Gimbal Motor Overload error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coleygiles
lvl.2

Gimbal Malfunction on my P4 Advanced

Constantly getting a gimbal motor overload error

Camera shakes during flight and doesnt settle in a forward facing position on startup, its at an angle and vibrating even when not in flight

Did a compass, IMU and gimbal calibration. Still has the same problem

Only flown it a handful of times in calm conditions in my local park and landed on grass every time, the aircraft is around 3 months old, never crashed or hit any obstacles.

Ive checked to see if the camera is touching and the ribbon and its a good 2mm from it and when I move the camera around, it is not touching anything.
Camera clamp has been removed each time during flight

For this to happen after less than 3 months after paying $1799, Im not really happy.

2018-5-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Since it's still under warranty, I would send it back.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, coleygiles. I am sorry to hear on what happened to your drone. Since, there is no crashed involved prior to this issue. Have you tried updating/refreshing the firmware of your aircraft? If yes, then  we recommended to contact our support team to start a ticket and send in the drone to DJI official repair center for evaluation and repair service. As long as the drone is still in warranty period and it is product malfunction then you will be free of charge. You may also click on this link to start the request: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-5-22
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

The drone is less than 3 months old, it better be under warranty

I will have to take it back to the place I bought it from and get a replacement, I cant afford to send it away as I am going away in the next week or so for 2 months and need to take it with me.

I have refreshed the firmware using DJI Assistant and this completed successfully but the problem is still happening
I have logged a support ticket anyway

2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

coleygiles Posted at 2018-5-22 18:11
The drone is less than 3 months old, it better be under warranty

I will have to take it back to the place I bought it from and get a replacement, I cant afford to send it away as I am going away in the next week or so for 2 months and need to take it with me.

Yes, if you still have the option to replace it from the store (where you bought it) you may. But if in any case that they won't accept it anymore for a replacement, you always have an option to send it for a repair.  Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!
2018-5-23
Use props
buzzy1969
New
United States

I have had this same thing happen.  I have only had this drone a couple of weeks. motor overload error.  I hope where I bought mine will replace it.
2018-5-26
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2

Yeah, Im returning mine on Tuesday, they better accept it, Im not sending it off for repair, I just want a replacemnt
2018-5-26
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

I will never use this company again, such drama over replacing my faulty drone. I have purchased a
Yuneec Typhoon H Pro and not had any issues so far. DJI dont care about their customers at all,  even though this was costing me money every day without the drone as I use it for work, they couldn't give a damn. Good riddance to them. I will certainly be posting this all over the drone forums and facebook page to let people know about DJI, bad news travels a lot faster than good news as they say.

2018-6-20
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

I have had the same problem...why are the replies "Post only author visible"???
2018-6-21
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks, Ive changed that setting
2018-6-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

coleygiles Posted at 2018-6-20 22:40
I will never use this company again, such drama over replacing my faulty drone. I have purchased a
Yuneec Typhoon H Pro and not had any issues so far. DJI dont care about their customers at all,  even though this was costing me money every day without the drone as I use it for work, they couldn't give a damn. Good riddance to them. I will certainly be posting this all over the drone forums and facebook page to let people know about DJI, bad news travels a lot faster than good news as they say.

Pity, no reason to go out and buy a third rate aircraft though. The people on here could have worked with you to solve the problem.
2018-6-28
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

At least its working and does the job fine for the work I do. I did try with DJI and they refused to play ball after selling me a faulty drone. They really dont care about their customers, I explained it 20 times via email (with photos) and numerous times on the phone too.

Good riddance to them. Thye dont care about bad reviews either, just shows what type of company they are, for the sake of 1 drone replacement, they are happy to get all the negative reviews I am putting all over the forums, facebook pages etc, I don't take kindly to big companies treating the average consumer like that, my reviews and posts will cost them a lot more more than my Phantom 4 did.
2018-6-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

coleygiles Posted at 2018-6-28 21:18
At least its working and does the job fine for the work I do. I did try with DJI and they refused to play ball after selling me a faulty drone. They really dont care about their customers, I explained it 20 times via email (with photos) and numerous times on the phone too.

Good riddance to them. Thye dont care about bad reviews either, just shows what type of company they are, for the sake of 1 drone replacement, they are happy to get all the negative reviews I am putting all over the forums, facebook pages etc, I don't take kindly to big companies treating the average consumer like that, my reviews and posts will cost them a lot more more than my Phantom 4 did.

'my reviews and posts will cost them a lot more more than my Phantom 4 did.'

No it won't. Your bad review will not be seen by 99% of the people who are wanting to buy a drone because they don't research it very well anyway.
2018-6-28
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

You believe what you want, where do you think people look up reviews and comments on drones, official Facebook pages, forums, review sites, you know damn well they do and if I can avoid this happening to 10, 5 or even 1 person,  I will be satisfied

Most people research things online these days, you are dreaming if you think its not the case, if thye buy a $70 drone then maybe not, but if people spend $2K on a drone, you can be assured they will research and check out the reviews
Ive been flying drones a long time, I am the founder of a few drone fishing sites and FB pages and I get asked all the time about what drone to buy and use for this hobby so I know I have an impact
2018-6-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

coleygiles Posted at 2018-6-28 22:49
You believe what you want, where do you think people look up reviews and comments on drones, official Facebook pages, forums, review sites, you know damn well they do and if I can avoid this happening to 10, 5 or even 1 person,  I will be satisfied

Most people research things online these days, you are dreaming if you think its not the case, if thye buy a $70 drone then maybe not, but if people spend $2K on a drone, you can be assured they will research and check out the reviews

Fine, you believe that so be content. But DJI have been providing crap service for almost as long as they have been in business, yet they outsell all the other brands combined. And there is a simple reason, despite their lousy service, they make the best drones by a long shot.
2018-6-28
Use props
coleygiles
lvl.2
Australia

Thats fine, I know what I am doing impacts a sale here and there and thats all I care about, don't really care bout how many they sell or how good they are, I have bought 1 and it was sh1t
Its all good, dont worry about it

2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules