Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant - where is *newest* data for the data upload??
1004 9 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
First Officer
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Every couple of months or so I do a data upload of the large *.dat file from the Mavic, using the DJI Assistant, Data Upload option.
Today, when I attempted it, I'm only seeing old data files from 3-4 months ago that I already uploaded to my PC and I've flown at least 10-15 new flights since then.
Has something changed? Am I not able to get new data files from the Mavic?
I have current version of DJI Assistant 2, v 1.2.3
2018-5-21
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Hi marklyn59

DJI lists the latest Assistant 2 as being v 1.2.4 for the mavic pro.  I don't know if this helps you.
DJI website is still listing the latest firmware for the mavic Pro as v 1.04.030.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide me with the screenshot of the data list on DJI Assistant 2?
2018-5-21
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-21 21:01
Could you please provide me with the screenshot of the data list on DJI Assistant 2?

Thor, I was able to find a method (using ftp to access those older files and remove them).  Once I did that, every time I turned on the Mavic, new smaller files are now appearing.  I will be flying this weekend so I will be very interested to see if new flight files are created that I am able to use.
Before I deleted the files though I can tell you they were the same flight dat files I'd seen the last time I copied them down to my computer, so no new files were being created.
Do you have any theory as to why no new flight files were being created until I deleted the old ones?To summerize, the only files you'd see are 4 new small files. The large 1+ Gb file is gone in addition to all of the older other files now.
2018-5-22
Use props
BudWalker
Captain
Flight distance : 5426050 ft
  • >>>
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-5-22 05:07
Thor, I was able to find a method (using ftp to access those older files and remove them).  Once I did that, every time I turned on the Mavic, new smaller files are now appearing.  I will be flying this weekend so I will be very interested to see if new flight files are created that I am able to use.
Before I deleted the files though I can tell you they were the same flight dat files I'd seen the last time I copied them down to my computer, so no new files were being created.
Do you have any theory as to why no new flight files were being created until I deleted the old ones?To summerize, the only files you'd see are 4 new small files. The large 1+ Gb file is gone in addition to all of the older other files now.

This methodology is being discussed  over at

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... o-accessible.41047/
2018-5-22
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
United States

BudWalker Posted at 2018-5-22 10:50
This methodology is being discussed  over at

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/keeping-dats-on-the-mavic-pro-accessible.41047/

BudWalker, I was actually talking about your methodology, but I'd like to hear from DJI on whether or not this is an issue and why weren't new files being created?  Does DJI expect us to go in and "clean up" every so often as a form of maintenance?
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-5-22 05:07
Thor, I was able to find a method (using ftp to access those older files and remove them).  Once I did that, every time I turned on the Mavic, new smaller files are now appearing.  I will be flying this weekend so I will be very interested to see if new flight files are created that I am able to use.
Do you have any theory as to why no new flight files were being created until I deleted the old ones?To summerize, the only files you'd see are 4 new small files. The large 1+ Gb file is gone in addition to all of the older other files now.

So you had removed all the old data files on the drone and new data is now recorded, right? That needs to be confirmed. Please allow me a little time confirming with the engineers.
2018-5-22
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
United States

Yes. Once I removed all of the files it started recording new files every time I turned the Mavic on.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-5-23 05:04
Yes. Once I removed all of the files it started recording new files every time I turned the Mavic on.

Hi Marklyn, I'd got news from the engineers. The engineers are aware of this issue and will have it fixed in the next firmware, thank you for your feedback.
2018-5-28
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-28 01:10
Hi Marklyn, I'd got news from the engineers. The engineers are aware of this issue and will have it fixed in the next firmware, thank you for your feedback.

That is good news, thank you!
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules