Mavic Air carbon fibre propellers?
3460 10 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enrique HK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14278 ft

Hi All;
Has anyone here got the MAvic Air carbon fiber propellers and tested them? I heard they increase flying stagbility and reduce significantly the noise while flying. Any tips from someone who has use these will be very welcome.
thank you all and happy flying!
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Enrique, as far as I know, we haven't released carbon fiber propellers. It is suggested to use the genuine DJI propellers for the specific drone for the safety concern, thank you for your support.
2018-5-21
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

Avoid them at all cost! Low noise and stability are lies! You will get only signal lost with them. Look for youtube review of them.
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

METROID Posted at 2018-5-21 20:53
Avoid them at all cost! Low noise and stability are lies! You will get only signal lost with them. Look for youtube review of them.

Ditto.  
Have seen very few that are really carbon fiber composites.  Along with several of being of poor quality.  Issues with balance, resulting vibrations.
2018-5-21
Use props
Enrique HK
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-21 20:19
Hi Enrique, as far as I know, we haven't released carbon fiber propellers. It is suggested to use the genuine DJI propellers for the specific drone for the safety concern, thank you for your support.

thanks for the feedback
2018-5-22
Use props
Enrique HK
lvl.1
United States

Avoid them at all cost! Low noise and stability are lies! You will get only signal lost with them. Look for youtube review of them.

looking now. Cancel the order. thanks for the feedback man!!
2018-5-22
Use props
Enrique HK
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-21 21:17
Ditto.  
Have seen very few that are really carbon fiber composites.  Along with several of being of poor quality.  Issues with balance, resulting vibrations.

thanks for your help guys!
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really.  like the plague.  stability goes to pot when you switch, and i actually lost flight time too. The bird has to work much harder.  and i heard no audible difference.  The "carbon fiber" (i doubt they are actually carbon fiber)  props don't change the pitch at all, so they pretty much sound the same
2018-5-22
Use props
Enrique HK
lvl.1
Germany

3-D Posted at 2018-5-22 06:35
Really.  like the plague.  stability goes to pot when you switch, and i actually lost flight time too. The bird has to work much harder.  and i heard no audible difference.  The "carbon fiber" (i doubt they are actually carbon fiber)  props don't change the pitch at all, so they pretty much sound the same

thanks Man! I cancelled my order long time ago and never used them based on the feed provided by other users.
thank you!!!
2018-10-22
Use props
Armin-Jay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46778 ft
Germany

METROID Posted at 5-21 20:53
Avoid them at all cost! Low noise and stability are lies! You will get only signal lost with them. Look for youtube review of them.

I just stumbled over this thread while wondering, if there is an option to reduce the noise production by the Air? Alright, these carbon propellers seem to be a scam, but what about other accessoires?

I try to fly at calm spots in the city without disturbing too many people around me ...

Many greetings from Munich,

Armin
2018-11-3
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I wouldnt use anything OEM that would alter the flight charachteristics
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced