Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How a shop get Mavic air blurry image fix (not mine)
1894 5 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Yesterday i passed by drone shop in my area to see how they fix drone, amazingly one customer has his drone being fixed camera blurry (MA). Luckily, shop owner allowed me to capture some images and i share with you now. I want to say that with fixed focus sensor like P4, MA, Spark... If image blurry, only explanation is lens misaligned and need to be recalibrate or replace one. If you have warranty then should change a new one soon. Another thing is number of MA get bad lens alignment much higher compared with others. DJI QA needs improve soon.
20180519_133951.jpg
20180519_133826.jpg
20180519_153125.jpg
2018-5-20
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, that's also the impression I've got of Mavic Air's camera after seeing many pictures / videos. My neighbor's brand new MA has also been sent in for repair because of the same "disease".

Regards Leif.
2018-5-21
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Doesn't exactly looks like a sterile work environment!

People used to have to do this with the Phantom 3's, since they have fixed focus lenses too.
2018-5-21
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Yup, in Vietnam we did not have any official warranty of DJI, we have to find places like these. Wish they open one soon. Spend a lot of risky money just hope we did not get the bad products but you know... One in thousands... Have no other choices instead DJI should improve their quality assurance fast to reduce minimum defects like this. By the way, owners of drone store has told me that most of MA with defective lens are white color.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for sharing your experience.
2018-5-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

dancopter Posted at 2018-5-21 00:36

People used to have to do this with the Phantom 3's, since they have fixed focus lenses too.

Similary thoughts.  However, when you consider even real (full-frame professional) DSLR cameras' sesnors are from time to time (when lens is off and mirror flipped up) it's not so bad.
They make specialized kits for cleaninng DSLR camera's sensors.  In most cases you are cleaning a glass plate that cover's the sensor.  Even still, it requires very delicate and soft brushes.  Want real fun (not)?   Try getting silicon grease off of camera's sensor that was flipped onto sensor by camera's mirror flip-up/down system.

2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules