Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi and DJI Enhanced Warning Zones
9931 11 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S t e f a n
First Officer
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>

Hi,

DJI Enhanced Warning Zones can be unlocked without an internet connection, at least according to the DJI description, I have never tried it myself:
Enhanced warning zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.

Does anyone have experience with it and does it really work so unproblematically?

But now to my more important question.
How does Litchi behave here? Can I fly with Litchi in such a zone? Can Litchi even unlock such a zone? Or they may simply be ignored.

2018-5-21
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

I cannot help you with Litchi but with the first part of your question. See screenshot below.
I entered an 'Enhanced Warning Zone', in this case a 3km zone around a (shut down) nuclear power plant.
You just have to check the box on the right and confirm. No internet connection needed.
Enhanced Warning Zone.jpg
2018-5-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I've never unlocked a zone using the Go app.  I've unlocked an enhanced (green) zone from my desktop though and then flown with the Go app.  Good for three days.  It works.  And I've unlocked an authorization (yellow) zone from my desktop too.  It seems to work although I haven't tested it.  

If you unlock from your desktop, you could then fly with Litchi.  But I think you'd be required to at least start up the system with the Go app and an internet connection first so as to allow the no fly zone map which is installed within the AC to be updated.  

Good luck.  
2018-5-21
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>

If that were really so, I could also unlock the dji app and then switch to litchi. Unfortunately, the next Enhanced Warning Zones for testing is very far away. Otherwise, I'd just try it out for myself.
Perhaps there is more experience?
I also wrote to Litchi Support and am still waiting for an answer.
2018-5-21
Use props
Eric13
Captain
  • >>>

S t e f a n Posted at 2018-5-21 05:44
If that were really so, I could also unlock the dji app and then switch to litchi. Unfortunately, the next Enhanced Warning Zones for testing is very far away. Otherwise, I'd just try it out for myself.
Perhaps there is more experience?
I also wrote to Litchi Support and am still waiting for an answer.

I tested this for you. I live in a Warning Zone AND Enhanced Warning Zone.
It seems to me Litchi doesn't know these green warning zones as defined by DJI.

Upon start up of the motors I got the warning in the Go4 app.
Then I shut down drone and RC and killed the Go4 app.
Then I started drone/RC/Litchi.

With Litchi theres was no message. I lifted it up a bit, still nothing.
I hope this helps!
Go4.jpg
Litchi.jpg
2018-5-21
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>

That's super awesome of you Eric!!! I owe you one. This really helps me a lot.

In many countries the DJI NFZ is covered with Enhanced Warning Zone. Unfortunately, this is completely inconsistent with the reality of official airspace. The red zones (Restricted Zones) and yellow (Authorization Zones) are completely OK. But the green Enhanced Warning Zones make no sense.

Thanks again!
Stephen
2018-5-21
Use props
Eric13
Captain
  • >>>

S t e f a n Posted at 2018-5-21 10:07
That's super awesome of you Eric!!! I owe you one. This really helps me a lot.

In many countries the DJI NFZ is covered with Enhanced Warning Zone. Unfortunately, this is completely inconsistent with the reality of official airspace. The red zones (Restricted Zones) and yellow (Authorization Zones) are completely OK. But the green Enhanced Warning Zones make no sense.

You are welcome, Stefan!
Are you by any chance from Germany (looking at the spelling of your name)?

Doesn't matter:
Greetings from Hamburg, Germany!
2018-5-21
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>

Ja, ich bin aus Süddeutschland :-)
In Deutschland sind die erweiterten grünen Zonen im Durchmesser und Zweck in Ordnung, meistens zumindest.
Aber im Ausland ist es echt schlimm, mache Länder sind damit an die 70% zugedeckt ohne das es dafür einen wirklichen Grund gibt.
Nicht selten hat solch eine Zone einen Durchmesser von 150 km! DJI setzt auch gerne auch noch weitere Kreise mit weiteren 150 km nebeneinander.Norwegen wiederum ist das Gegenbeispiel, weit und breit fast keine DJI Zone und damit leider auch wieder falsch in der Darstellung.

2018-5-21
Use props
Eric13
Captain
  • >>>

Ok - greetings from the county of Fishheads to Lederhosen empire ;-)
I think these green DJI zones are an extra precaution from DJI side and nothing that should lock you down...

Best  Eric13
2018-5-21
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I have not used Litchi so i hope that the solution from Eric work for you.
I also live where DJI has filled the whole area up with those EWZ's and can confirm that a check+confirmation allow the flight without any connections to the outside. Two problems with this system, 1) it first ask for accept when the aircraft takes off, 2) when crossing from one EWZ to another a new prompt turn up in the middle of the flight, i sometimes fly a borders of more than three blobs resulting in very insecure flight when those confirmation boxes pop up!
It seem that the acceptance will be remembered for 24 hours but i am unsure how/where as lately i have suspected it comes each time i use a specific battery even i have just been flying on other bat the same place.

The good question here if it is needed to be unlocked with GO4 as Eric showed for Litchi to fly and your mission enters another EWZ during flight then what happen?
2018-5-21
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I also wrote to Litchi Support a few days ago.  Here's the answer:
------
Hi,

With Litchi, you can fly in enhanced warning zones and warning zones without doing anything.
For other zones, you have to unlock in DJI Go, then you can fly with Litchi too (but only manual flights/take offs).

Kind Regards,
Litchi
------'

I use Litchi for Waypoint and POI (no round courses) flights.  Probably I would only use Litchi because of the enhanced warning zones.  This is simply less problematic, especially if you have several zones next to each other.
2018-5-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Thanks for passing on the info
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules