Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"maximum altitude reached" -> crash
2918 52 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pjJE8TD7uOn1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44698 ft
Poland

Here is the link for log
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/10ODYTWZWCH3WJGQI85H/
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_pjJE8TD7uOn1
lvl.1
Poland

Jim_Ball Posted at 2018-5-22 19:38
"I believe the sensors are de-activated in ATTI mode".

Incorrect. I did a number of indoor flying tests in ATTI mode. All obstacle avoidance sensors (front, back, downwards) worked perfectly. The MA automatically stopped when it was 1-2 metres away from the obstacles. Also the drone was very reponsive in the ATTI mode.

I agree in 100%. I flew several times at home in a small room. The lack of GPS signals can not be the reason for what happened.
2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-22 13:50
I guess I never realized it took a 100% stick movements in ATTI mode to get drone to do whatever pilot was commanding it to do.

One time, I thought my MPP went briefly in to ATTI mode, it seemed like controls were very sensitive.  Now I am wondering what bloody mode it was in?

Hi,
About that 100% input....in GPS mode when you put your stick central the drone will stop that movement. (GPS stable). In ATTI mode if you put the stick central the drone will continue fly the direction it was going, so you have to steer opposite the moving direction to stop that movement.
That`s why often 100% left is done to stop flying right.

If there is no wind at all, you can control the ATTI drone with small stick movements, often getting more left, more right, moooorrree left etc...(to 100%) to get into control again.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi djiuser_8j5mINicgV31

See my checklist.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-151418-1-1.htmlHope your drone can be fixed, and you will not stop with this great hobby!
Love to see video`s of beautifull sweden!!

cheers
JJB
2018-6-6
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi djiuser_pjJE8TD7uOn1,

see my chart.

Sorry for your loss, hope it can be repaired.

Flight started with no GPS reception, just 6 satellites. No homepoint set ofcourse because of that GPS reception.
Guess your flight started in OPTI mode followed by ATTI ; so its hard to control if you are not used to fly in ATTI.

See previous post for a check list.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2018-6-6
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Does anyone still go through a pre flight check anymore? I've had my Mavic for over a year and I still get nervous on every takeoff.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_pjJE8TD7uOn1 Posted at 2018-6-6 02:18
Here is the link for log
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/10ODYTWZWCH3WJGQI85H/

You have to be careful both preflight and envoirment you are flying in, I have to commend you on doing your best to avoid hitting people that were very close.

1/ taking off from a pier most likely packed with rebar concrete is a no no.
2/ not waiting for gps lock minimum 11 sats
3/ taking off so close to people

Get yourself a preflight plan, JB has a very good one posted in another thread in general support go find it and use it. This time you were lucky hopefully lesson learned and not to much damage done.
Fly safe good luck.
2018-6-7
Use props
iCharlie17
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51516 ft
Spain

djiuser_pjJE8TD7uOn1 Posted at 2018-6-6 01:35
Hi everyone. Last saturday I had the same situation. No control after 10-15 sec after start. Aircraft has switched itself into sport mode. I tried to land but crashed against the wall. I could have hurt someone. It was scary.
Link to the flight
https://youtu.be/EoVdu_D-l9Q

At least your drone didn't go straight to the water :/
2018-6-7
Use props
Tomek_MA
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks for all your comment and advice. I never did the check list. Now I will be doing. One thing about this unluck flight - in DJI Go4 the distance of this flight is 4667km.. What about this? Is it normal with weak GPS signal?
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tomek_MA Posted at 2018-6-8 00:12
Thanks for all your comment and advice. I never did the check list. Now I will be doing. One thing about this unluck flight - in DJI Go4 the distance of this flight is 4667km.. What about this? Is it normal with weak GPS signal?

Never seen that before, if you find out the answer let us know.
2018-6-8
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tomek_MA Posted at 2018-6-8 00:12
Thanks for all your comment and advice. I never did the check list. Now I will be doing. One thing about this unluck flight - in DJI Go4 the distance of this flight is 4667km.. What about this? Is it normal with weak GPS signal?

HI,

If i am right distances are calculated from the LatLon data time+0 minus LatLon data time-N.
(N = every 0.1 seconds calculated)

So if the LatLon data is incorrect the distance outcome will be ofcourse incorrect.

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

Sorry for your misfortune, hope everything works out for you.
2018-6-9
Use props
csvanefalk
Flight distance : 38730 ft
Sweden

Update on my case: DJI concluded that there were no sensor/software problems, and just charged me for replacing a broken arm + engine. It wasn't very expensive, and I got free shipping to go with it (no warranty claims though).

Overall, I am very happy with how DJI handled this (especially after hearing some horror stories about long and unresponsive repair trips). The whole process took just about 2 weeks. Great job DJI

Many thanks to everyone in the community who helped me out with this as well! Here's to flying with sufficient satellites in the future ;)
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules