Inspire 2 Battery Station Quick charge times and how many at once.
3309 5 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Quick Charge, its advertised to charge 4 batteries at the same time to 90% in 35 minutes, however the updated user manual says it will only charge 2 batteries pair at a time until it reaches 90% then starts charging the next 2. So which is correct? The user manual or the product description?
So essentially I would like to know the following:

1/ how long does it takes to charge 4 batteries to 90%?
2/ how long does it take to charge those same 4 batteries from 90% to 100%.
3/ Is it safe to quick charge all the time?
4/ Does quick charging reduce the life of your batteries?
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

They are all right, in Quick Mode, the pair in the same column with the higher power level will charge first, but there are two columns (AB and CD), the A and C pair could charge at the same time.
It is OK to charge in Quick Mode, but for the charging time, I will need to verify with our engineers, please wait a moment and I will be back later.
2018-5-22
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-22 23:40
They are all right, in Quick Mode, the pair in the same column with the higher power level will charge first, but there are two columns (AB and CD), the A and C pair could charge at the same time.
It is OK to charge in Quick Mode, but for the charging time, I will need to verify with our engineers, please wait a moment and I will be back later.

Thanks Mandy, so just to be clear it will charge 4 batteries at the same time and therefore theoretically if they started with the same charge level then they should finish charging at the same time?
Looking forward to what the engineers say regarding the times, I guess the time Im wanting to find out the most is how long it take to charge 4 batteries from 90% to 100% after a quick charge.

The reason is im trying to work out if 4 pairs of batteires are enough for flying continuously for 8 hours using the quick charge function. Planning to fly down to 20% for each pair, knowing the total charge time will determine how many batteries i need with the battery station.

Thanks again

2018-5-23
Use props
Manufree
New

Hong Kong

1/ how long does it takes to charge 4 batteries to 90%? ——35min
2/ how long does it take to charge those same 4 batteries from 90% to 100%.——15min
3/ Is it safe to quick charge all the time?——Yes
4/ Does quick charging reduce the life of your batteries?——No
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the post in 4# is from our R&D engineers, hope the answer helps.
2018-5-27
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mindy

Thanks for this cheers
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced