Why some customers can't update
1786 6 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dposea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

I'm guessing that anyone who hasn't updated thier P4 foirmware recently is not going to be able to update now. And there are no choiuces for revert. The only thing I have not tried is a DJI OTG adapter. I don't think I ver had one. My P4 is old, and suddenly the controller can't detect battery voltage any more. I'm scared to put my main board in the oven (another thread), but I did check under a microscope and the and the CW2015 chip looks ok.

The upgrade error log seems to indicate that the size of the config array has changed, but that that is ok. I attached it.

i foun several P4 Pro main controllerboards for sale for $90. Can i replace my RC board with the Prp one, or buy a new board if they let me. i just built a drop release but can't fly.  i'm thinking about using my Convergence vtol to drop a fishing line. Im living on the beach right now and drone fishing is required. It has to happen Can I buy a $90 controller main board instead of a $320 controller?

I also noticed in the log many RNDIS references. That tells me you do need an OTG cable to upgrade, and you cant find one in a store. What is the difference between usb 2.0 mini and the OTG adapter? My usb C cable for my phone seems to work at least sometimes, but may not be fully OTG compliant.

Who else has no charging RC or can't update? Can anyone offer some advice other than try it again? Cmon dji, you guys are better than this.

2018_05_21@01_29_24.log.zip

7.48 KB, Down times: 2

2018-5-20
Use props
dposea
lvl.2
United States

can't upgrade

I've tried everything, older versioms, RC on and off. Here is the latest upgrade log. It fails right after downloading. I'm going to try an iphone in a little while. DJI GO 4 Android doesn't work, and I'msure I now have the RC on the wrong version for the AC. RC is on 1.8.0, the AC version is in the log file.

2018_05_22@02_17_45.zip

4.42 KB, Down times: 2

2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The upgrade files have been forwarded to our engineers for analysis, we'll keep follow up.
2018-5-21
Use props
ovlovv70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26020 ft

Cannot check a chip under a microscope .The problem is the underside of the chip has a metal bottom that makes contact with the main board to check battery.You have to reflow this one component.I have explained this many times before and in most cases this works.
2018-5-22
Use props
dposea
lvl.2
United States

I was able to update my P4 with dji assistent 1.2.0. There was an update to dji go 4, and it tried to upgrade my RC, but failed at 35%. So did the IOS version. I'm looking for an older dji go 4 app now.
2018-5-23
Use props
dposea
lvl.2
United States

The latest version of dji go 4 will attempt to upgrade the RC IF it has not failed already. If it has the version shows as current and no update occurs. You can revert to an older version and try again.

Both android and iOS apps fail to upgrade my rc, stopping at 35%. Is there an upgrade log I can send you?
2018-5-23
Use props
dposea
lvl.2
United States

I forgot to say that the light on the RC stays white now. No blue light or red light at all. Is there a way to force the rc into  update mode?
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules