675 12 2018-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Having updated yesterday to the latest available ver. of GO4 app, (Android), I noticed in flight my Mavic Air prompting temperature below 15ºC and restricting engine power.
Quite weird message, I know what it is as saw it before on my P4P when flying at -25ºC or winter conditions.
But, yesterday, we had a perfect sunny day with +23ºC and wonder why or if is related with hte new udate... Yes , it was a bit windy (6-7 m/s) but, still, the wind chill temperature was well above 15ºC !!!!
The message, in the given conditions was annoying and bit stupid, what is concerning me more is restricting the engines' power when flying in windy conditions...
2018-5-19
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

you would think that if the conditions are windy, they would allow engines to operate at full power!  
2018-5-20
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

3-D Posted at 2018-5-20 04:47
you would think that if the conditions are windy, they would allow engines to operate at full power!

I hope so, but quite unsure, because the low temperature alert triggers a lower power output in order to protect the battery. And the temperature when flown was well above + 20ºC...
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-5-20
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-20 18:14
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!

Hi Diana,
I don't have a screenshot with the error message as this appeared during flight and I was not recording the screen at that time...
It was saying temperature was below -15ºC and, for safety reasons, reduced the engine power.
Flying at +23ºC...

Don't know if this message remained recorded in the flight log, perhaps can be retrieved from there...
2018-5-20
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-20 18:14

Hi, again,
please find attached the screenshot as required.
Both baterry's and ambient temperature were well above 22ºC during the whole flight, before and after...We have summer here now...
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

15matjan Posted at 2018-5-20 18:50
Hi, again,
Both baterry's and ambient temperature were well above 22ºC during the whole flight, before and after...We have summer here now...

Hi, I'm sorry to reply you late. Thank you for providing the screenshot, may I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? If not, please try to refresh the firmware again to check if it fixes or not. At the same time, please try the flight in different locations. Hope everything will be fine soon.
2018-5-23
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 00:08
Hi, I'm sorry to reply you late. Thank you for providing the screenshot, may I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? If not, please try to refresh the firmware again to check if it fixes or not. At the same time, please try the flight in different locations. Hope everything will be fine soon.

Hi,  answering your question, Thanks God, my drone had no previous incident, even less, any crash...
This weird error message appeared after updating DJI GO4 app on Android, when you suggest refreshing the FW, I assume your suggestion is for the DJI Go4 app...
2018-5-23
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I even got message said I am in no fly zone. But I am sure it’s not no fly zone and confirmed by the map on app. Funny thing is it allow me takeoff without any problem. But I land quickly and change to few meters away for safety. No message after changed location.
2018-5-23
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

GDL Posted at 2018-5-23 01:24
I even got message said I am in no fly zone. But I am sure it’s not no fly zone and confirmed by the map on app. Funny thing is it allow me takeoff without any problem. But I land quickly and change to few meters away for safety. No message after changed location.

I think I have to agree with you GDL. After updating, I made only two flights in two different locations and for both I got messages about restricted (D class) airspace. For one of it I may agree, but for the other sounded quite weird to me as I know well that area and should be no restriction there. I'll have a check in the following days on the official airmaps of that area and also I'll try to fly in areas I'm definitely sure there is no restriction...see what happens...
2018-5-23
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

15matjan Posted at 2018-5-20 18:50
Hi, again,

Me do have the same problem (occasional). FW 4.14., 4.16
2018-5-23
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you perhaps before flying left the battery in the aircondition in the car? Because that could lower the bat temperature. I had this once  too.
2018-5-23
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-5-23 22:08
Did you perhaps before flying left the battery in the aircondition in the car? Because that could lower the bat temperature. I had this once  too.

Do you lower car's AC below 15ºC temperature ??? I don't.  My batteries traveled at ambient temperature 20-23 ºC...
I didn't use any freezer either...

Last but not least, the message didn't appeared at the beginning of the flight (as usually does in conditions of cold batteries), but when I was flying, about 7 or 8 minutes later. Which sounds me as a bug message, I can live with it, provided it really does not affect the engine's power as it stated...

By the way, I wouldn't suggest to anyone to attempt putting in extreme changing temperature conditions the Li batteries (from very hot to very cold or vice-versa)...
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules