P4Pro in Europe
1874 9 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jco
lvl.1

I am wondering if I can get some help from the phantom community. I would like to create a stock portfolio of video and images from 15 major cities in Europe. I understand that each country has separate laws regarding commercial usage but was hoping that commerical pilots from each country would weigh in on how easy/difficult it would be to get permission to fly as an US citizen. Planning on shooting the following cities:
-Paris
-Helsinki
-Prague
-Amsterdam
-Budapest
-Dublin
-Rome
-Venice
-Oslo
-Madrid
-Vienna
-Stockholm
-Brussels
-London
-Berlin

Any commercial pilots from any of these countries care to weigh in on what it would take to be able to fly commercially?
2018-5-21
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Forget about Amsterdam.  Its in amsterdam airport CTR  no way you get permision to fly .
2018-5-22
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

If you want to fly commercial, you need to get a license and insurance according to local requirements.
You don't want to do this for each country.

Berlin is bad. The entire City is under CTR of two airports. You can get an exempt for ED-R 146 (center point is the REICHSTAG) under certain circumstances.
It's being differed between inside/outside a radius of 1.85km of the center point. Inside is even more difficult.
German license and insurance required. Application costs €€€ and its not guaranteed that it will be granted.
Berlin.jpg
2018-5-22
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

forget Rome and Venice too, they are off-limits unless you have an italian commercial licence -difficult to get- and several special authorizations on top of that...
2018-5-23
Use props
fanse63c3931
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063 ft
Belgium

Forget Brussels. No fly zone and CTR.
2018-5-23
Use props
Markus B.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21864 ft
Austria

Also forget about Vienna. It's similar like in the cities above.
2018-5-23
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seems like you portofolio , will be very thin unfortunately. I think all the above cities will have very strict drone restrictions. The only option find the highest building and use the osmo on a long pole and walk along the edge
2018-5-23
Use props
jco
lvl.1

wow. so much negativity here. anything is possible with the right price. BTW, i have already secured permission to fly in 6 out of the 15 cities (some of which i was told to forget about. HA!)  with licensed drone operators so i know it's possible. quite being so negative and start offering solutions. i thought this was a place to come for support and help!
2018-5-26
Use props
fanse63c3931
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063 ft
Belgium

jco Posted at 2018-5-26 17:43
wow. so much negativity here. anything is possible with the right price. BTW, i have already secured permission to fly in 6 out of the 15 cities (some of which i was told to forget about. HA!)  with licensed drone operators so i know it's possible. quite being so negative and start offering solutions. i thought this was a place to come for support and help!

Nice reading this.
Its not a question to be negatif, you asked to fly in these city.
Yes hire a Belgian Licensed pilot and ask (+pay) aa derogation and maybe you have your pictures if it is a question of money. But i'm interested in the cities you mentioned that you already can fly...
2019-8-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse63c3931 Posted at 8-25 07:09
Nice reading this.
Its not a question to be negatif, you asked to fly in these city.
Yes hire a Belgian Licensed pilot and ask (+pay) aa derogation and maybe you have your pictures if it is a question of money. But i'm interested in the cities you mentioned that you already can fly...

Or even where he did end up flying, the post is from May last year.

It's unlikely he would have been flying in most of these, certainly in UK permission would have been needed from CAA for any commercial operation. And London is severely restricted I believe.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules