New P4 V2.0
726 10 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trooper1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26611 ft
United States

Can I expect the new P4 V2.0 to be able to do mapping missions, controlled by the Map Pilot or Litchi apps, same as the P4 pro?
2018-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Of course you can.
It's the same drone with only minor changes
Just get the regular P4 pro and not the + version.
ps .. Litchi isn't much use for mapping.
2018-5-20
Use props
trooper1
lvl.3
United States

Labroides, Thank you for your prompt comment. I'm advising a gov agency on purchase of a complete P4 package and have not had time for a detailed study or flight demo of the V2.0. I know not to recommend the + model. This agency uses both Map Pilot and Litchi.  Litchi may be necessary since I've not been able to determine how to fly "minus" altitude missions with either DJI GO or Map Pilot. We need to be able to fly missions in valleys well below our launch/home points located along roads on ridges above.  Apparently, Litchi allows minus altitudes.
2018-5-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does not work with Litchi at all.
2018-5-21
Use props
trooper1
lvl.3
United States

Brian, thank you so much for your tip. I'm the lead pilot for a  gov UAS program. I can't take chances on  new models, so, based on your comment, I'm recommending my agency forget purchasing the V2.0 & stay with the model we know, the P4 Pro. Too bad DJI, you just lost a sale! I don't have much trust for these Phantoms as it is, with all of the DJI politically correct flight locks the recent firmware has. I really urge DJI to quit trying to make their products politically correct; I doubtt the P4s for sale in China have all this nonsense. No wonder I saw a P4 V2.0 for sale on amazon used for $500. Thank you again Brian!
2018-5-21
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-5-21 13:55
It does not work with Litchi at all.

Can you explain in more detail?   First i have read of it.
2018-5-21
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Really it's probably not a big deal litchi just has to update their SDK to work with the new Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0.... it always happens when the new DJI aircraft comes out....guarantee it will be supported. So yes right now might not work, but I'm sure it will in the next month.
2018-5-21
Use props
trooper1
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Jimmy. I agree with you that shortly it will be worked out. However, this is a good opportunity for my agency to save some money by just purchasing the older P4. It's the pain in the neck we know.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your attention. We will release on our website as soon as the SDK of P4P V2.0 is available.
2018-5-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-21 22:55
Thanks for your attention. We will release on our website as soon as the SDK of P4P V2.0 is available.

Is there a reason things like this and the firmware for the goggles to work aren't done in advance of the release of the drone?
2018-5-22
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-5-21 18:16
Really it's probably not a big deal litchi just has to update their SDK to work with the new Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0.... it always happens when the new DJI aircraft comes out....guarantee it will be supported. So yes right now might not work, but I'm sure it will in the next month.

Litchi told me they expect the SDK to take a while, so months might be correct.
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules