1724 12 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WZiolkowski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75928 ft
Poland

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I was flying my Mavic Air in the countryside. I had the latest version of the app and all firmware was up to date. When the drone was about 720m away from me it suddenly disconnected with the remote controller, what resulted in automatic RTH. Before it disconnected I didn't have any issues with the connection, the video feed was crystal clear and without any lags, I also didn't recieve any kind of warning regarding weak signal or interference. It just cut off and the controller didn't reconnect, even when the drone was just few meters from me.

Due to the complete lack of control over the drone when it was landing I was unable to prevent the crash that occured, luckily no one got hurt, and the drone made it with one prop broken and few scratches on the body.

The flight record from the DJI GO app stops exactly when signal was lost and the rest of the flight is not visible there, I uploaded it to the PhantomHelp -> http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JJVBGD3XEVO1F2NO0SCG/
I also tried to decode the .DAT files from the drone to find out what happened but with no luck.

Has anyone here experienced similar issue? Do you have any idea how to reconnect the drone to the controller in case something like this happens again?

2018-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You might need to explain a little more regarding landing, your drone on lost connection with RC will go to RTH mode and should fly back to homepoint, it shouldn’t crash land but automatically land at or very near the take off and recorded launch spot, so how did it manage to crash land. At 750 metres unless you were flying against the wind then it should have made it home.
But flying into the wind may have caused battery to drain and crash land, but only you can tell us that.
2018-5-20
Use props
WZiolkowski
lvl.1
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-20 02:09
You might need to explain a little more regarding landing, your drone on lost connection with RC will go to RTH mode and should fly back to homepoint, it shouldn’t crash land but automatically land at or very near the take off and recorded launch spot, so how did it manage to crash land. At 750 metres unless you were flying against the wind then it should have made it home.
But flying into the wind may have caused battery to drain and crash land, but only you can tell us that.

It landed about 2m away from the start location with over 50% battery, I was launching it from a table in a garden and during automatic landing it missed the table and one of the props hit the edge of the chair. The landing protection was off because I always preferred to land it manually so the bottom sensors couldn't detect that the location is not suitable for landing. I have no problem with the drone crashing due to sensors being off because that's totally my fault, I only wander why I couldn't restore connection with it in any way so I could save it and land manually.
2018-5-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Upload your flight log here using this link and after uploading post that link here
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-5-20
Use props
WZiolkowski
lvl.1
Poland

Suren Posted at 2018-5-20 02:52
Upload your flight log here using this link and after uploading post that link here
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Already done that, the link is in my 1st message - http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JJVBGD3XEVO1F2NO0SCG/
2018-5-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

WZiolkowski Posted at 2018-5-20 02:56
Already done that, the link is in my 1st message - http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JJVBGD3XEVO1F2NO0SCG/

My bad         
2018-5-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

2018-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WZiolkowski Posted at 2018-5-20 02:17
It landed about 2m away from the start location with over 50% battery, I was launching it from a table in a garden and during automatic landing it missed the table and one of the props hit the edge of the chair. The landing protection was off because I always preferred to land it manually so the bottom sensors couldn't detect that the location is not suitable for landing. I have no problem with the drone crashing due to sensors being off because that's totally my fault, I only wander why I couldn't restore connection with it in any way so I could save it and land manually.

Not sure why it didn’t reconnect , but homepoint can be up to 3 metres out particularly if you take off with limited gps, MavAir must also rise to 7 metres ground underneath must be distinguishable also with good texture and good light, but it should have regained connection can’t help you there and as you can see log doesn’t show after disconnect.
2018-5-20
Use props
URSetFree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16568 ft
United States

WZiolkowski Posted at 2018-5-20 02:56

@WZiolkowski did you end up getting this covered under warranty? My Mavic Pro disconnected from the app mid-flight, I lost complete control with the remote and it started behaving wildly and flew itself into a tree. I know this is a well-documented issue, however, DJI is claiming that I was responsible for the damage and they still refuse to warrant their faulty product.

Original post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-147778-1-1.html
2018-5-23
Use props
WZiolkowski
lvl.1
Poland

URSetFree Posted at 2018-5-23 20:12
@WZiolkowski did you end up getting this covered under warranty? My Mavic Pro disconnected from the app mid-flight, I lost complete control with the remote and it started behaving wildly and flew itself into a tree. I know this is a well-documented issue, however, DJI is claiming that I was responsible for the damage and they still refuse to warrant their faulty product.

Original post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-147778-1-1.html

I didn't send the drone for the repair because it's perfectly fine, only with little scratches on the back. I only asked them for the data analysis of the .DAT file pulled from the drone in order to determine the reason of the lost connection and why the drone didn't reconnect with the controller as it was coming back and landing and the repsonse that I recieved was:

>Please understand that we can not make analysis of the flight for each connection problem.
>If this connection Problem happen in the future you should send in your airline that we can analyse the data.

I'm planning to do some long-range testing over the next few days in order to recreate the scenario in which connection was lost, if this happens again then it's definitely fault of the drone/controller and it needs to be replaced.
2018-5-24
Use props
lpolanco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375177 ft
Dominican Republic

WZiolkowski Posted at 2018-5-24 09:58
I didn't send the drone for the repair because it's perfectly fine, only with little scratches on the back. I only asked them for the data analysis of the .DAT file pulled from the drone in order to determine the reason of the lost connection and why the drone didn't reconnect with the controller as it was coming back and landing and the repsonse that I recieved was:

>Please understand that we can not make analysis of the flight for each connection problem.

I been having issues with  my Mavic lately, Aircraft Disconnected is quite common while flying what have not been common is that  the Mavic  wanted to land immediately when disconnected not even try to go home (go 30 feet then go home) when that happens the controller display Sys Err Chk App, it has happen to me twice already.
Imagine me trying to catch my Mavic trying to land in the middle of a lake. Thanks god it was in a not too deep area, and I could enter the lake and catch it before landed, also because it waited 3 feet hovering over the water 1 full minute before it attempted to land.

The second time I was not lucky!! it happened again lost signal, aircraft disconnected from app then from RC (while display SYS WARNING+CHECK APP) the aircraft land it directly in the middle of a river. I was not even far (15 mts)  my mavic drowned!! I could take it out and recover the flight data and black box... now I need to know HOW DO I KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED??
the log appears to be all right:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6CIF35Q11NC51UBSNKZJ/
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Had a quick look at your flightrecord ; in the beginning of your flight you had a 46 sec lost connection.
But you say you had not any issue with the connecting before loosing it at 720 meters.

Cannot figure out what happend in that 46 sec and why not a RTH was triggered.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2018-5-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

lpolanco@kanter Posted at 2018-5-29 09:07
I been having issues with  my Mavic lately, Aircraft Disconnected is quite common while flying what have not been common is that  the Mavic  wanted to land immediately when disconnected not even try to go home (go 30 feet then go home) when that happens the controller display Sys Err Chk App, it has happen to me twice already.
Imagine me trying to catch my Mavic trying to land in the middle of a lake. Thanks god it was in a not too deep area, and I could enter the lake and catch it before landed, also because it waited 3 feet hovering over the water 1 full minute before it attempted to land.

Hi,

See my chart below. In your flight log no disconnection data. What i see is very low flying at the end with flying down, mayby flying into the water?

In the beginning if the flight VPS heigt stopped indicating at 1.4 meter, wich is way below what it should do. (over water flying may give incorrect values)At the end VPS height indicates nothing.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules