Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landed instead of return home
1633 25 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI User466
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Had a real bad one today hit return home and instead it landed and I was just over the trees trashed my brand new dron why would this happen
2018-5-21
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13875118 ft
  • >>>

Has the drone been within a radius of 20 meters? In that case it will not RTH but will land where it is.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

Are you kidding me I didn’t know that damn repeated I am it’s all my fault is that what you’re saying
2018-5-21
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI User466 Posted at 2018-5-21 11:33
Are you kidding me I didn’t know that damn repeated I am it’s all my fault is that what you’re saying

You are very agressive and your problem shouldn't be attended anymore.
You didn't give any information beyond that accident. That way it is not possible to determine if you just didn't RTFM or whatever...

Good Bye - you are not worth being helped!
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

Please don’t misunderstand me I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything I was just trying to say are you saying it’s my damn fault because I am at Rocky and didn’t know what I was doing this is only the third time that I had this in the air each time which for five minutes and when I returned home came home why this time was different I don’t know
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

By the way I don’t see where you see any aggression out of what I said now that I just went over it
2018-5-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Post a link to the flight LOG please.
Follow the instructions here.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Let us have a look at what happened in the flight.

Did you record video while this tradegy transpired?

RedHotPoker

2018-5-21
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

How can a thread disintegrate so quick., as Eric13 stated if the drone is within 20m of the home point it will land if RTH is initiated, but you didnt say where it was in this case.

Good advice is to read the manual at least three times, it’s amazing what you can miss the first couple of times when all you want to do is get the bird in the air.
2018-5-21
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI User466 Posted at 2018-5-21 11:44
Please don’t misunderstand me I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything I was just trying to say are you saying it’s my damn fault because I am at Rocky and didn’t know what I was doing this is only the third time that I had this in the air each time which for five minutes and when I returned home came home why this time was different I don’t know

I wasn't judging by mentioning the 20m radius.
But often RTH issues turn out about not knowing about this feature.

So take a deep breath, relax and give us more details.
The best is you provide your flight record. Click on the following link, instructions are given.
Once you did upload your flight record, revisit this thread and provide us with the link to your flight record.
There are lots of experts here ready to help.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2018-5-21
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

If someone can tell me how to unplug my flat rock Ridge and I would be more than happy to
2018-5-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

466, How old are you and exactly what is flat rock ridge?
2018-5-21
Use props
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

When I was first flying some not necessarily older but indeed wiser pilots made the suggestion that I thoroughly read the manual and ease into learning to fly my P4A.  It was certainly good advice and I recommend the same to everyone.  You need to be careful setting up and using the RTH mode and also need to be aware of how the obstacle avoidance system works (and when it doesn't.)  Me, I prefer to manually fly my drone as much as possible and I definitely make smoother landings than the drone does in auto-land.  Sorry about your troubles but good luck!
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

Please help me understand this I was 519 feet away hit return home and it landed did I do something wrong
2018-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI User466 Posted at 2018-5-21 13:36
Please help me understand this I was 519 feet away hit return home and it landed did I do something wrong

If your Phantom was well over 20 metres from home, the cause of the incident will be something else.
The only way to work out what happened is to look at the flight data.
The way to do that is:
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Someone should be able to look at the data and make sense of it.
2018-5-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

What was your battery level when this happened? Perhaps you were at a critically low level and set to land instead of RTH.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

There was nothing different than the last time hit return home no problem. No worming nothing and don’t know how to upload my flight
2018-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI User466 Posted at 2018-5-21 14:05
There was nothing different than the last time hit return home no problem. No worming nothing and don’t know how to upload my flight

Go to the link in post #14
You will find instructions there
Follow them and come back with the link to the report it shows you.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I‘m so sorry to read the crash. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
Data analysis will be arranged if the drone is still under warranty period, and we'll offer you the corresponding solutions according to the analysis result.
2018-5-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

DJI User466 Posted at 2018-5-21 14:05

Do you remember what message came up on the screen after you tapped RTH? It is possible that you may have tapped the arrow to land instead. The screen would have told you whether it was doing a RTH or landing. There should also have been a red cross that you could have tapped to stop the landing. Did you see this? Both RTH and landing can be cancelled.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-21 18:59
I‘m so sorry to read the crash. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
Data analysis will be arranged if the drone is still under warranty period, and we'll offer you the corresponding solutions according to the analysis result.

now that i looked at the log i see that the land botton was close to return home button on dji go app .and i'm sure i hit .land and i didnt know what to do and froze i'm sending it to you for repair .
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI User466 Posted at 2018-5-22 06:25
now that i looked at the log i see that the land botton was close to return home button on dji go app .and i'm sure i hit .land and i didnt know what to do and froze i'm sending it to you for repair .

All right. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-5-25
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

You are making it very difficult to be helped. You dont know how to upload your logs and then you state you have viewed them yourself? And then go on to admit you pressed the wrong button... This thread is a winner.
2018-5-25
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

zu_lu Posted at 2018-5-25 11:34
You are making it very difficult to be helped. You dont know how to upload your logs and then you state you have viewed them yourself? And then go on to admit you pressed the wrong button... This thread is a winner.

That's a common scenario here:
People f*ck up and start a thread yelling at DJI and everyone.
Once they noticed their own fail you never here from them again.
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI User466
lvl.3
United States

Eric why are you so upsesed with with Me. Nobody asked you
2018-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

zu_lu Posted at 2018-5-25 11:34
You are making it very difficult to be helped. You dont know how to upload your logs and then you state you have viewed them yourself? And then go on to admit you pressed the wrong button... This thread is a winner.

He asked in other places too and got his answer there.
2018-5-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Multiple threads, on the same scenario.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now