Problem with brand new Mavic Pro - Lens or Sensor?
1391 7 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 928842 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi,

I have a brand new Mavic Pro (it's the second that I have) and in my second flight I noticed a circular shadow on my video.

I thought that I had my lens dirty, but after much cleaning I still have the same problem.

I don't know if this is a problem with the sensor or some dirt inside the lens cap.

Can you help on this? Should I return it to DJI? The time to return it to Amazon has already gone (The drone has less than 2 months).

This is the video to show the problem:

Thanks for your help.

2018-5-20
Use props
Captain Mal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

To me, that almost looks like dust on the image sensor, not the lens. That's what it looks like on my DSLR when the sensor inside the camera needs cleaning.
2018-5-20
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

There is a dust grit on the sensor when you have a donut in your image. Generally DJI is very careless/bad when they collect their cameras as it happens often.   

I would start a case at DJI if it was my drone.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-20
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I agree, spec of dust on the sensor.  If you just got the MP return it to where you bought it, otherwise contact DJI.  The one thing I don't like is that if you return your brand new MP to DJI you may get a refurbished one back.  
2018-5-20
Use props
lmc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Far_North Posted at 2018-5-20 06:52
I agree, spec of dust on the sensor.  If you just got the MP return it to where you bought it, otherwise contact DJI.  The one thing I don't like is that if you return your brand new MP to DJI you may get a refurbished one back.

My time window has just expired (Amazon). Where should I call DJI? Online support? Thanks.
2018-5-20
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely dust on sensor. I'm kinda surprised that it would show up with Mavic Pro's f/2.2 aperture. These typically are more evident at smaller like f/16 aperture (on cameras with adjustable aperture).

Anyway, this requires a trip to DJI since one cannot clean MP's sensor.
2018-5-20
Use props
lmc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Anyone know how can I send the drone to DJI? I'm in Portugal but I have bought it from Amazon.DE (Germany). Thanks.
2018-5-21
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules