1497 6 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CarloMavicAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49596 ft
Curaçao

Hello,

I’ve been flying my Mavic Air without any problems for a while.

But for the last few flights it seems like theres something wrong with keeping the drone in position.

A few times it is just still in position and all of a sudden the drone turns about a quarter to the left (from the cameras view).

Today i was flying upwards and it turned by itself about a quarter and it flew of backwards (like it was getting taken by the wind). I had to switch to sport mode to fly it back and landed it immediately.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Maybe there’s something wrong with te sensors?

In the DJI app it does not give any notifications that there’s something wrong with the drone.

Thank you.
2018-5-21
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

this sounds like some of the problems that are occurring with the .400 firmware.
see the following links

Not Stable
New Firmware Released - check a lot of the comments on this one.  starts out great but goes downhill fast
Firmware Issues - also a lot of people talking about their issues with the new FirmWare
Mavic Yaw
Mavic Air Drift
My Solution - #10 in the thread above
2018-5-21
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Welcome to the club...
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Carlo, sorry to hear that you're experiencing the difficulties. Was there any message on the app during flying? Could you please provide me with your flight data and system log from the drone? Please also list the firmware info (General Settings, About on DJI GO 4) I will forward this case to the engineers to check.
As for now, please try to calibrate the IMU and compass as well as the vision system, make sure that the propellers are all in good condition and test again. Look forward to your update.
2018-5-21
Use props
CarloMavicAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49596 ft

Hello all,

Thank you for your replies.

I just got back from vacation. I'm going to refresh the firmware first, put on new props and recalibrate the IMU and compass and see if that will fix it.

If not I will upload my flight log. If it did work I will let you know as well.

Thank you.
2018-5-25
Use props
MackT83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83182 ft
United States

If you took your MA on vacation, the IMU and Compass most definitely need to be calibrated. I travel quite a bit with mine, and if I dont do those two things afterwards, I get the same erratic behavior.
2018-5-25
Use props
Eltoro313
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
France

@DjiThor How do you calibre the IMU ?
I calibrate maybe every 2-3 days my compass, it’s good or bad things ?
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules