Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP! "Gimbal Vibration Abnormal" - Uncontrollable Vibrations
1297 8 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyerMelanie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11240 ft
United States

Hi flyers!

I was hoping this problem would fix itself after calibrating the gimbal, but it hasn't. My drone flew astray and ran into a tree a month or two ago (I experienced a fly-away drone. Thank goodness the tree was there; otherwise, the drone would have kept moving by itself without me doing anything). It had a pretty hard crash, but the propellers took most of the fall. I tried flying the drone again right after the crash and after I recalibrated everything, and I noticed uncontrollable gimbal vibrations. I know the gimbal mounts can get moved in a rough landing, so could this be the case? Is there anything else that could cause this?

I cannot tell if this gimbal and the mounts look normal or not. I have a strong feeling that the main problem is the gimbal and most likely the gimbal mounts being out of place. I tried looking online and still couldn't find anything except some pictures; however, I couldn't see the difference between the problem pic and the solution pic...lol.  

I have a video I can try to upload if any of you are curious what the vibrations looks like!

I'm going on a trip to a tropical destination in less than one month, so I hope to get this fixed ASAP I appreciate your help a lot!

All the best,
Melanie

2018-5-21
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

First thing I would do is calibrate your IMU.  Then go to an open field and calibrate your compass and then calibrate your gimbal again.  Also sometimes a bad prop or props can cause gimbal vibrations as well so even though you may of swapped them already could not hurt to change them again as $20 is cheaper than paying for repairs.  Good luck and hope it works out
2018-5-21
Use props
FlyerMelanie
lvl.1
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-21 18:12
First thing I would do is calibrate your IMU.  Then go to an open field and calibrate your compass and then calibrate your gimbal again.  Also sometimes a bad prop or props can cause gimbal vibrations as well so even though you may of swapped them already could not hurt to change them again as $20 is cheaper than paying for repairs.  Good luck and hope it works out

Thank you so much for your reply. What would you do next if that doesn't fix the problem?
2018-5-21
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

FlyerMelanie Posted at 2018-5-21 18:16
Thank you so much for your reply. What would you do next if that doesn't fix the problem?

Send it in for repair unless you are handy and can replace the gimbal/camera yourself.  In my mind really nothing else you can do at that point than repair/fix.
2018-5-21
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Put up a video and then take upside down pictures of the MP soe we can see what is going on.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Melanie, I am sorry for the accident. However, since the drone was crashed before, it could be the hardware problem which causes the gimbal issue.
For this case, I suggest sending the drone in for an overall check and repair. Please kindly fill in some info on the online repair link of our official web and then send it back.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-5-21
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

if you have suffered an accident and one ... or several propellers hit something hard URGENT change both sets of propellers. I'm the main cause of the vibrations at the gimbal. Plus check if the gimbal did not move from the elastic shock absorber
2018-5-22
Use props
FlyerMelanie
lvl.1
United States

Just to let you all know, I sent my drone in for repair and they returned a brand new DJI Mavic Pro drone because it was under warranty! SO THANKFUL!

Thank you, DJI!!
2018-6-8
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

how did you "fly away" happened? I don't understand how this is possible. was the wind too strong ?
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules