Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH from boat problem solved!!!
1343 4 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>

This is continuation from a post I started(see "Lost spark from boat......") trying to figure out how to fly the spark from a moving boat and not have it RTH to take off point.

Now, I don't know if anyone has posted this here or on You Tube etc, if so, I haven't seen it!!

What I did, on land, was take off with HP recorded, walked and flew 150 yards or so, opened menu screen, hit RC home point again and reset HP.  Manually hit RTH button and it came to my current point.  So to avoid it going into smart RTH with low bat keep updating your HP as you travel then it won't trigger RTH so early, and if it does, you it won't be going very far till you cancel RTH and take over flight.  FYI, if you're a mile or so away from take off point without updating HP it will trigger RTH at about 60% bat left.

There ya have it!!  Go boating with your spark!!

Bolton
2018-5-20
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could you not just use dynamic home point? Not tried it myself but pretty sure it updates as you move so you won't need to manually keep doing that!
2018-5-20
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>

Frank, that only works in active track.  Not when you are free flying.  Now, don't know about how the updating of the lat and long's would work after you exit active track.  But me personally will be doing more free flying than active track.  Bolton
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Bolton, if you update the Homepoint on a Boat, the boat will move some meters even if stationary with an Anchor due to the Water Currents.

I suggest doing your procedure - BUT - Landing the Drone in Manual Mode. Don't use RTH !

Your suggestion is good, so that the Drone wont fly back to where you started. But I dont suggest using EVERY RTH when you are on a Boat, as it can land in the sea, as the GPS Homepoint may be in the Sea, if the boat moves slightly or turns around the anchor - Drifts Clockwise / AntiClockwise. I won't risk it.

When on a boat is will be using Spark Floating Kit just in case something goes wrong. At least I can recover my drone.

What you think Buddy ?

2018-5-21
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>

No You're right!  I was suggesting using RTH at all for landing.  I always hand catch!!  Don't know if you read the other thread or not, but my friend lost my drone when it went into RTH at 60% bat left when he was a mile away from take off point.  I told him what was going to happen but something went wrong on the cancellation process.  I do/will do a lot of boat flying, so I'm trying to prevent this and make it easier.

Don't know about the float thing.  On the spark being so small, seems to me it would hamper flight characteristics quite a bit.  The one's I've seen for the phantom are a joke!

Bolton
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules