715 12 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Being quite uneasy to extract the SD card from a MA (yes, I know the trick with adhesive tape sticked to the SD but I found it unreliable and with high risk to break the slot's contacts), I wonder or suggest if any future FW could consider the possibility to download the files via onboard C-USB port and connected cable with the aircraft turned off.
Actually, one has to turn it on, with the consequently arms depletion, take off the gimbal cover, etc. Unnecessary foldings and unfoldings increasing equipment's wear and decreasing durability...
2018-5-20
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fully agree!
It's a pain having to turn it on just to transfer files.... Dogs go mad and as you say you have to unfold the legs as well...  I have a set of tweezers in my case to handle the card...

Ian
2018-5-20
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Agree with Wellsi tweezers have worked the best for me as well.
2018-5-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Count me in as well... And also, please no crazy blinking light when hooked up to the PC. This is a simple, daily task; not an emergency...
2018-5-20
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-20 01:00
Agree with Wellsi tweezers have worked the best for me as well.

I've got a set of tweezers in my camera bag for this sort of thing.  Luckily, i also have a thumbnail, so i'm able to get the card our easily.  I only had to power up the drone once to get the files that were stored on the internal storage.
2018-5-20
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Couldn’t agree more!
2018-5-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Have you looked into the Seagate DJI HDD?
2018-5-20
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

What they should do is let you transfer files via WIFI. That seems like a no-brainer to me. No reason DJI can't do that.
2018-5-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-5-20 15:56
What they should do is let you transfer files via WIFI. That seems like a no-brainer to me. No reason DJI can't do that.

so many possibilities..  that its almost comical dji has not tried something interesting yet.   

what about wireless dock that would be cool, could be a showpiece for your desk and a transfer station..

2018-5-20
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

Wireless for huge files may take too long.
USB C is capable of 10 Gbps. It is mind boggling that the Air cannot act as a mass storage device when it is not powered.
2018-5-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What they should do is let you transfer files via WIFI.

^^ That ^^ should be an option.  

Assuming Read speed of microSD card is defintively faster than WiFi connection, you can always remove microSD card and read it directly with your computer.
2018-5-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-5-20 17:34
Wireless for huge files may take too long.
USB C is capable of 10 Gbps. It is mind boggling that the Air cannot act as a mass storage device when it is not powered.

True.  However, bottleneck is going to be speed of microSD card.
2018-5-20
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-20 18:09
True.  However, bottleneck is going to be speed of microSD card.

I still don’t get it why DJI does not use the existing USB C port that is already there!
Having to properly power the Air requires too many steps and then it leaves you with a half way depleted battery that needs to be recharged before going out to the field.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules