3587 9 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sweepickit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3709022 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,
Had my Mavic Pro for a week now and have just done a couple of test flights. I recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung S9+... which is big and fragile, so lives in a ptotective shell case. My question is this... Is there a longer Micros/usb-usb C cable available from dji that will allow me to use this phone without the hassle of breaking it out of its protective case every time?
Has any one else come up with a solution, other than getting a short usb C female to usb C male extension cable?
Many thanks in advance!
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Sweepickit. Congratulations on your brand new drone and mobile phone. So lucky of you! Unfortunately, we do not have a longer Type C of Micro USB cable. But, I can forward this concern to our Engineers so that they will be aware that you are one of the customers that is requesting for a longer cable for Type-C Micro USB.
2018-5-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

use you phone cable and connect it to the bottom usb port
2018-5-21
Use props
Sweepickit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-5-21 19:41

Good call... I hadn't thought of that route! I will try it today and let you know how I get on!
2018-5-21
Use props
Sweepickit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-5-21 19:41

Suren, I now hold you entirely responsible for the future hole in my wallet... one quick search of Mavic- USB C cables has now introduced me to Mavmounts and other mounting systems which I never new existed... but do look to be the ideal solution to a larger phone and case mounting. For the solution I thank you, and for the lighter wallet....
2018-5-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Sweepickit Posted at 2018-5-22 03:20
Suren, I now hold you entirely responsible for the future hole in my wallet... one quick search of Mavic- USB C cables has now introduced me to Mavmounts and other mounting systems which I never new existed... but do look to be the ideal solution to a larger phone and case mounting. For the solution I thank you, and for the lighter wallet....

Glad I could help you spend more money
2018-5-22
Use props
Sweepickit 8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-5-22 06:47
Glad I could help you spend more money

I now have a MavMount... amazing bit of kit... my phone (Samsung S9+ including full protection case) fits brilliantly... a couple of flyers who hadn't seen it before were every impressed!
2018-6-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Sweepickit 8 Posted at 2018-6-14 08:03
I now have a MavMount... amazing bit of kit... my phone (Samsung S9+ including full protection case) fits brilliantly... a couple of flyers who hadn't seen it before were every impressed!

Thats Good to hear, Safe Flying
2018-6-14
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

How are you coping with the soft buttons on the s9+? They are under the drone controls on the same side. Imagine you need to act quickly and you touch this region and the go4 vanishes off the screen. I have this model phone and it is an absalute curse for drone use. Wonderful phone otherwise, though.
2018-6-14
Use props
Sweepickit 8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-6-14 11:04
How are you coping with the soft buttons on the s9+? They are under the drone controls on the same side. Imagine you need to act quickly and you touch this region and the go4 vanishes off the screen. I have this model phone and it is an absalute curse for drone use. Wonderful phone otherwise, though.

It can be a bit of a pain... especially when coming off intelligent flight modes... I have a link to the go4 on my home screen so revert back to it quickly... that said in an emergency... lets hope the buttons don't interfere!
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules