12Next >
6561 44 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans95ff5bbb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13068 ft
United States

How long does it take DJI to add support in the SDK for new products? I really like flying with Litchi but I'm unable with my P4P V2.0. Thanks
2018-5-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Guess it depend on the sales count, this is one of more requests, notice the dates: https://forum.dji.com/thread-111783-1-1.html

Best luck.
2018-5-22
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Months usually
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, fans95ff5bbb. DJI won't recommend any 3rd party application to control the flight of our newly released drone. But I can still forward the request to our engineers and hopefully they will consider it in the future.
2018-5-22
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 12:23
Hi, fans95ff5bbb. DJI won't recommend any 3rd party application to control the flight of our newly released drone. But I can still forward the request to our engineers and hopefully they will consider it in the future.

Then this may be the beginning of the end for DJI
2018-5-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

EdM Posted at 2018-5-22 15:03

People like you have been predicting the end of DJI since the company first began. Notice they are not only still here, but flourishing.
2018-5-22
Use props
fans95ff5bbb
lvl.2
United States

I understand you can't recommend. I just wanted a release date of the SDK. Thanks
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

EdM Posted at 2018-5-22 15:03

I totally respect your opinion or feedback towards DJI. As I've mentioned above, we are forwarding the request to our Developer team. We are not closing our doors for innovation using a 3rd party application. As of the moment, we only recommend our owned application to use for our DJI drones. In order for us to easily sync and get the flight record, especially if the issue involves in crashed. Also, this is the only app that our Engineers/Developer already tested. Thank you and have a great day!
2018-5-22
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-22 15:10
People like you have been predicting the end of DJI since the company first began. Notice they are not only still here, but flourishing.

Sorry Geebax, didn't mean to get you upset over a negative DJI post.   My comment was directed to the fact Natalia's post made it sound almost like third party apps were not welcome for their "newly released drone".   Maybe like this was a new stance that DJI was taking.
2018-5-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

EdM Posted at 2018-5-22 18:33
Sorry Geebax, didn't mean to get you upset over a negative DJI post.   My comment was directed to the fact Natalia's post made it sound almost like third party apps were not welcome for their "newly released drone".   Maybe like this was a new stance that DJI was taking.

I am not upset at all. It is simply that, as I said, people have been predicting that DJI will fail soon for as long as I remember. So far they have all been wrong. DJI have made an SDK available to allow third party developers, but understandably it would not be the highest priority for their software team.
2018-5-22
Use props
david_eberhardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51486 ft

Brian - do you also have the original P4 Pro? I've read your comments about the P4P V2.0 an you didn't seem overly impressed with Ocusync. Also I noticed that Litchi will not work with V2.0 right now. I'm debating wether or not to get the original P4 Pro or the P4 Pro V2.0 and would welcome your opinion.
2018-5-26
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

david_eberhardt Posted at 2018-5-26 03:51
Brian - do you also have the original P4 Pro? I've read your comments about the P4P V2.0 an you didn't seem overly impressed with Ocusync. Also I noticed that Litchi will not work with V2.0 right now. I'm debating wether or not to get the original P4 Pro or the P4 Pro V2.0 and would welcome your opinion.

David I fly in the same location 5-6 days a week for 2 years now so I know it like the back of my hand. In the ONE FLIGHT I did with the new V2 (won't fly until I can get VR) it did not seem to improve distance but I do think the auto switching between 2.4 and 5 ghz is a plus. Also it's quieter.

Without a lot of flying I would feel bad if you went on my opinion alone, it was hardly a good test. There are many reviews popping up that I'm sure can shed better light. I'm a latest greatest guy so once it's working with Litchi and or DJI Goggles I will sell my P4P and stick with the V2.
2018-5-26
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-5-26 10:08
David I fly in the same location 5-6 days a week for 2 years now so I know it like the back of my hand. In the ONE FLIGHT I did with the new V2 (won't fly until I can get VR) it did not seem to improve distance but I do think the auto switching between 2.4 and 5 ghz is a plus. Also it's quieter.

Without a lot of flying I would feel bad if you went on my opinion alone, it was hardly a good test. There are many reviews popping up that I'm sure can shed better light. I'm a latest greatest guy so once it's working with Litchi and or DJI Goggles I will sell my P4P and stick with the V2.

To the OP.  Is your goal of using Litchi over the Go4 application because you want the automated flight modes?  There may be a substitute for you.  I wonder if Hanger's Autopilot is an option with Phantom 4 Pro Version 2.0 because it does not rely on SDK.

Don Barar
2018-5-27
Use props
david_eberhardt
lvl.2

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-5-26 10:08
David I fly in the same location 5-6 days a week for 2 years now so I know it like the back of my hand. In the ONE FLIGHT I did with the new V2 (won't fly until I can get VR) it did not seem to improve distance but I do think the auto switching between 2.4 and 5 ghz is a plus. Also it's quieter.

Without a lot of flying I would feel bad if you went on my opinion alone, it was hardly a good test. There are many reviews popping up that I'm sure can shed better light. I'm a latest greatest guy so once it's working with Litchi and or DJI Goggles I will sell my P4P and stick with the V2.

Thanks for your reply. I'm having a tough time deciding on which version of Pro to get. A lot depends on gambling that Litchi will be supported fairly soon on V2.0 but the track record doesn't seem very good that it will happen in a reasonable amount of time. I am super tempted to go with V2.0 since it has Ocusync and I saw an impressive video on that aspect. On the other hand the P4P is mature now and seems very reliable.

I've tried prayer for an answer but like dji, God has not responded yet.
2018-5-29
Use props
david_eberhardt
lvl.2

DGBarar Posted at 2018-5-27 06:13
To the OP.  Is your goal of using Litchi over the Go4 application because you want the automated flight modes?  There may be a substitute for you.  I wonder if Hanger's Autopilot is an option with Phantom 4 Pro Version 2.0 because it does not rely on SDK.

Don Barar

thanks. I was taking another look at AutoPilot this weekend but don't like the lack of being able to use the desktop to do mission planning before going out to the field. Unless I'm missing something, I like using Mission Hub in Litchi - big time saver.
2018-5-29
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

david_eberhardt Posted at 2018-5-29 02:12
thanks. I was taking another look at AutoPilot this weekend but don't like the lack of being able to use the desktop to do mission planning before going out to the field. Unless I'm missing something, I like using Mission Hub in Litchi - big time saver.

Hi David:

The mission hub of Litchi is very good and I too like using it to plan.  It is unfortunate that SDK is not yet supported on version 2.  That is why I was thinking Autopilot might be a solution because it does not rely on SDK.  Autopilot does not upload a mission to the aircraft as does Litchi.  Instead, it continuously sends commands to the aircraft from the RC to perform different actions.  As you can imagine there can be good and bad aspects associated with this e.g. if for some reason the RC loses contact with the aircraft the mission halts.

There are two reasons that I have begun working with Autopilot:
1) You can have more than one subject in an Autopilot waypoint mission.  And, you can adjust that mission so that it will gradually interpolate between these subjects as it moves from waypoint to waypoint.
2) With Autopilot when performing an orbit, you can have a subject that is not the center point of the orbit.  I like this feature a lot.

There are some disadvantages to Autopilot:
1) No histogram.  Though there is a beta screen that gives you access to the DJI Go FPV flight screen which has histogram. At this point it seems a little buggy as changing between the Autopilot flight screen and DJI flight screen may result in the Autopilot flight screen turning chartreuse.  The only way to eliminate the off color display is to delete the Autopilot application.  I have a ticket into Hanger to see if they can resolve.
2) No way to format an SD card in the aircraft.  This can be done from the DJI Beta screen.  However, only if in-line controls are hidden.
3) There may be other issues with Autopilot but I am too new learning the application to offer comment.
4) In general, you have to set up the aircraft in DJI Go, kill the DJI GO application, then launch the Autopilot application.  Autopilot is not a stand alone flight solution as is Litchi.  But then again, neither is Litchi because it does not offer a way to maintain the aircraft, e.g. calibrate the IMU et.al.

One more thing.  Autopilot is not a difficult to learn as some have claimed.  Review the manual and then watch some of the YouTube videos and you can quickly generate very complex missions.

Hope this is of benefit to you.  If you decide to give Autopilot a try let us know.  It would be an interesting test to see if it works with the Phantom 4 version 2.0.

Don Barar

2018-5-29
Use props
djiuser_PF90AgXrpnLH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18320 ft

I CANT GET LITCHI TO WORK WITH MY P4P V2 EITHER....ANYONE KNOW WHEN TO EXPECT IT?
2018-6-21
Use props
htm2112
New

There are some disadvantages to Autopilot:
1) No histogram.  Though there is a beta screen that gives you access to the DJI Go FPV flight screen which has histogram. At this point it seems a little buggy as changing between the Autopilot flight screen and DJI flight screen may result in the Autopilot flight screen turning chartreuse.  The only way to eliminate the off color display is to delete the Autopilot application.  I have a ticket into Hanger to see if they can resolve.
2) No way to format an SD card in the aircraft.  This can be done from the DJI Beta screen.  However, only if in-line controls are hidden.
3) There may be other issues with Autopilot but I am too new learning the application to offer comment.
4) In general, you have to set up the aircraft in DJI Go, kill the DJI GO application, then launch the Autopilot application.  Autopilot is not a stand alone flight solution as is Litchi.  But then again, neither is Litchi because it does not offer a way to maintain the aircraft, e.g. calibrate the IMU et.al.

I can confirm that Autopilot does not work with the P4 Pro v2.0. Neither does DroneDeploy, sadly. I can also confirm that you can format your SD card from Autopilot.

Autopilot has been an indispensable app for my company. It is a real problem that the P4 Pro v2.0 does not work with it. I go to sites with my P4 for automated flights and use my P4 Pro v2.0 for all the manual flights.

When comparing the results of the camera, there is no question that the P4 Pro v2.0 is incredible. And it's not just the 60fps at 4k. It's the better image transmission to the iPad. Half the time, with the P4, I'm loosing signal.

I really home Autopilot eventually supports the new drone.
2018-6-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

htm2112 Posted at 2018-6-23 18:18
I can confirm that Autopilot does not work with the P4 Pro v2.0. Neither does DroneDeploy, sadly. I can also confirm that you can format your SD card from Autopilot.

Autopilot has been an indispensable app for my company. It is a real problem that the P4 Pro v2.0 does not work with it. I go to sites with my P4 for automated flights and use my P4 Pro v2.0 for all the manual flights.

I bought the V2 day of release and haven't hardly used it. For me I can't fly without goggles. Usually that means my VR Goggles via Litchi. But since the Litchi isn't ready yet and the new V2 supports wireless connection to the DJI goggles I bought them only to find out they aren't compatible yet....ha.. Returned goggles and drone.
2018-6-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-6-22 12:52
Here’s some more info on what is going on:

What has happened is an exodus from the Palo Alto office charged with doing the SDK work. Rob Schlub headed the office, and he left the DJI SDK Dept  when he saw how disorganized it was.  He was then hastily replaced with Darren Liccardo. Darren also saw how poorly DJI treats customers so he left and now there is basically a young kid, Arnaud Thiercelin in charge of this stuff. He doesn’t know what he is doing (he is infrequently even at the office) and they aren’t even anywhere close to supporting an SDK for the P4Pro v2.0.

Not sure if any of this is correct but either way I'm not sure pis sing this guy off by giving his email out is going to make him work any faster to help us out.
2018-6-23
Use props
djiuser_PF90AgXrpnLH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18320 ft

i believe the developer kit (SKD) has just been released @@ per DJI  check out developer.dji.com    4.6   ken
2018-7-6
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Autopilot has released a beta for the P4P 2.0.  Reports are that Litchi has as well.
2018-7-7
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-22 15:10
People like you have been predicting the end of DJI since the company first began. Notice they are not only still here, but flourishing.

You got that right Geebax.
2018-7-7
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-7-7 17:01
Autopilot has released a beta for the P4P 2.0.  Reports are that Litchi has as well.

Yes I received the Litchi Beta on Saturday and it so far seems to be fine.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

IamWedge Posted at 2018-7-7 20:13
You got that right Geebax.

If that would have  been their new stance on things it would have been the beginning of the end for me.  Glad the bot spoke in incorrect terms.
2018-7-8
Use props
Uschi’s Phantom
lvl.2
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-7-7 22:47
Yes I received the Litchi Beta on Saturday and it so far seems to be fine.

Thanks Brian, I received notice of the Litchi Beta with support for the P4P V2.0 yesterday as well.  I just installed it and will test shortly.  Hopefully things go well for me too.
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_ZMfraMcQWAG0
lvl.2
South Korea

Uschi’s Phantom Posted at 2018-7-8 14:40
Thanks Brian, I received notice of the Litchi Beta with support for the P4P V2.0 yesterday as well.  I just installed it and will test shortly.  Hopefully things go well for me too.

Is the litchi program also available for phantom4 pro plus V2.0?
2018-7-8
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ZMfraMcQWAG0 Posted at 2018-7-8 18:05
Is the litchi program also available for phantom4 pro plus V2.0?

I don't know if you can install software on the plus but if you can then it should work
2018-7-8
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

Been flying the Litchi and Autopilot beta for the P4P 2.0 and all has been working great.
2018-7-9
Use props
fans95ff5bbb
lvl.2
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-7-9 14:44
Been flying the Litchi and Autopilot beta for the P4P 2.0 and all has been working great.

Great ... can't wait for the release.
2018-7-9
Use props
Uschi’s Phantom
lvl.2
United States

fans95ff5bbb Posted at 2018-7-9 16:36
Great ... can't wait for the release.

If you want to sign up for the beta you can do so here: https://flylitchi.com/beta
2018-7-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Uschi’s Phantom Posted at 2018-7-9 19:00
If you want to sign up for the beta you can do so here: https://flylitchi.com/beta

That link if using Android directs to a prompt for a Google sign in, + users would be using Amazon?
2018-7-10
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

To clarify, the beta's I have been flying are iOS.
2018-7-10
Use props
Uschi’s Phantom
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-10 01:45
That link if using Android directs to a prompt for a Google sign in, + users would be using Amazon?

Sorry, yeah, you might want to email Litchi to find out if the beta is available through Amazon.  I used iOS .
2018-7-10
Use props
fansd2593e8d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1230039 ft

I'm standing by ready to test the Amzon Store version for the CrystalSky monitor.
2018-7-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-7-10 03:52
To clarify, the beta's I have been flying are iOS.

Yes I have 20 flights on the V2 Litchi Beta for IOS and NO PROBLEMS!
2018-7-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have 50 flights on the V2 with the Litchi Beta app. They informed me today they are getting ready to release version 2.5 for everyone...
2018-8-8
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-8-8 09:53
I have 50 flights on the V2 with the Litchi Beta app. They informed me today they are getting ready to release version 2.5 for everyone...

Thanks for the info, great news, and thanks for being a beta tester.
2018-8-8
Use props
oldwolf
New
Flight distance : 1064331 ft
China

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-8-8 09:53
I have 50 flights on the V2 with the Litchi Beta app. They informed me today they are getting ready to release version 2.5 for everyone...

thanks for sharing the message. But i have send an e-mail to ask for beta access ,and haven't get reply. it was so disappointed!
2018-8-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

oldwolf Posted at 2018-8-12 04:24
thanks for sharing the message. But i have send an e-mail to ask for beta access ,and haven't get reply. it was so disappointed!

Maybe send again. They've always seemed to be receptive to beta unless they have too many.
2018-8-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules