Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Poor signal - Regardless of range
2277 4 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had the Mavic Pro now for over a year and have flown it literally over 1000 times.
Since the last few weeks it has extreme interference, poor signal and poor controllability (lag).

Environment is not the issue, today I flew it in the same spot I have flown it hundreds of times and the signal was extremely bad, no matter the range. In fact it had a better signal being further away.

I use the DJI Crystal Sky monitor to make sure it is not the mobile device. You would think it would work well with Only DJI products...

Any idea about this? The image breaks up, drone responds slowly. It seem sporadic, regardless of location.
I have tried all the different transmission settings, 10mhz, 20mhz, Auto channel etc, no luck.

This was NEVER a problem in the past, I have flown this drone all over the world, often miles away without a hitch, now it is virtually unflyable.

Is this a broken firmware again or what is the issue ?

Anyone else have the same problems?
2018-5-22
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

Was it a happy bird BEFORE you did an update?
If so, that may be you answer. Go back a rev.
2018-5-22
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea probably, but if it is the firmware again, then many more should have the same issue. Especially since I use Crytal sky which removes any thirdparty software/hardware

2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? If not, you are recommended to refresh the firmware for the drone to check if it fixes or not. You can refer to the tutorial video below to refresh the firmware, thanks!

2018-5-22
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, the Mavic Pro had one prior crash, although not severe. It was repaired by the DJI repair centre in the Netherlands.
This is several months ago though and the Mavic had no connection issues after receiving it back in many flights at different locations.

Since then it received new firmware updates, after which the connection issue started.

I followed your advice and refreshed the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 (the new version) and updated both the Mavic and controller.
A test flight showed no connection issues except for a few seconds before stabilising. So it improved but this might just be luck, considering the issue occurs spontaneously.
I will keep monitoring this and see if it re-occurs as severe as before (essentially forcing me to land as I struggle to see/control the drone)

Today's 6min test flight performed almost flawlessly.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules