TB50 cell error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott47
lvl.1
United States

I have one TB50 with a bad cell error.  I can't get the battery to take a charge so that I could try and insert it into the I2 to see if the firmware update would work on it.  Any ideas on how to get the battery to charge enough so that I can try updating its firmware?
Thanks
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Scott, the latest firmware has optimized the cell voltage balance, but you will need to fully charge the battery and then leave it alone for more than 72 hours to balance after firmware upgrade.
What is the color of the Status LED when you insert the battery to the charging hub?
2018-5-21
Use props
Scott47
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-21 21:09
Scott, the latest firmware has optimized the cell voltage balance, but you will need to fully charge the battery and then leave it alone for more than 72 hours to balance after firmware upgrade.
What is the color of the Status LED when you insert the battery to the charging hub?

The color of the LED is red.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Scott47 Posted at 2018-5-22 03:42
The color of the LED is red.

I'm afraid the battery will need to be sent in for repair service, is your battery still in warranty period?
2018-5-23
Use props
Scott47
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-23 00:46
I'm afraid the battery will need to be sent in for repair service, is your battery still in warranty period?

No, the battery is not under any warranty. Bummer
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Scott47 Posted at 2018-6-27 09:23
No, the battery is not under any warranty. Bummer

That is unfortunate to know, what is the battery level of this battery? If it is over 30%, you can still try to update via the APP, if no power at all, I'm afraid we can do nothing to get it addressed remotely, you can still send it in, but the warranty service cannot be provided.
2018-6-28
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

I just started the petition "Frank Wang: Hold DJI responsible for selling faulty batteries!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.  My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:  https://chn.ge/2Lgtm9O
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules