873 12 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans15490224
lvl.3
Ukraine

Hi!
Mavic is my second drone, previously I had GoPro Karma, but it's crashed

After reviewing my footage, I saw that my footage have too much noise, I never had this with my GoPro, maybe it can be resolved with some NR like NeatVideo or smth else, but again, I never had the same issue with my GoPro... I don't think that this cameras has too much difference, the same sensor size, the same bitrate 60 mbs.

What I'm doing wrong?

My settings is:
D-Log, Sharpness +1 (to avoid NR and watercolor effect), -3, -1.
4k, 24 fps, ND-32, WB is set to sunny

2018-5-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Try -1-1-1 4k 30fps. You may get better results.
2018-5-22
Use props
fans15490224
lvl.3
Ukraine

When I'm reducing sharpness, I got watercolor effect..

2018-5-22
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

If you shooting 1+ on 4k 24 fps you get noise , you must use Neat Video to remove noise.(video)
You shown us a photo???
For me best setting is on UHD 30 fps, manual, sunny or cloudy, iso 100, d-log style  0,-2,-2 and of course a ND filter for setting the expose to 0.
2018-5-22
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

what about ETTR? it will reduce noise in video?

p.s this is screenshot from vide, not photo and you could see trees have watercolor effect
2018-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

4K in general can look noisy on the MP with 'only' 60Mb/s bitrate.
It is not noise actually, but it is artifacts.
Try 2.7K for better results.
And if you do want (need) 4K, you have to experiment with the picture profiles.
D-Log is possibly not what you want, since that has too much information to put in the datastream.
Try D-cinelike instead.
PS, I have not tested this myself. For now I shoot FHD only.
2018-5-22
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

I'm working with another cameras with Log profile, but I didn't get any issues with footage like I get with MP I'm very disappointed about that.

Will try to use 2.7K, but I really want to use 4k instead of 2.7k

will try to use different settings for style, maybe it will help...
2018-5-22
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

So, If I'm using 4k, in my MP with D-Log, I will always have noise/artifacts? Is it anyway to avoid this? right now I'm using +1, -2, -2 or 0, -2, -2 and my footage still have a lot of noise event in good light conditions
2018-5-22
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

have you try my settings? what kind of edit program have you? do you have NEAT video?
2018-5-22
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

yes, I tried you're settings and still have too much noise, I'm working in Final Cut Pro X, no, I don't, and don't want to buy it right now, 'cause if something wrong with my mavic, I'll return it ((((

gopro have a LOT better quality than my mavic, and I'm very disappointed.

can anybody share with me raw video from you're mavic? I just want to compare it..
2018-5-22
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

or checkout my video, in dark areas you can see a lot of noise, + quality isn't good as for me (for LOG profile), maybe it's due to not enough bitrate for 4K?
2018-5-22
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

When shooting using sharpness at 0 the MP uses it's in camera noise reduction to help reduce some of this noise that you will get.  So by using +1 you are in a sense turning that off giving you better detail but at a cost of more noise.  This video explains it good and ways to fix it    The explanation of the noise issue starts at about 3:10 in the video.  
2018-5-22
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

got  it, thanks...

now I'll have mavic for this, I want to use 100 mbps for 4k video instead of 60... all details looks so bad... with 60 mbps, it's not usable as 4k drone, and only now I understood that...

Damn.. camera on mavic just sucks (((( I'm very disappointed about that..
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules