Its a dead Spark falling from the Sky!!! Battery mechanism fault?
1782 16 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I was flying my Spark this was the 5th or so flight, It just dropped dead in the Air with plenty of battery, nothing unusal in the weather... Luckily it fell on very long grass, so I managed to rescue the Spark, (after 20 minutes searching!), but found it without the battery, My suspession is that the battery somehow gone lose in the air, and fell off... Never managed to recover the Battery!....

Anyone else feels the Battery mechanisum is bad? not as strong as it should?
I feel so nervouse now flying it, as I really don't want it to fall on grounds (and claim from the DJI Care) but also in case people below it, or water and then it is gone for ever... this lack of confidence in the hardware makes it a really bad drone for me (I have moved from other drones, and never had this issue, been flying Drones since Parrot AR Drone Version 1 !.

2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Always to a PreFLight Checklist Buddy -

https://forum.dji.com/thread-147312-1-1.html

2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I always check that the Battery is Secure + Bought some Battery Retainers to be Safe that the Battery won't pop out during the flight.

2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're so sorry to hear the accident. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support If the drone is still under warranty period, data analysis will be arranged to check the exact status and we will offer you a proper solution according to the analysis result.
2018-5-21
Use props
fans1e4ef82e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33504 ft
United States

The same happen to me last night but felt in the water what do I do?
2018-5-21
Use props
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-21 04:55
We're so sorry to hear the accident. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support If the drone is still under warranty period, data analysis will be arranged to check the exact status and we will offer you a proper solution according to the analysis result.

The drone is not really damaged as it fell on tall grass, the issue is Why did it fall like that, and what happened to the battery? My technical assumption (I am a VP in computers ;)) is that the battery disconnected and unlatched mid air! Because it is possible to have a week latching system. I don't really want to send the Drone back, can you get the info from anything else? I have flown the drone again since...
2018-5-21
Use props
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-21 04:41
Always to a PreFLight Checklist Buddy -

https://forum.dji.com/thread-147312-1-1.html

I did, I have been flying them since parrot AR Drone Version 1 (7 years ago!)!  this is the first I had an issue with.
2018-5-21
Use props
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-21 04:43
I always check that the Battery is Secure + Bought some Battery Retainers to be Safe that the Battery won't pop out during the flight.

[view_image]

The fact these are selling, maybe indicate that there is an issue with the design ? hmmmm
2018-5-21
Use props
fans1e4ef82e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33504 ft
United States

The fact that battery retainers are being sold is definitely a signs there is an issue with the design also the production of a “new” battery’  This is really upsetting
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Fad-Star Posted at 2018-5-21 05:24
The drone is not really damaged as it fell on tall grass, the issue is Why did it fall like that, and what happened to the battery? My technical assumption (I am a VP in computers ;)) is that the battery disconnected and unlatched mid air! Because it is possible to have a week latching system. I don't really want to send the Drone back, can you get the info from anything else? I have flown the drone again since...

Dear Fad-Star,

First of all Welcome to this Forum Mate !

Again you are 100% Correct, most probably its the Latches, it popped out mid-air causing the Drop due to a NO Power Source.

Thank God it fell on the Grass Mate !

BTW I at College I used to learn Computer Programming / IT here too.

2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Fad-Star Posted at 2018-5-21 05:24

Hi, Fadstar. I am sorry to hear on what happened to your aircraft. I understand that you do not want to send in the unit and you were able to fly it again. But, I still highly recommend to send in the unit so that our repair team will be able to check if there are some internal damage/s after that incident. Also, our repair team will be able to check/review the reason why it was fall suddenly while it was on flight. You may click on this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index to submit the request for a repair.
2018-5-21
Use props
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-21 07:09
Dear Fad-Star,

First of all Welcome to this Forum Mate !

Hello Mate,  
good for you, good industry for sure... Yes, I think it is the latches for sure...  Unfortuatly, when something like this happens, your confident in the drone drops... which is the major concern now, as I really don't want to fly it anywhere further than 30 meters from me Just in case it falls again!
Good luck with College / Uni
2018-5-22
Use props
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-21 12:09
Hi, Fadstar. I am sorry to hear on what happened to your aircraft. I understand that you do not want to send in the unit and you were able to fly it again. But, I still highly recommend to send in the unit so that our repair team will be able to check if there are some internal damage/s after that incident. Also, our repair team will be able to check/review the reason why it was fall suddenly while it was on flight. You may click on this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index to submit the request for a repair.

Hi Guys, okay I will start the process, and go back to my Bebop for flying while being "processed" The issue I think is combination of some batteries and some Drones.. I will send this soon, and see how well this service is!
Thanks
Fadi
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Fad-Star Posted at 2018-5-22 03:14
Hi Guys, okay I will start the process, and go back to my Bebop for flying while being "processed" The issue I think is combination of some batteries and some Drones.. I will send this soon, and see how well this service is!
Thanks
Fadi

Fadi, our engineers will take care of your drone when it arrives, hope everything goes smoothly, if you need any assistance during this process, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-5-22
Use props
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 5-21 04:55

Why is is so hard to find support to get my Spark fixed under Care Refresh... Going to the above site is a MAZE...
2018-11-22
Use props
Fad-Star
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-22 03:37
Fadi, our engineers will take care of your drone when it arrives, hope everything goes smoothly, if you need any assistance during this process, please don't hesitate to let us know.

It has been a maze to find how to return my Spark, been collecting dust, but I need to send it back for review and check up, as I am not happy with it's performance. Where is a link to start this process? /Support is NOT good enough, as it leads you through million of unrelated links! why not a simple "Request support under DJI Care Refresh?"
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Fad-Star Posted at 11-22 06:10
It has been a maze to find how to return my Spark, been collecting dust, but I need to send it back for review and check up, as I am not happy with it's performance. Where is a link to start this process? /Support is NOT good enough, as it leads you through million of unrelated links! why not a simple "Request support under DJI Care Refresh?"

Hi Fad-Star, sorry about the difficulties. If you would like to request a replacement claim under DJI Care Refresh, please fill out a repair case online click here and wait for the shipping label then ship the unit back to the repair center.
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules