Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Telemetry Data Validity with loss of Video
789 6 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft

Since video is on 2.4ghz and ac control is on 5.8 and one can have control of p3S after loosing video, is telemetry still valid? i.e. is telemetry data( distance, heigth, etc) on the 5.8ghz with the control? I have flown to video loss several litmes, but cannot rermmeber if I was still getting telelmetry. If video is lost, can you still fly from the map, assuming telelmetry comes from 5.8 stream. Thanks
2018-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

May I know what drone you are using?
2018-5-31
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

I think that Stuka uses a P3 Standard.
2018-5-31
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4

Yes a Standard in this case.
2018-6-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Telemetery comes from the FPV signal - 2.4 ghz.  

On my P2 Vision series, both FPV and telemetry go out at the same time due to signal weakness/loss.  The telemetry data freezes and so does the image and so is not current.  When I'm back in range, both usually come back.  Sometimes the telemetry is intermittent for a few secs meaning some data updates and some doesn't.  This is due to signal weakness and is also reflected in the log.  Sometimes the FPV will not come back meaning FPV has crashed, but telemetery will return and work.  Other times it's vice versa - FPV returns but telemetry doesn't, but that's rare.  I don't think I've ever had both telemetry and FPV crash and not return, although I've had the app crash.  However, some Androids (e.g. Nvidia Shield K1) sometimes won't automatically reconnect with the Phantom's wifi because it thinks it's undesireable since it is not internet.  So you're sitting there waiting for the 2.4 to come back and it never does.  You have to go to the wifi setting of your Android and connect to the Phantom's wifi manually.  After you do that, it will always reconnect automatically on that flight.  

Good luck
2018-6-1
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4

Thanks. Always nice to know how these things work.
2018-6-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My pleasure

The consensus is the telemetry is placed within the channel of the video signal which would have otherwise been used for audio.

Good luck
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules