fully charged battery, to complete the update. While awaiting contact follow online supports escalation, I did manage to get the update completed this evening. My hopes of finally restoring normal functioning to the poor poor Tello were dashed though, upon being greeted with the same blank screen with error message after reconnect the drone via Wi-Fi after updating.
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules