Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Colorado Regulation for fly
1336 7 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WWNYGPYsNgmj
lvl.3
United States

Hello Guys. I am new in forum. So also i bought my new Dji mavic 3 weeks ago. i register my drone to FAA. So i know i can not fly on any state park expect Chatfield and Cherry Creek. But last week i have been to pine valley ranch park at Jefferson county. So i tried to fly my drone and one of ranger come to me and he said `` you can not fly on open field.`` so it was my fault, i forgot to read park regulation. Also he said me all Jefferson County is a open space so you can not fly all over to Jefferson County. I just want to know where can i fly with my drone. Where is the legal place. I don`t want to trouble with that issue. For example i am living at Denver Tech Center area. Can i fly this zone? Is there any tips from you guys for fly zone.   Thank you.
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Get FAA's B4U Fly App.  You can enter a location you would like to fly at and see restrictions for things like Airports, Hospitals, Private Airfields, etc.   I don't believe it shows local restrictions implemented by city council.
2018-5-21
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully someone on this forum is from you area and shed more light on your flying locations. In the mean time I would contact your local Parks and Recreation office and ask them if there are any areas that open to flying drones in. Also make sure you don not fly in any National Parks "Period". State Parks a little different and have their own rules for flying UAV's.

Hope you find some locations to fly and remember its always safe to ask then get in trouble.

Welcome to the board.
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

If Denever Tech Center of Colorado is near Greenwood Village, then there are restriction and warnings.  Englewood Class D - Centennial Airport, Yankee Port helicopters, Centennial Healthcare Plaza helicopters, and possibly Sky Ridge Medical Center helicopters.
2018-5-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Not sure what he meant by open space for Jefferson County, CO.  But there is three airports within 5-miles.  Marshdale, Tall Timber, and Indian Hills Fire Dept.
2018-5-21
Use props
djiuser_WWNYGPYsNgmj
lvl.3
United States

Thanks guys. i just wondering, if there is no airport by around me can i fly wherever i want ? like front my home, over street etc.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Welcome to the DJI Forum family. I've tried to search on the issue that we are having today. The best way on how to check if your location is a fly free zone is to go to this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav / and once on the page all you need to do is to click Geo Zone Map, fill in the form so that you will be able to check if that specific location is good to fly the drone. Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
fdtekin
lvl.3

Hello Friends,

Does anyone try to fly over Denver Downtown area? I am just wondering.

Thank you for all answers.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules