Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The new gimbal protect fromDJI?
1425 20 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sica
First Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

A few days ago I ordered and received from DJI '' gimbal protect ''. The original one broke after a small accident without damaging the camera / drone. But just today I noticed that the new original! - gimbal protect has the ventilation slot! The original one I received with MP did not have it! .. I was thinking about doing them .. by cutting / cutting as I saw youtube. So it seems that you are allowed to fly a MP with a '' gimbal protect '' without the risk of getting warm.
rsz_20180521_182853_hdr.jpg
2018-5-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thats interesting              
2018-5-21
Use props
Koelkop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

Cooling might be an added bonus, but the rubber protection dome fits in that slot.

2018-5-21
Use props
sica
First Officer
Israel

I repeat myself! I did not make the ventilation slot! That's what I got from DJI. It is very useful in flight, not when the drones are in the box! The administrators can confirm this .. it seems to be a help for those who fly MP with this protector gimble
2018-5-21
Use props
Mullheliflier
Captain
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe it is not a ventilation slot. It is designed to hold on the silicon protector as in the picture above.
2018-5-21
Use props
sica
First Officer
Israel

There are tutorials on youtube how to make that cooling slot to the first '' gimble protect '' model. Mark it with ink then cut with a drill and finish with a rough saw. the flow of air goes directly into the primary motor coil of the gimbal! I bet on 10 beers as I'm right. It has nothing to do with hold extra protection! Perhaps an administrator can confirm / deny
2018-5-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to know
2018-5-22
Use props
Mars5150
First Officer
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

I've got my Mavic one year ago and it has had already the gimbal protection with this slot. I thought also that it could be some vent help when keeping protection on which I never had. Also asking DJI Store here in Milan, told me to NEVER fly with protection on.
2018-5-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

It’s to hold the rubber cover and yes, you can use it to fly but it will ruin your shots.
2018-5-22
Use props
sica
First Officer
Israel

A CW Posted at 2018-5-22 02:10
It’s to hold the rubber cover and yes, you can use it to fly but it will ruin your shots.

I am 100% agreeable to you! But MP has such a very sensitive gimbal that I think if I hit a bug in the air it will break something ... flat cable gimble .... etc. I have the obsession to quit photo quality for giant integrity. I think the MP / MP Platinum gimbel is the most fragile piece!
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for the information. The Mavic Pro Gimbal Protect that was delivered to you is the new version. That Gimbal Protection has a lot of advantage compared to the old one. It can lessen the temperature of the gimbal and camera and it can also eliminate moisture so that you will be able to take a lot of awesome pictures and videos with your Mavic Pro.  
2018-5-22
Use props
Mountaindrone
Captain
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

thanks ! interesting remark !
2018-5-22
Use props
Dorset_Horn
First Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

So DJI are saying...

2018-5-23
Use props
sica
First Officer
Israel

Today I flew fresh with the new gimbal protect ... but also with the new set of low-noisel propellers (MP Platinum). It's something of a dream! Perfect pictures ... no vibrations. The new version of DJI go 4.2.16 runs fine on Android. Platform: Huawei P8 Android 5.1 (3 gb ram, octacore processors). But ... it gets the phone temperature to the maximum but is stable without errors / disconnections after 23 minutes of continuous flight. Bravo DJI!
2018-5-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sica Posted at 2018-5-22 02:22
I am 100% agreeable to you! But MP has such a very sensitive gimbal that I think if I hit a bug in the air it will break something ... flat cable gimble .... etc. I have the obsession to quit photo quality for giant integrity. I think the MP / MP Platinum gimbel is the most fragile piece!

It's not quite that fragile lol but one thing you will notice is that fast wind speeds will misalign the horizon by pushing the gimbal more - the cover will help to keep the horizons straight. A minor crash into a tree branch may knock the gimbal off the drone but hitting an insect will be fine
2018-5-24
Use props
sica
First Officer
Israel

A CW Posted at 2018-5-24 00:35
It's not quite that fragile lol but one thing you will notice is that fast wind speeds will misalign the horizon by pushing the gimbal more - the cover will help to keep the horizons straight. A minor crash into a tree branch may knock the gimbal off the drone but hitting an insect will be fine

We intently exaggerated the gimbal destruction of an insect in flight. But what I saw on the internet / youtube ... minor accidents that affect the gimbal ... make me hysterical / very cautious!
2018-5-24
Use props
fans95a839d3
New
United States

I just received my mavic pro today and I received a tinted gimbal cover with the lock attached to it? Is this what DJI is shipping out now??
4B7956A0-84BB-402F-A45E-BFF2D632F5F4.jpeg
2018-8-15
Use props
Mullheliflier
Captain
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don’t know if they are, but the protector in the top right picture is not holding the camera properly. The two ‘fingers’  go in between the back plate on the camera and the main body to hold it in place. In the pic it is not holding the camera and is pushing it forward. You can’t of course fly with this cover on.
2018-8-15
Use props
eried
First Officer
Flight distance : 655830 ft
Norway

fans95a839d3 Posted at 2018-8-15 21:37
I just received my mavic pro today and I received a tinted gimbal cover with the lock attached to it? Is this what DJI is shipping out now??

Not original dji, but pretty convenient. I have one and I prefer it to the original one
2018-8-15
Use props
fans95a839d3
New
United States

I just want to make sure amazon didn’t sell me a used or refurbished one
2018-8-16
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its not a ventilation slot, it allows the rubber cover to slot on top and all the ones ive had have that hole and im on my 4th as i keep breaking them.  DJI state its perfectly fine to fly with the gimbal on.  
Image quality will suffer but its safe to fly.  Recommended for learning in case you crash it.

The 3rd party with built in lock i find worthless as i need the lock to hold the gimbal to safely add/remove filters without damaging the really fragile gimbal mechanism.

2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules